What is your perfect day in a motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
As @PhilG @Nasher, Trailer hooked up next stop Dover, off the ferry on too TT Assen, next Practice, qualifying, race 1, prep for race 2, race 2 (yay survived:p) Sunday night kicking back, awning jammed full of mates taking the pi$$ & talking bollocks, doesn't get any better, alas no more, now we have to make do with the baby Triumph on the trailer & a bit of sight seeing once the MH is parked up, but filtering is satisfying ;):whistle:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Any day in the motorhome really .But travelling down the road listening to Bob Dylan ,Willie Nelson or Andrea Bocelli with Jo sat next to me in the passenger seat ,now that’s quality time(y):h:
Brian & Jo

Gillus

Free Member
Jun 15, 2016
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 747
Exp
What a lovely thread. I think many have echoed our feelings. I love a winters getaway snow, rain, wind perfect just sitting in the van on a quiet site after a lovely meal, bottle of vino with hubby and the dog and the radio playing perfect. We need to get away now :h:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2013
france
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
four years
We live in SW France so we have the wonderful aires network "on our doorstep".
An ideal day always starts with B.O.C.O., brew on , cats out. cannot function without a cup of builders or three.
Morning run in the M/H with coffee/shopping/sightseeing stops. Anywhere that looks good/safe for the felines is
AOK for us but in the morning they mostly sleep anyway.
Never travel to far in a day once we are in our chosen area as we feel that the whole point of M/H-ing is to take it easy.
Look for the night stop from about 3pm, again must be good for the cats (check with any others on the site re:Dogs etc)
and then settle in, read, research the next days route, prep dinner and have an apero, or two. As we are both ex-RN we always check if the sun is over the yardarm before the bar is piped open.
This routine as worked really well for us on all our travels.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Anywhere that is nice particularly near the coast, what it would really make our day is if "Hope" the name I gave to our 1 year old Motorhome, which means hope the so and so don't develop a fault or fall to bits !!
Tony A

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Any day in the van is a good day. Some even better than others.

Reactions: Pia
Feb 20, 2010
winchcombe
Funster No
MH
swift sundance 630g
Ive had plenty mainly after a long journey going to southwest france to park up and have a cold beer,
Another this year was driving to croyde bay all 5 of us in the sea together having fun and surfing looking around there was only about 20 of us in the water and that's a memory i will always have,then playing games, and a nice few bottles of wine as it was my birthday making memories,that was my perfect day.:)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Just being in Harvey, love getting him ready, all polished, vacc'd and clean, then the business of leaving the house all locked up, reversing to turn his nose south...(usually heading for the tunnel)...knowing we're away for at least 7 weeks maybe 3 months....this, for us, is heaven.....so is going away for the weekend or even over night...Harvey is heaven :D!!

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
quiet day beside the sea, jug of bloody mary, dogs sitting about, walks on the beach, kindle loaded.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
In France or maybe even the U.K. parked up next to a river or lake where I can fish with bacon butties and coffee brought to me on the bank.......... Alternatively watching a dvd with Sue and a glass of Jim Beam honey whilst it’s piddling down outside, bag of Maltesers or a bar of Milka chocolate on the table. Heaven.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
In France or maybe even the U.K. parked up next to a river or lake where I can fish with bacon butties and coffee brought to me on the bank.......... Alternatively watching a dvd with Sue and a glass of Jim Beam honey whilst it’s piddling down outside, bag of Maltesers or a bar of Milka chocolate on the table. Heaven.

You winna catch nothing with bacon butties as bait.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back