What is your favourite cooking appliance? | Page 3 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

What is your favourite cooking appliance?

Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I’d have to say, I loved it as a bbq, but as has been said it’s a pig to clean - hence relegated now, very economical for coals, but replaced now with gas. Time will tell as to whether it’s better. Oh and I never cleaned it, that was hubby job! But it no longer has any Teflon on it.

Sep 21, 2007
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Another little gadget i like is our Kelly kettle. I bought it for fishing years ago. I no longer fish but it has it's place in our van's garage. (y)

Sep 21, 2007
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Doddle to clean the cobb. Wipe out with paper towel, then I use some cheap oven cleaner and let it soak for an hour or so. wipe out clean and finish with soapy water. Ours still look like new using this method. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
We have a Remoska, an electric steamer and a slow cooker as well as pots pans and kettles. What is your favourite cooking tool? We are looking to make life easier for me as I cook and look after Sue in her wheel chair..
My favorite restaurants !! I don't cook in the "Charisma", eat out .My Wife was a gourmet cook ,so spoiled really.!! Do carry an emergency meal of Spag'Bol' though,just one pan to use .Oven & grill still pristine .

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Doddle to clean the cobb. Wipe out with paper towel, then I use some cheap oven cleaner and let it soak for an hour or so. wipe out clean and finish with soapy water. Ours still look like new using this method. (y)
I must admit I try to mop up as much as possible with paper towels but then resort to jiffy and a scooter, notjonbthe non stick plates though and then rinse etc. I'll try the soaking with cheap oven cleaner cause wiping that out also reduces water usage doesn't it. What kind of oven cleaner do you use?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Johns Cross