What is your favourite cooking appliance? (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Ok read halfway through the thread ..clicked on one of the links ..wow can that appliance really do that ? Think it was the Vorwerk Thermomix ..anyway ..I had just this week purchased a Tower Vortx healthy Air Fryer.. amazing bit of kit ..use in the van is ideal but small portions only at a time ( ones with low wattage anyway ) loved the one mentioned above but between cost and wattage a no goer for us ... but have now ordered a Drew n Cole CleverChef 14 in 1 intelligent digital multi cooker which is only 860 watts 5 litre ..
Cooking gadgets now owning which are all new
Slow cooker...
Halogen oven
Microwave
Air fryer
Chip Fryer
2 ring ehu hobs x2
2 ring gas hob
3 Gas rings
Tec Tower n gas hob
And soon to be added Multi cooker which I hope will eliminate a few of the other gadgets ...watch this space lolol

Kath

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Favourite appliance outside cadac 2 cook plus plates
New favourite will be recently aquired 3l pressure cooker, less than half wt of 6l and it fits in mh cupboard.
Bought for van but beef stew trialed today, absolutely bloody gorgeous.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you mean at home, the slow cooker, perfect for stew and curries or anything in sauce or gravy. In your wagon, pre cook meals and micro later is a good help.
Slow cooker is brilliant for cooking meat joints overnight..Always turn out lovely..BUSBY.

Apr 10, 2018
Gt Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500
Exp
10 yrs
We have a Remoska, an electric steamer and a slow cooker as well as pots pans and kettles. What is your favourite cooking tool? We are looking to make life easier for me as I cook and look after Sue in her wheel chair..
A good old pressure cooker. Once up to pressure you can turn the gas off and let stuff continue cooker whilst cooling. Seals last for years if you keep them away from soap. Cook more than one thing at a time.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
A good old pressure cooker. Once up to pressure you can turn the gas off and let stuff continue cooker whilst cooling. Seals last for years if you keep them away from soap. Cook more than one thing at a time.
We have a pressure cooker as well. It's such fun taking it outside under full pressure and releasing it with a cloud of steamy hissing.

Aug 30, 2011
Gresham, North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544SL
Exp
12 years

We try not to cook soap too! 🤣

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I use a 3l pressure cooker in the van but only take it when we're going away for a month. Don't usually bother if we're just going for a weekend or a week.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Mrs.Ex saw this thread and said I should post about my favourite cooking appliance, it is her :giggle: :roflmto: :giggle:
Something about the "thumb" comes to mind? .................She told you what to put or else? Oh bless!

Be a man...own up! We are all under the Thumb! ...................fingers feet slab of concrete! You name it!

kev

Jun 26, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1972
Fitted 3 ring gas job.
Paella burner only for external use
15inch by 30 inch reversible griddle
Large fry pan with tight fitting glass lid.

Does us winter and summer.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Factory fitted slide out large Gas hot plate, heats evenly cleans easily

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Three items only, frying pan, remoska and slow cooker. Nothing else needed

all the above but also microwave in van and recently purchased a double skillet in case no eh available but haven’t yet used it!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
In order of preference-
On hook-up:-
Remoska.
Slow Cooker.

Off grid:-
Gas Hob, Ridge Monkey
Gas oven.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
My favourite cooking apparatus is my pimped up Weber Jumbo Joe, the Swiss Army Knife of portable BBQ‘S. Not to be mistaken for its smaller and pretty ineffective brother the Smokey Joe.

With the addition of a temperature gauge, stainless steel ring with electric rotisserie and one or two other toys this 18” BBQ becomes a 2 tier grill, oven and steamer and can pretty much cook anything. The only downside is Weber have now discontinued it which is crazy for such a versatile piece of kit.

if you have one and want to improve it take a look at weberjumbojoe.com

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Just don’t forget the weight issue - this keeps my collection of cooking apparatus fully under control! 1 item in, 1 item out😢

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
Outside of the obvious, the most used gadget in our kitchen is an egg cooker. It’s the gadget you don’t expect to be useful but turns out to be brilliant.

Wildcampers

Free Member
May 19, 2020
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Gatcombe
Exp
Since 2010
The good old George Foreman grill (0n hook up)
Gelert folding charcoal BBQ (doubles as a nice small fire pit after cooking is done and the wine comes out)
16cm Zebra pots used on Gelert for stews etc.
Sectional aluminium Tripod (Takedown)
Need to get a small Microwave (y)

LilacSea

Free Member
Jan 10, 2020
Powys
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 70Q
Exp
Used to have a Grand Remoska in our first caravan great cooking for four or more, now have the usual sized one which we prefer as the cooking area is sooo small.
Sometimes use a single stand alone induction hob with the remoska next to it.
Off hook up gas hob& pressure cooker, no oven fitted in our current van but we never seem to use them much for the two of us.

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
We have 4 rings on top, 3 gas and 1 ehu, plus a grill and oven. Imho the oven and grill are pretty crap. The gas rings fine. If sunny then a cadac 2 pro is superb as we use a wok for most our Cooking and this enables us to be outside plus reduce van smells. I'd be interested in the slow cooker options if can be left all day and don't eat up too much electricity.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Put my slow cooker on first thing and leave on all day. Excellent and so easy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back