What is the French word Frankie? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you are the expert Frankie

OK now that you've all been joking about that sentence , could you please tell me what is "passage arrière" supposed to mean? I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to me in french and in english :RollEyes::RollEyes: :roflmto::roflmto:

Thank you for explaining and not translating:Blush:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Us brits do not know either, we were hoping you would tell us. Me I am going for the REMORQUAGE .. at least it is one French word and not a lot of mixed up French words. :Blush:

Bob:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Us brits do not know either, we were hoping you would tell us. Me I am going for the REMORQUAGE .. at least it is one French word and not a lot of mixed up French words. :Blush:

Remorquage is the equivalent of towing so does it mean that your word "passage" is a synonymous of towing? Passage is french has nothing to do with towing. the translation of the sentence " monsieur desolé j'ai une grenouille sur mon passage arrière" is "...sorry sir i have a frog on my back path":Eeek::Eeek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: see? nothing to do with towing!!! hence my question. to tow is remorquer so towing is remorquage. Didn't find a better word up to now:Smile:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Ignore them, Frankie, they are just being naughty!

'Back passage' might translate as 'le cul'!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:well well at least i won't go to sleep tonight as ignorant as yesterday! Thanks for explaining !!

YOU NAUGHTY GANG!!!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Frankie aka brainless frog:RollEyes:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so can I use the word?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:well well at least i won't go to sleep tonight as ignorant as yesterday! Thanks for explaining !!

YOU NAUGHTY GANG!!!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Frankie aka brainless frog:RollEyes:

Will the Brainless frog confirm if the word REMORQUAGE is ok to use as a sign in the window to tell the other driver that I cannot reverse or indicate I am towing a trailer.. as they will not be able to see it from the front of my motor home coming towards them? nothing to do with back ends.

Bob:Eeek:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Will the Brainless frog confirm if the word REMORQUAGE is ok to use as a sign in the window to tell the other driver that I cannot reverse or indicate I am towing a trailer.. as they will not be able to see it from the front of my motor home coming towards them? nothing to do with back ends.

Bob:Eeek:

Yes Bob , as i told you before i don't see any better word

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we saw the word on a french car being towed

Yes Bob , as i told you before i don't see any better word

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

We saw a car b eing towed yesterday Frankie... it had on the back the words En REMORQUAGE so being on the back that would be right.. So just Remorquage on the front should warn that I am towing....

We got there in the end.

Thanks

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
We saw a car b eing towed yesterday Frankie... it had on the back the words En REMORQUAGE so being on the back that would be right.. So just Remorquage on the front should warn that I am towing....

We got there in the end.

Thanks

Yes bob :thumb: that's why i didn't put "en"in front as it means "being"!! glad you're convinced it is the right word::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

frankie:winky::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back