What is your favourite cooking appliance? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Inside the ridgemonky gets used quite a bit.
Outside I like to cook on wood...so normally my FIREBOX STOVE G2.. can also use charcoal in it or meths burner..
Next on the list is a gas stove ,camping bistro I think it's called..
For longer stays we get the COBB out..

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
I also prefer a multicooker but with a large volume (since I have a big family). I believe that this is the best option in fact. I still had one question about smells. Our standard over-the-counter ventilation didn't do it well, but I added an extra air purifier nearby and the situation improved. I also have a compact barbecue but I don't usually use it indoors, only outdoors.
i Looked at the idea of a multi cooker but they seemed rather large and heavy for a motorhome. I was also uncertain about the amount of power they required.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Lotus for us as the best we have used, totally charcoal but uses a tiny amount of it so no lugging heavy bags around. Also no heat loss sides of bottom so you can use it on a table (outside) or on the grass without issues. With the additional hood works even better.
What do you use for a starter I thought it was ethanol gel have one but now in loft

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
What do you use for a starter I thought it was ethanol gel have one but now in loft
I find the best firelighters are from homebargains or the pound shop..not the smelly White ones but the brown cubes.. organic natural things...smell a bit like cooking oil ..cheap and pucker for sparking charcoal or wood up. 😉

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Panasonic breadmaker. Not in the motorhome ‘cos we don’t use power.
In the motorhome, my favourite appliance would be a toss up between the gas hob and the Weber BBQ.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can these cook say a chicken and spuds at the same time?
I’ve not actually tried to do both but can honestly say it cooks a chicken beautifully.
You cook on pressure cook to start with with the chicken on the rack then remove the liquid and air fry or roast for the final 15-20 mins so I can’t see why you couldn’t put par boiled potatoes in to roast at the same time.
It makes amazing roast potatoes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I find the best firelighters are from homebargains or the pound shop..not the smelly White ones but the brown cubes.. organic natural things...smell a bit like cooking oil ..cheap and pucker for sparking charcoal or wood up. 😉
Not the same as a normal bbq uses gel in small tray to light charcoal and has a built in fan to help lighting and controlling the heat, probably only uses 6 or 7 briquettes

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can these cook say a chicken and spuds at the same time?
Forgot to say it also slow cooks and steams
image.jpg

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Forgot to say it also slow cooks and steamsView attachment 441871
Would you mind me borrowing it for a weekend...after lockdown of course 🤤.

No seriously We've been looking at them last couple of days..but the price 😯.

We already have an air fryer in the apartment in Spain and love it..

Also have a halogen oven double hight one for at home and a pressure cooker lol.. although only really use that for gammon joints .

But I'm convinced we need a ninja foodie also..

When you get a chance can you cook a roast dinner in it and share the results... please 🙏🏽

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Would you mind me borrowing it for a weekend...after lockdown of course 🤤.

No seriously We've been looking at them last couple of days..but the price 😯.

We already have an air fryer in the apartment in Spain and love it..

Also have a halogen oven double hight one for at home and a pressure cooker lol.. although only really use that for gammon joints .

When you get a chance can you cook a roast dinner in it and share the results... please 🙏🏽
Will do .....and yes you do need one:giggle:
We bought one for son and DIL a few months ago and they love it too

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Oh yes you do.... (y)

I`m with Anne (davanne ).... I bought one a few weeks ago...

And I am no cook and only ever BBQ.. (Badly)...... but these things are the best thing since sliced bread..

Brilliant bit of kit.... I do like baking cakes and baked this a week ago =

DSC01399 (600 x 450).jpg

And this was my first attempt at cooking a roast in the Ninja.... It was only Chicken breast (I do like a bit of breast.)... and Roast tatty`s from raw.... pea`s were done in micro wave only cos I forgot to add them towards the end of cooking.:doh:.. (No crispy on the chicken, Dog had that..:giggler:.)

DSC01425 (600 x 450).jpg

Going to make some soup tomorrow..... normal boil in a pan along with preparation takes me ages...

But with Ninja still got to prepare... but cooking done in minutes..

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Having tried the Remoska , I have to say I am underwhelmed. It takes at least twice as long to took anything compared to my oven at home. May look at the Ninja in the sales.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Having tried the Remoska , I have to say I am underwhelmed. It takes at least twice as long to took anything compared to my oven at home. May look at the Ninja in the sales.

Argos.... (I think) are advertising them on TV... about £40 cheaper than I paid direct from Ninja and that was at the time 30-40 quid cheaper than Curry`s.. (y)

They are superb,,, and quick to cook..

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
We have a Remoska, an electric steamer and a slow cooker as well as pots pans and kettles. What is your favourite cooking tool? We are looking to make life easier for me as I cook and look after Sue in her wheel chair..
1 - My Cadac
2 - Microwave
3 - My bigger Cadac
Very rarely cook in the MoHo, use the Micro to heat porridge and soups etc.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
1 - My Cadac
2 - Microwave
3 - My bigger Cadac
Very rarely cook in the MoHo, use the Micro to heat porridge and soups etc.
These sounds good. The only thing on here I don’t have is the Cadac as a) we don’t barbecue and b) they are very heavy. My favourite for cooking outside, besides the slow cooker, is a nonstick electric griddle that sits on a table beside the van. I can then enjoy the ambiance of chatting with passerby’s whilst sipping a glass of wine and just watching the food cooking. Together with the microwave, great. You will of course realise from this that I don’t do off-grid Motorhoming🤭😂

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Ooni Koda(y)
We're expecting to take delivery of one of these today - do you use your's from the MH gas supply or carry a separate bottle for it? Ooni say that you can only use propane, not butane and I know that sometimes LPG is a mix of the two. But the Cadac works fine, so I'm wondering whether the Ooni will as well?

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Only bought our motor home last July and we only have a small workspace
Microwave has to be taken out of a cupboard to use,there is a space on the cupboard under ' cocktail cupboard ' in lounge area rarely use it as i prefer empty space
Bought a ramoska ,used once as kitchen work space limited
We have a six berth that is obviously configured to fit max number of beds ,really need six berth size for 2 people living space !

Is it feasible to put appliances in awning with an extension lead ?

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
A slow cooker. Bung it all in, keeps all the flavours, and you can get on with other things.
Obviously not popular with the younger generation, you see lots for sale on marketplace.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back