Free Member
Dec 20, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Detdhleffs A class
Exp
Absolute newbie
hi, just bought our first motorhome, a 2015 Dethleffs. Slowly working my way through the handbook which is in German! Came across this switch on the dashboard but it is not contained in the handbook. Sorry to be a plonker but what does it do? It looks like a warning regarding overloaded rear axle.
Cheers.
74F9D0CA-BBB9-4D52-8391-B71CF50D1F45.jpeg

Sep 6, 2011
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Con3 XL PVC
Exp
Started 1989
Hi, assuming your van is on a Ducato, your mystery switch is for adjustable rear suspension, to restore ride height when fully laden. The fact you have the switch (and a similar warning lamp amongst the others near the speedo) doesn’t necessarily mean you actually have it fitted. My Hymer Ducato has the same but no adjustable suspension. A case of “fitted for but not with.” Happy Christmas!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I dunnoxroll:, wouldn't touch in case it is an ejector seat like they have in them Aston Martin car:xsurprised:, err dont trust them things I dont understand does Ix:-)

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for asking. I have one of these and wasn't smart enough to ask what it's for so haven't touched it. I fly aeroplanes and don't touch things I'm not sure about ;-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Hi, assuming your van is on a Ducato, your mystery switch is for adjustable rear suspension, to restore ride height when fully laden. The fact you have the switch (and a similar warning lamp amongst the others near the speedo) doesn’t necessarily mean you actually have it fitted. My Hymer Ducato has the same but no adjustable suspension. A case of “fitted for but not with.” Happy Christmas!

@tuppenytours The above is incorrect, the manual clearly states that it is to provide assistance when ascending steep hills loaded and in "Auto".

I'd add to airwave's comments in that I attempted to use it in damp/cold conditions on the Kintyre coast, the already steep road turned 90 degrees left and the gearbox/computer just couldn't deal with it, it changed down and significantly increased revs, we ended up with the front of the van understeering and stepping out at least 4 ft. After that I just went to Manual and selected the gears I wanted whenever we hit anything steep.

Cheers
Red.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back