Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
20170622_072520.jpg Does anyone know what this is for? It's located on the wall of the wardrobe.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It may be useful as a roof-light tool but it is simply a shoe horn - one end to ease the heel in and the other to pull up on the heel-loop of a pair of boots or walking shoes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It may be useful as a roof-light tool but it is simply a shoe horn - one end to ease the heel in and the other to pull up on the heel-loop of a pair of boots or walking shoes.
... nice I suppose for some but it does make me wonder who thought it was a necessity in a camper especially as it won't have been cheap ... and charged for within the price the customer paid!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you read Hymer's instuctions it is for closing the rooflights, if we open the one in the loo fully, impossible to close it without unless you are 7' tall.:)

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Reminds me of the hitch-hiker who asked the owner of the posh motorhome who picked him up what the coloured pointy plastic pegs were in the centre console. "They're for putting your balls on before you drive off".
"My goodness", exclaimed the hitch-hiker, "Hymer certainly think of everything".

Ta-daaaa!

(Bobble hat, Regatta anorak, pink Crocs, loo roll...............and exits across neighbour's pitch......)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
(Bobble hat, Regatta anorak, pink Crocs, loo roll...............and exits across neighbour's pitch......)
So YOU are the ruddy phantom campsite flasher!!! :D

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
@Minxy Girl
Not many notice.

One morning I inadvertently flashed at two elderly ladies whilst I was hurrying to the showers.
One had a stroke, but the other couldn't reach. :whistle:

Apologies, Mods. I'll delete if unacceptable, but couldn't resist being a bit cheeky.

(Bobble hat, Superman Onesie, fluffy slippers, loofer...............and exits across neighbour's pitch......)

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
@Minxy Girl
Not many notice.

One morning I inadvertently flashed at two elderly ladies whilst I was hurrying to the showers.
One had a stroke, but the other couldn't reach. :whistle:

Apologies, Mods. I'll delete if unacceptable, but couldn't resist being a bit cheeky.

(Bobble hat, Superman Onesie, fluffy slippers, loofer...............and exits across neighbour's pitch......)
They were probably the two I overheard later talking about you, one asked "did you come on the bus?" And the other replied " no, I was having an asthma attack" ta daaaaa (y):LOL:

It woz Spriddler that started it, honest...........

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I knew some smart-ass would notice that;)
Go on then your handy with the tools, knock one up(y):D
Nah, you'd never learn if I did that ... :D

... you could try the below to fix it ...

or ...

71PHKBVUOYL._SL1100_.jpg

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I'm not happy now :cry: you both have the posh version with a wall bracket ... mine just lays around anywhere!

Brian, have a look in your cupboards, or some other inconvenient place, the bracket will be there somewhere. Our bracket is in the wardrobe, but we keep the shoehorn in the had door pocket for easy use.

Thankyou Peter, I've just been out to the moho and searched in the wardrobe ... lo and behold, completely hidden and in the darkest, most unaccessible position it's there.:rolleyes:

I'm now HAPPY:D :party2::party2:I do have a bracket(y)

However, due to its situation, it will stay, as your one does, in the door pocket!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm not happy now :cry: you both have the posh version with a wall bracket ... mine just lays around anywhere!
Think yourself lucky our last van, was an Exsis most peed off didn't even get the shoehorn in that, teach me to by a budget model. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
You're all wrong - it's the headpiece of the legendary Staff of Ra.

You can use it to locate the Well of Souls in your MH, where the Ark of the Covenant will be hidden. The Ark of the Covenant is like a top end of the range leisure battery - you'll never need an electric hook up again. Plus if there's any Nazis nearby it will melt them.

Upvote 0

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
did hymer poach idea from dethleffs, we found one in a 53 plate garage model.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back