What is your favourite meal in which restaurant.......... (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Moules Frites, preferably in France, pretty much any restaurant.

Moules fans going to Chester for weekends or rallies should try Moules A Go Go, on the main road into town from the Racecourse and Little Roodee overnight car park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
Had this Wagu steak in Charlie's Steak House Orlando when we went away for the new year, one of the best steaks I have had.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
I see there are a few fish and chip lovers on here. For the best fish and chips with fruit curry you have ever had Byrnes is just about as good as it gets. They close at 7pm Monday to Friday, and dont open at weekends, which just about says it all. Be prepared to stand in line in the street for an hour to get served. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/what...nes-chippy-liverpool-institution-one-12171370
Going to give that a go this week ! Cheers for the info !

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
For the best fish and chips with fruit curry you have ever had Byrnes is just about as good as it gets.
I read the article, and it was all sounding very good, until I got to where it said they use oil :(

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not my favourite restaurant in the world, and I don't normally eat Chinese but this will surprise a few, it certainly did me, Wok Mandarin Av del Doctor Severo Ochoa, 40, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Spain

Don't eat off the fixed menu have the all you can eat buffet, pick your own ingredients and get the chef at the back to cook it for you, superb seafood, ate there two nights running

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Working on cruise ships, there is only so much fine cuisine you can take, added to the fact that on a 7 day cruise season, the menu repeats every week so you could tell what day it was by what you were eating.
We would sit and dream about a diner in San Pedro, the port of Los Angeles, whenever I was there, as soon as the passengers were off, straight to the port diner for an all day breakfast. It wasn't this huge breakfast, it was the atmosphere, being transported to what felt like the film set of every American tv show I saw growing up. Best part was trying to order without the waitress asking a question, every item had options, so you would try to specify exactly what you wanted, needless to say, the ladies were experts and could always find a question ...will that be Canadian bacon?.. and they served real tea, boiled water with tea in a pot, luxury, then back to lobster and caviar.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Our favourite restaurant is The Italian orchard at Goosnargh Nr Preston. All the meals are so lovely I couldn't single one out but the seasonal game is always amazing

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I don't have to go away to go to my favourite eating place.

Punchbowl and Ladle at Penelewey, Slow cooked Pork Belly with Potato and Black Pudding Croquettes. :Grin:

The Fountain Inn Cliff St Mevagissey for some of the best Fish and chips in Cornwall, the joker has his own boat The fish is fresh fresh fresh. (Not the Best, as in GREAT, for F&C in Cornwall that one I'll keep to meself):drinks:

Black Pudding CROQUETTES???
Sacrilege!
Proper black puddings (from Bury, Lance..all else is shite) should only be garnished with mustard.

Cornish peasant!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
the amuse bouch oppersite the aire just outside Surmaur

The taisting menu is to die for

le grand bleu also saumur

the seafood tower is unbeliveable, probibly the best seafood resutaut arround

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Posh restaurant in Bogota, Columbia (can't remember it's name).
Starter was an excellent mixed salad including finely chopped chillies giving it a bit of a kick and somethings that resembled peanuts that you've left over at the party (you know, not so crunchy just softish). Don't sound to good but very tasty.
This followed by a fair steak and all the trimmings including something that resembled a cross between potato and woody turnip. Again, doesn't sound so good but really none too bad.
Anyway, the woody tattie was yucca plant, you know the "trunk" bit.
And the softish peanuts were, eh...................................... beetles!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway, couple of days later in a wee island off the coast of Panama in the yacht club orders lobster to be told it would be about 30-45 minutes wait. OK, says me wondering why, but question answered as a guy jumps off the end on the pontoon with a mesh bag in hand. Blo*** perfect even after the copious quantities of Johnnie Walker Black Label consumed whilst we waited.
And to keep our hunger at bay whilst we waited, a starter of Costa Rican King Crab claws!(y)(y)(y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:lips:
Black Pudding CROQUETTES???
Sacrilege!
Proper black puddings (from Bury, Lance..all else is shite) should only be garnished with mustard.

Cornish peasant!

Up country Git!, Culture Mate, tiz proper nosh that is, the only culture in Lincolnishshire is in a petra dish innet! Mate even the bloody Romans abandoned the place, Scallops and Black Pudding too!
HAH! savages, SAVAGES! tiz wat yu are, anywhere north of the River Tamar, Bandit country!

:hugs: & :lips: to Pauline :RollEyes:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
One of my favourites is a prawn madras, garlic naan and mushroom rice. Along with poppadoms and their home made pickles,
at Madhubans, in Liphook. mmmmmmmm.......

Craig

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
:lips:
Up country Git!, Culture Mate, tiz proper nosh that is, the only culture in Lincolnishshire is in a petra dish innet! Mate even the bloody Romans abandoned the place, Scallops and Black Pudding too!
HAH! savages, SAVAGES! tiz wat yu are, anywhere north of the River Tamar, Bandit country!
:hugs: & :lips: to Pauline :RollEyes:

Lincolnshire???
Just live there to give the place a bit of class!
Lancashire, home of the only true unadulterated black pudding,
born and bred.

Goegraphy not your strong point....Savages are found SOUTH of the Tamar.

Love to 118. :D

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I see there are a few fish and chip lovers on here. For the best fish and chips with fruit curry you have ever had Byrnes is just about as good as it gets. They close at 7pm Monday to Friday, and dont open at weekends, which just about says it all. Be prepared to stand in line in the street for an hour to get served. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/what...nes-chippy-liverpool-institution-one-12171370
Hello Dave , that brought back a few memories for me as I used to go there and was a friend of the owners eldest son Bernie who was one of the best footballers( amateur) around and his dad Bill used to play for Tranmere Rovers ,the man who runs the business now David was but a callow youth when I knew him ,the coronation picture which was shown in that article has another friends sister as Queen what a small world .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
My favourite meal ever was at the Kylesku Hotel . A fabulous seafood platter. AND I ate it all . Mmmmmmmm
The food.
IMG_1847.PNG

The Hotel
IMG_1848.PNG

The Kylesku Bridge
IMG_1850.PNG

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Lincolnshire???
Just live there to give the place a bit of class!
Lancashire, home of the only true unadulterated black pudding,
born and bred.

Goegraphy not your strong point....Savages are found SOUTH of the Tamar.

Love to 118. :D

Ah! but! they be OUR Savages innet?

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
If I told everyone the name of my favourite restaurant, it would become very crowded, the price would go up and I wouldn't get a seat in there

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Had a great meal in one on Thursday.

"Crustacean" 59 St Mary St. Weymouth, the place was immaculate, honestly you could eat off the floor!
Staff, service, food, were exemplary, prices were high end reasonable, beer was cold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back