What Makes your life easier whilst M.H.'ing (1 Viewer)

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
At the risk of repetition:

Watering can
Bucket
Length of nylon cord / clothes pegs
Gaslow (plus calor Orange job)
USB charging stuff
Remoska and external gas grill thingy
Asci book
Aires book
Something to get interweb

Out pre fitted solar panel and air suspension

A bit of imagination

Dave

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I would say a range of various torches / battery lights are invaluable in many situations.. a decent duvet and a decent omelette pan

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Remove the carpets and store until you sell the MoHo.
They'll hold the dirt and grit and get scruffy.
Get yourself a nice sweeping brush.
Truck sat nav to cope with weight, height and width restrictions
Vanbitz battery master!
Telescopic brush for washing the MoHo.
A long handled window cleaner for washing/cleaning the windscreen of flies and bugs
A decent air compressor for the tyres and air suspension
A bottle jack and axle stands to cope with 5 tons
Satellite finder app
TV aerial direction pointer app
A good payload!
Wind up and down bike rack
Spare wire, fuses, electrical connectors, jubilee clips & tools

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
A lot depends on size and storage. I use a 5 litre plastic petrol container for my fresh water in preference to a watering can - flexi hose and easier to store. I don't use a lot of water so a couple of top ups a day is more than sufficient and not heavy.
A collapsible bucket for my waste water and a telescopic broom for sweeping out each morning. Both take up little room.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Not trying (or wanting) to live like we do at home.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I would say a range of various torches / battery lights are invaluable in many situations.. a decent duvet and a decent omelette pan

off topic, but we had 9 torches in the escape when we emptied it before changing :oops:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
A lot depends on size and storage. I use a 5 litre plastic petrol container for my fresh water in preference to a watering can - flexi hose and easier to store. I don't use a lot of water so a couple of top ups a day is more than sufficient and not heavy.
A collapsible bucket for my waste water and a telescopic broom for sweeping out each morning. Both take up little room.

How many members keep their water tank brimmed?

I always run with a quarter tank (being thrifty and worried about the weight) I cant see the point of carrying a ton of water to France for instance. I only half fill it when we need a shower and then empty the grey waste as soon as possible - never run out yet.
We do keep drinking water in 5 ltr supermarket water containers but I'm considering this to be a waste of time as this tank water doesn't seem to taint the water like the old van.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We run with enough water so the "low water" light isn't flashing. Empty all waste tanks as and when we get the opportunity.

Drinking water is carried in bottles as I have been ill in the past from dirty water and once you have experienced it you do not want a repeat :sicker:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Lists.
Checklists.
Notebook for making more lists and checklists.
Pen.

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Or watering can, why I often ask myself do people use a watering can? Do as John does and pump it in from a large container.

The best things I have fitted are my solar panels and Gaslow, had them now for 7 years and wouldn't be without them now.

We don't all have room for a large container.

Deleted User
This little beauty, the mini hoover, not Nige :D
WP_20150507_002.jpg

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
Outside dining table with adjustable height legs. We struggled last year in France on uneven ground. We noticed all the Dutch had them. Got one and life's much easier this year.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Seems to me a great number of people here are trying to exactly replicate living at home!
Why not? If we wanted to "camp" we'd still have a tent.. We want to be as comfy as at home (often more comfy) .. We want good music and TV .. Good food, comfort and the advantage of a bit of outdoors living (weather permitting) , travel and exploring new places.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The main things that make my life easier are:
Cruise control
Sat Nav with camper routing and POI's
Not being in a hurry to get somewhere :D

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Watering can, fastest, easiest way to top up, then our Campabucket.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I'm slightly bemused with all the folk running around with empty water tanks to save fuel, we are driving vehicles with the aerodynamics of a brick and the fuel consumption to match, an extra 100kg of weight is not going to save you much. Indeed when combined with other variables - rolling resistance of tyres, tyre pressure, weight distribution over axles - running "light" may actually cost you more - it might not but it could, either way the saving will be next to nowt.

And before anyone draws parallels to their cars consumption, I would agree that in a modern well designed car extra weight does make a difference.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I would consider any thing that you can do to offset all these variable is a plus.
I do have a low profile van. I do make sure the tyres are at the correct pressure. I do travel at an optimum speed.
I don't load my van up with stuff that might come in handy once in a blue moon. I take off the tow bar unless I need it for a specific trip.
It all adds up and carrying a full tank of water and grey waste still makes no sense to me.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The stresses and chores we leave at home!

In the motorhome one pot cooking, different sorts of wet wipes, a good toolkit, big bucket, baby dyson and a watering can. Nespresso machine and red wine take care of most other problems.

(y)
We even had an inverter fitted so that Mrs C could have a Nespresso 'on the move'
My favourite treat at the end of the day is an Espresso, a piece of chocolate and a shot of dark rum

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I would consider any thing that you can do to offset all these variable is a plus.
I do have a low profile van. I do make sure the tyres are at the correct pressure. I do travel at an optimum speed.
I don't load my van up with stuff that might come in handy once in a blue moon. I take off the tow bar unless I need it for a specific trip.
It all adds up and carrying a full tank of water and grey waste still makes no sense to me.

We too wouldn't dream of driving round full of water and waste .. If we're expecting to stop at a brit stop type site with no facilities we may have about a third of a tank of fresh . If going to a site with facilities we will be empty .. With just enough water to show on guage. Obviously empty waste at every opportunity .

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
A slim wife would make life easier. Then her fat arse wouldn't be in the way when I want to get past. Hope she doesn't read this!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back