LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm here because Ray Desert Detours mentioned it, in fact spoke fondly of it.

I'm paying £10 to be in MHF ( as are many other names I've spotted ), I can come to terms with that running as a business, greed is a natural human trait. This is reflected, in my humble opinion, in over moderation to make sure the sensitive ones do not vote with their feet and not continuing paying their £10.

For instance, being a bit of a joker and anti Political Correctness, I once posted, "and as for you, you ***** moderator you can *** **** and **** ****** right now". It was pulled as disrespectul to the moderators. To which I replied "and as for you, you excellent moderator, you can be pleased and pat yourself on your back right now", that is offensive and disrespectful to the moderators is it :) I'm delighted to see belly laughs in here.

But this forum is free, well presented, on a better forum engine ( with it's threaded display ), this costs time and money, so just as a matter of interest who or what is behind it ? Have we a bored millionaire programmer keeping his grey cells in working order ?

Just interested.

The name is Brian, from south of Manchester with a Burstner A530 which we've have for one year. We got as from Glen Shee to Venice this year, rain ruined Venice though. Next Big Thing is do Morocco with Ray next April. I can't believe it will be ruined by rain !

Brian.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, now theres a name I recognise from many sites, Jim is the man responsible for the formation of the site and along with Bryan keep it in tip top order, it is a free site, and costs are met by the sale of Jim's, Motorhome checklist, and other items plus a limited amount of advertising. The site is a fabulous mix of facts and fun, you need a sense of humour to survive here, hee hee. The chat room (where I live) is open 24hrs a day and if no one else is in there you can always talk to yourself.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Enjoy
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
I'm here because Ray Desert Detours mentioned it, in fact spoke fondly of it.

I'm paying £10 to be in MHF ( as are many other names I've spotted ), I can come to terms with that running as a business, greed is a natural human trait. This is reflected, in my humble opinion, in over moderation to make sure the sensitive ones do not vote with their feet and not continuing paying their £10.

For instance, being a bit of a joker and anti Political Correctness, I once posted, "and as for you, you ***** moderator you can *** **** and **** ****** right now". It was pulled as disrespectul to the moderators. To which I replied "and as for you, you excellent moderator, you can be pleased and pat yourself on your back right now", that is offensive and disrespectful to the moderators is it :) I'm delighted to see belly laughs in here.

But this forum is free, well presented, on a better forum engine ( with it's threaded display ), this costs time and money, so just as a matter of interest who or what is behind it ? Have we a bored millionaire programmer keeping his grey cells in working order ?

Just interested.

The name is Brian, from south of Manchester with a Burstner A530 which we've have for one year. We got as from Glen Shee to Venice this year, rain ruined Venice though. Next Big Thing is do Morocco with Ray next April. I can't believe it will be ruined by rain !

Brian.

Hi Brian, welcome to the best site on the net!

The people who run it are just nice people!

Jim, Bryan and many otheres spend lots of there time keeping our site maintained free! I hope you have a great time as you get to meet us all over time.

Patrick

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome

The success of the website is down to Jim and Bryan and is supported by advertising

However my personal view is this is more than a website.

We attended our first meet last year. The meets are all organised by various members who dont charge for doing this.

We were made to feel very welcome and as if we had been part of the group for years.

It is the people who make motorhomefun.

The wonderful thing is people help each other - one member had motorhome problems and other members went to help - the motorhome is now up and running and fully legal.

Now when you click on the forum page, scroll to the bottom and have a look at the auction that is being run for charity - the NSPCC

Welcome join in, post and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Jim and Bryan are just cool dudes:winky:

Both are teckies and both love motorhoming and above all love FUN:roflmto::roflmto:

All our members thank them in their own funny ways:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Go forth and prosper MotorhomeFun:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome: Jims just gonna love the bored millionaire bit :ROFLMAO: wonder if he's got up from rolling on the floor yet ! :roflmto:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, now theres a name I recognise from many sites,
you need a sense of humour to survive here, hee hee.

Maybe not me, I've been refused hilldweller a few times though normally end up as hilldweller1. It may come as a shock to those in Norfolk but there are a lot of hills in the UK. I'd go for The_Fool_On_The_Hill because it's got a good simple message in the tune but I can't be bothered to type all that.

Sense of humour - my god, there's never been a time when it's been needed so much. We've long since proved we believe this as a nation, we keep electing these comedians to the best trough in London and boy do they know how to feed off it.

Brian.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

>> Hi Brian, welcome to the best site on the net!

Yeh ? That bloke Dave over there says you is rubbish you is, his the the best site in the universe. Now go over there and tell him he's wrong.

FIGHT FIGHT - get your fight popcorn here, £1 a bag - FIGHT FIGHT. THUD. Oooo, that hurt. Would you be wanting a hand Patrick ?

>> I hope you have a great time as you get to meet us all over time.

Time, that magic ingredient that I thought might get more plentiful as I got older but just the opposite has happened.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian (Hilldweller)

Welcome to FUN:thumb:

Hi Peter, you put it about a bit don't you. But you don't seem to need sleep judging by some of your early morning posts.

So at least one ( dealer ) good guy in here. A dying breed, you'll have David Bellamy knocking on your door one of these days <whisper> "Now viewers, with this very long lens we can just make out one of the last lesser spotted motorhome traders, motorusdealerusrus. There did you see it dash from that motorhome to the office. They are very timid in the open air. This is one of the rare ones that builds a big nest on the river bank. We are hoping to find a mate and hope they start breeding so we can once again see them in their full glory, proudly dashing from their office habitat dragging big sacks of provisions into their secret storerooms called banks".

Brian.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Brian,
a warm wlcome from as too I am sure that Jim and Bryan would absolutelyh love to be bored millionaires:ROFLMAO: but they will have to wait for the lottery numbers to come up first, everyone is just great, everyone helps each other when needed, but the most important thing is we have FUN, try one of the meets and you will discover what we mean::bigsmile:
ruth

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hilldweller asked

What makes this place tick ?

I think it's fair to say we all do, brcause we all want to have FUN. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But, the real brains behind it all are a few guys with the vision to see what could be obtained with FUN and not with over moderation and confrontation, which seems to happen a lot on other forums. :Eeek:

I say long may it continue. :thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
welcome Brian ,i have seen you about .
i have a look at them all but this is the best site .
read on a site yesterday that facts pulled the Fiat juddering post for some reason .
will never pay to look .
Jim is a gent and is fair with every one that posts :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
read on a site yesterday that facts pulled the Fiat juddering post for some reason .
will never pay to look .
Jim is a gent and is fair with every one that posts :thumb:

It was getting a bit overheated, so the moderators said. So they locked it for 24 hours. It's hard to believe but some folk object to Andy Stothard's crusade to have X250 Fiats fixed FOC. They say he's pushing the prices down with his whinging. All Fiat have to do is offer to fix them. I've a 2003 Fiat, still only 19,000 miles ( we bought it at 4000 last year and put on 15K ) and we are delighted with it. Apart from 25mpg which is a bit painful at today's diesel prices.

You don't pay to look. You pay to post. Look all you want and search via Google, all free. It has to be said that with the huge membership comes huge knowledge, and huge repetition.

Brian.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Jim and Bryan are just cool dudes:winky:

Yeh, man, I know, I'm freezing my nuts off too.

>> Both are teckies and both love motorhoming and above all love FUN:roflmto::roflmto:

I've been programming machine tools for 30 years, I think that's fun. Is that techie or nerd ?

>> All our members thank them in their own funny ways:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Good grief, that one over there in the corner, is that *really* thanking them ???

>> Go forth and prosper MotorhomeFun:thumb:

That's normally shortened to two words

Brian.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back