What makes a tent a tent rather than an awning? (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I feel like I asked so many questions over the last couple of days....but here's another....
Prior to getting our MH we were campers!!
Anyway, we still have the tent and when we go away for more than a weekend, staying put on one site we figure we'd still make use of the tent. This would be in place of an awning and just for use for outdoor things like chairs, bbq, kitchen (when weather good), and would not be used to sleep in. We'd use the MH for this which would enable us to leave the beds set up. (no living space when beds set up as front diner layout)

3 of the 4 sides open so would be ideal to sit out in even in inclement weather, and with some adjustments one side could throw over the MH as you would with a drive away.
So really the question is what makes an awning an awning and a tent a tent?
We don't want to pay double fees if we decide to take both, but having just bought the MH we'd rather not shell out for an awning.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So really the question is what makes an awning an awning and a tent a tent?
We don't want to pay double fees if we decide to take both, but having just bought the MH we'd rather not shell out for an awning.

IMO.. no difference, tent or drive away awning, some sites charge others don't, if you don't want to pay for the tent/awning check site fees before booking ..

Some even charge for a roll out sunshade .. :Angry:

other extra charges to watch out for

dog
car
pup tent
trailer

But much depends oh the site fee structure .. some 'all inclusive' fees are more expensive than those that break it down, which is fairer to some..

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
Not an expert, but does it have to actually be attached in some way to the MH to be classed as an awning. One thing that you may not have considered is if you intend lugging tent and all previous accessories ie kitchen etc you could very easily get yourself over your weight limit. Just a thought.:Smile:

regards

Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Some even charge for a roll out sunshade .. :Angry:

Double :Angry::Angry:
My argument has always been, "it is NOT an awning and I will NOT pay extra for it, I'll leave before I pay you extra for a sun shade which doesn't even touch the floor!"
So far, we've been OK but I've no doubt at all that one day, I WILL end up leaving.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We don't care what extras you bring, car, dogs, tents, children or extra aldults same price £10 per night. Polite to ask as you say and polite to ask if you have visitors comming to see you all day other than that we have no problem. :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We don't care what extras you bring, car, dogs, tents, children or extra aldults same price £10 per night. Polite to ask as you say and polite to ask if you have visitors comming to see you all day other than that we have no problem. :Smile:

It's a pity not all sites adopted this friendly and sensible attitude .. :Smile:

well done :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back