What Is The Best Way To Wind Up RV Owners? (2 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
People that like travelling and staying away will do it in tents or 40ft RVs or somewhere in between.
I don't mock the guy with the tent and I don't have green eyes for the guy who has the ultimate luxury of a 40 ft RV.
I have what I want and can afford :Smile:
Maybe you have the same :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Craig.. I spent ages trying to think what it was about Fiats delivery vans grafted with a caravan on the back.. silly me.. plant of course... made in a Italian plant and look like a lump of plant (machinery)... only joking.. before you eurobox, ice-cream van owners start to cry and get up set.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[HI]Now a Winnebago is built ground up as an RV[/HI]... all RV's are well over spec.. have massive chassis and power to pull them.. never heard of an RV juddering when it goes backwards up hill. I suppose that is the quality.

Bob:Blush:

bending the truth a little here Bob ,

that's only true of A class motorhomes. ... yours is a Winnebagal truck camper... :winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
People that like travelling and staying away will do it in tents or 40ft RVs or somewhere in between.
I don't mock the guy with the tent and I don't have green eyes for the guy who has the ultimate luxury of a 40 ft RV.
[HI]I have what I want and can afford :Smile:
Maybe you have the same[/HI] :thumb:
That sums it up pretty well from an RVs perspective. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
good try shifty

Correct Bob, its not a DM story,but, having said that, Harley Davidson is not all that American, just second generation Jocks and a bod from Cambridgeshire..

Bob, I did say that it was untrue, please read the post again...

Have you considered what your carbon footprint is with all that power hugry vehicle/lifestyle?

Question... When in a few years, you and your good lady are both pensioners with a lot more time on your hands, will you be so keen to 'pop' off in the RV especially when fuel prices are going to increase at an alarming rate, or will you end up, sitting in the RV on your drive, shutters closed, listening to the Beach Boys and drinking Miller lite, whilst hooked up to 230v mains supplied by a French Company?

Ah yes the American Dream has to continue, a vulgar country, full of vulgar people with absolute zero class..
A nation who consumes 21% of the worlds energy :Doh:

"Hey your from Europe right?

Good try shifty.. yes I did see you state it was not true... but I did not see the point of putting the untrue story on in the first place given you knew it was untrue:Blush: so like all good lawyers.. I ignored you remark about it being untrue. But I did see it. But then like most people I ignore what I do not want to read.

As for being a pensioner.. yes we are now.. well SWMBO is.. the government keeps moving the date.. but I have had the bus pass for a while.

remember Shifty I am not a new bee on RV's my first one was purchased 25 years back so I have heard your pleadings many times in the past.. but again I ignore them.. little in the way of insults (except against Ezzie) will raise my heckles... I for one love America, but then I may not like people from Wales or Scotland or for that matter the next town - Tonbridge. But hey they all have a right to be here and spend there money as they wish. It is not an us and them... as said in a couple of weeks all shapes and sizes will be at Peterborough and few will be concerned with these issues. To me it is banter.. no more and no less. I often dig at Buttons, who I might add has always been really first class in the way he has responded.. never taking it personally... he has been know to try many times to wind up RV owners.. often doing a better job than JJ has... poor JJ must be bored at the moment.

Eddie of VanBitz has given I feel a fair and balance reason why a lot of RV owners bought there vehicles .. horses for courses.

So as I would say Shifty.. I rest my case our Honour...

Bob:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Carbon footprint , you are kidding :RollEyes: many RVs in this country including mine run on LPG which is far cheaper and cleaner than petrol or diesel and is why they are allowed in the LEZ without a problem but many oil burners are not.
The soot from diesel engines is a real health hazard , hence the need for the LEZ. But that is not the case across the rest of the country and we all suffer from the soot as well as other emissions from oil burners :Eeek:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am really jealous of RV owners... they all are always so happy with the choice they have made... They know that their camper vans are the best... people who don't share this "certainty" are often dismissed as "being jealous"

I am not that certain about anything anymore...:winky:

JJ :Cool:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
There you go Bob, missing the truth when placed in front of you.

I cant disagree with your opinion of loving the USA, but its not for me...

I have over the years travelled extensively there over the last 30 years, driven from NY to Key West and have dined there at Crabby Dicks (nice food).

I have seen the Amish, I have friends in deepest Tennessee. along with friends who worked at Kennedy Space Centre, good friends from Delaware.

I have travelled down the west coast, SF, LA, San Diego.

Even MrsShiftZZ's brother has spent the best part of 25 years there, enjoying life and the think veneer that is America.

I have never known so many ignorant individuals as the Yanks, their general knowledge (outside the US) can be written in the largest possible font on the smallest postage stamp.

They are by far the most arrogant and Megalomania nation on earth, everything else is second rate.

Their history is littered with failure and that has continued today with the number of poor living within that miserable country, its so far up its own ar$e regarding politics and 'leader of the world' that is sickening beyond belief. And we as an island nation, with a proud history of fair play, integrity and fairness bow and curtsy to some stuck up nation of wannabees,.

Yes, I detest them with all the venom that I can summons. Like all 'super powers' that have gone before them and the evil empire that is the USA, I for one will not shed a tear when they fail, and fail they will.

They have cause so much grief that its beyond contempt.
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Afghanistan
Libya
Laos
Vietnam
&
Ireland

If you want a vision of the USA, I shall give you two.

Link Removed

Link Removed

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
While i do not agree with you...

There you go Bob, missing the truth when placed in front of you.

I cant disagree with your opinion of loving the USA, but its not for me...

I have over the years travelled extensively there over the last 30 years, driven from NY to Key West and have dined there at Crabby Dicks (nice food).

I have seen the Amish, I have friends in deepest Tennessee. along with friends who worked at Kennedy Space Centre, good friends from Delaware.

I have travelled down the west coast, SF, LA, San Diego.

Even MrsShiftZZ's brother has spent the best part of 25 years there, enjoying life and the think veneer that is America.

I have never known so many ignorant individuals as the Yanks, their general knowledge (outside the US) can be written in the largest possible font on the smallest postage stamp.

They are by far the most arrogant and Megalomania nation on earth, everything else is second rate.

Their history is littered with failure and that has continued today with the number of poor living within that miserable country, its so far up its own ar$e regarding politics and 'leader of the world' that is sickening beyond belief. And we as an island nation, with a proud history of fair play, integrity and fairness bow and curtsy to some stuck up nation of wannabees,.

Yes, I detest them with all the venom that I can summons. Like all 'super powers' that have gone before them and the evil empire that is the USA, I for one will not shed a tear when they fail, and fail they will.

They have cause so much grief that its beyond contempt.
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Afghanistan
Libya
Laos
Vietnam
&
Ireland

If you want a vision of the USA, I shall give you two.

Link Removed

Link Removed

While shifty I do not agree with your views, you have the right to express them

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Have you enjoyed your post JJ?

I am really jealous of RV owners... they all are always so happy with the choice they have made... They know that their camper vans are the best... people who don't share this "certainty" are often dismissed as "being jealous"

I am not that certain about anything anymore...:winky:

JJ :Cool:

I just wondered JJ did you enjoy your post and the mischief it caused? Just wondered, did not cause me a lot of issues.. but you have nearly made Shifty burst.....:cry:

Oh well whatever turns you on....

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I love the fact that people think that RV owners have insecurities, yet RV owners don't go round asking Euro owners to justify their purchase.

Fuel costs? it is only the difference that really counts, I personally think that the added space, comfort and equipment is well worth the additional cost.

I have no doubt that Romahome owners snigger at Eurovan owners, in the same way that Eurovan owners snigger at RV owners.

You will no doubt also realise the pity and derision that Euro owners feel towards Romahome owners! That's the feeling for us too:roflmto:

Eddie

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Carbon footprints:
The footprint in manufacturing any vehicle is in direct proportion to it's size and materials used.
Matrials are pretty much standard.

Fuels:
Like petrol or diesel, LPG is made from crude oil, still depleting the planet's resources. It doent occur naturally.
LPG emits less smoke when it burns, but emits more hydrocarbons than liquid fossil fuels.

This thread was started as a bit of a fun wind up, but has turned into:
My van's better than yours,
How good / bad the US is,
I can afford it, can you?

Some RV owners seem to be thinking they need to defend their vehicle choice. Of course not... no one does!
This isnt what this is about.
IT'S A BIT OF FUN!!!
No different to a question like " how do you wind up a Cadac owner?"

Eddie: Havent seen anyone "snigger" at anyone else due to vehicle choice.
Each to his own.

Lighten up folks.

How do you wind up a Cadac owner by the way?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Carbon footprints:
The footprint in manufacturing any vehicle is in direct proportion to it's size and materials used.

Fuels:
Like petrol or diesel, LPG is made from crude oil, still depleting the planet's resources. It doent occur naturally.
LPG emits less smoke when it burns, but emits more hydrocarbons than liquid fossil fuels.

Some RV owners seem to be thinking they need to defend their vehicle choice. Of course not... no one does!
IT'S A BIT OF FUN!!!

Each to his own.

Lighten up folks.

Turn his gas off ... cut the pipe.......put a bag of charcoal on and set it alight:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...whoops I have cadac.....chucked it in the Bl**DY garage, dam thing it is, more heat out of a candle:Doh::Doh:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Carbon footprints:

Fuels:

IT'S A BIT OF FUN!!!

Each to his own.

Lighten up folks.

This is not lighten up John, this is just an attempt to inform the misinformed. You may have noticed that the stones are generally thrown in one direction by "white van man with windows" , I too could have a euro van but chose not to, my choice, as when I holiday is for 4/5*, it costs a bit more but that is my choice, I would not settle for 2*.
The problem is that the green eyes appear and then see any defence of our choice as "unfun"
I am sure that if your choice of pride and joy became the target you also would defend it :thumb:
So lighten up folks :ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
You cannot wind up a Cadac Safari owner because:-

They already know how good they are!

As long s you remember it is not a barbaque - (well the small mini safari one is not)

BUT

it is a griddle, flatplate pancake maker, one burner hob, wok, oven

Oh the other half says do not forget it was the only piece of kit that got me to cook the dinner on for the 6 weeks around france each night last year. She says it was worth its weight in gold for that fact alone!!!!!!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Back to reality!
Mine's brill.

Must be the only one.....Don't you cook with it ....is it a show piece...or is it only used for bacon, eggs,sausages and b/beans:Doh:.....where only a very little heat is required....:winky::ROFLMAO:

I paid 96 euros over here in France when they first came on the market......it is one of the worst investment I have ever made:Doh:

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
This is not lighten up John, this is just an attempt to inform the misinformed. You may have noticed that the stones are generally thrown in one direction by "white van man with windows" , I too could have a euro van but chose not to, my choice, as when I holiday is for 4/5*, it costs a bit more but that is my choice, I would not settle for 2*.
The problem is that the green eyes appear and then see any defence of our choice as "unfun"
I am sure that if your choice of pride and joy became the target you also would defend it :thumb:

Spoilsport that's what makes a forum interesting, if we all owned the same van, camper RV whatever how fecking boring would that be! Now peeps who join the C.C.Club & Caravan club...sad....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
[HI]The problem is that the green eyes appear and then see any defence of our choice as "unfun"[/HI]
Sorry Larry I totally disagree... green eyes don't come near to it. I also love 4/5* hotels and business class air travel, I would truly love to aspire to 1st class air travel but not just yet, However, when I am camping, the last thing on my wish list is a 55” sat TV a bidet or indeed your silver service cutlery, we don’t need a dishwasher. We go camping to get away from all these trappings. My favourite pastime is chatting to fellow campers at the site sinks. In my opinion slide out walls are just something else to bump your head on. No green eyes just personal choice.:thumb: Personally I wouldn't have an RV as a gift.:winky:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Sorry Larry I totally disagree... green eyes don't come near to it. I also love 4/5* hotels and business class air travel, I would truly love to aspire to 1st class air travel but not just yet, However, when I am camping, the last thing on my wish list is a 55” sat TV a bidet or indeed your silver service cutlery, we don’t need a dishwasher. We go camping to get away from all these trappings. My favourite pastime is chatting to fellow campers at the site sinks. In my opinion slide out walls are just something else to bump your head on. No green eyes just personal choice.:thumb: [HI]Personally I wouldn't have an RV as a gift.:winky:[/HI]

i would love some one to give me one as a gift then i could sell it and buy 3 like yours Buttons:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
two sad people.. ABA and BUTTONS... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Bob i'm only sad cos i have no job :Blush:
and should have said sell it to buy 3 like buttons's to sell on and make a huge loss:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back