what makes you proud to be british (1 Viewer)

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Why are you against gay marriage? And the Irish?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Why are you against gay marriage? And the Irish?
First question: I cant see the point of people getting married full stop, unless it's to give any resulting children a name that dosent start with a 'B'. And as, (to my present knowledge, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), it takes one of each sex to produce a child, then what's the big deal? Unless of course its all part of feeling 'accepted', or 'equal'?
Second question: I spent too long fighting them (collectivity) to have a mad love affair with them. (y)

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm proud to be British for the achievements that we have made as an empire over time. I'm proud of our heritage and that ..when required we stood up to oppression and nazism and won. I'm proud of our inventors and of our language and I'm proud of our democracy which people around the world have emulated .
I'm proud of our united Kingdom and of our relationship with America.
I'm proud of our armed services and their professionalism and dedication.. not to mention sacrifices.
Our sporting achievements and sportsmen and women through history make me proud.
I am proud of our way of life which includes the NHS
I'm proud of our flag
I will always speak up for Britain.
(I might need to add other stuff here... it's early)

Apart from the bit about America, what he said ^^^^^^^^^

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You've fought the Irish? Wow I thought that was over in 1920, or are you alluding to your security service in NI which is part of Britain
Well, yes and no. I fought those from both countries, but mostly those who were born, (and were subsequently fortunately buried), in the Irish Free State. And so yes, I fought the Irish, unless your saying that Eire is still a part of the UK?

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
It' a disgrace we are being taken over by foreigners
GEOMAR
Op I know!! those blasted Vikings can be so rough and what about those Normans, with all that smelly food and don't get me started on the Romans with their OCD, straight roads indeed!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well the Irish free state culminated in 1937, so I'm guessing your over 100 years old
It dosent become you to knit pick, especially when your incorrect. :) Many people in Eire still refer to it as the 'free state', as you are probably aware. (y)

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
It dosent become you to knit pick, especially when your incorrect. :) Many people in Eire still refer to it as the 'free state', as you are probably aware. (y)

Sorry man, not nitpicking, our service was later than yours, in the middle east

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry man, not nitpicking, our service was later than yours, in the middle east
That's cool, I don't have a problem with that, in fact, you get a 'like'. (y)(y) Also, I have no issue with those from whichever Ireland that fought for The Crown, some of my best mates did. (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Op I know!! those blasted Vikings can be so rough and what about those Normans, with all that smelly food and don't get me started on the Romans with their OCD, straight roads indeed!
let's not forget the polish who fought to defend our country in the battle of Brittan then stayed to improve the gene pool in those lovely English villages.
and the naves that built Brittan.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
You've fought the Irish? Wow I thought that was over in 1920, or are you alluding to your security service in NI which is part of Britain

NI is most certainly NOT part of Britain.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Proud to be English
flag-of-england.gif
:cheers: hence my number plate, never ever displayed a GB in my life.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
One thing I'm not proud of is people who whine and complain about our history and our conquests and our empire and who think we owe the world a living. We don't.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I used to be very proud of being British that was before we turned into a nation of petty minded, winging, dobbing, snitching, job worth, judgemental, self-opinionated, childlike race. Lets go back to when as a nation we get on & just got on with it!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I feel very fortunate to have been born in the UK and I am proud to be British. Every day, wherever I am I meet good people working hard and serving our community in so many ways, many of them have come from outside the UK and the EU. At the weekend I was at a wedding party of a friend and was surrounded by incredible young people all contributing to our multi cultural society.
This morning at the gym I saw a young ex serviceman who lost both legs and other bits when he stepped on an IED, he was 19 and is now 23, the same age as one of my sons.
The world is not a perfect place, nor is the UK but it's pretty damn good.

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
Yes I take your point Enword, too many with half empty glass syndrome unfortunately, but I am very proud to be British and anyone who has spent time abroad parlez-ing with locals will know that they can whinge the Brits right out of the park! And grass isn't greener on the other side, it is still grass. :banghead::giggler:

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
Carolyn, your post wasn't on when I posted but I agree whole heartedly. And bravo to our service personnel. They make me very proud.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
C'mon toots....its over...move on:D
Hey, we all move on, and I would be the first person you could ever meet who would condone 'moving on'............................

But

When it's a warm summers night, and you wake up after the most horrendous nightmare you could imagine, your lying in a swimming pool of sweat, and you can SEE blood running from your hands, your screams have awoken your sleeping partner, and the horrific visions and sounds, smells, situations of long ago are there, in your face, and there is no escape...........It's really very hard to just forget, and without that release, you cant just simply 'move on'. :(

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What is the criteria for being English in 2015. Always willing to learn..........
That's a hard one.........................How about being born in England?? :doh::doh:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That's a hard one.........................How about being born in England?? :doh::doh:
That is not what it says on my pass port and every other official document that I process. It always says that I am British and I live in the united kingdom. Surely they wouldn't be intentionally misleading. Come on Mr T keep up....:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back