What Is The Best Way To Wind Up RV Owners? (1 Viewer)

simon555

Free Member
Dec 19, 2011
Burton Upon Trent
Funster No
MH
Class C RV
Exp
Since 03/2011
No worries Larry :thumb:

Are you lucky enough to have the V10 Triton engine?

If so which Lpg set up do you have?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can never run light Jim, 6.5 tons all of the time, but in Spain this year , averaged 10mpg on lpg @ €.74 / .64p litre.

We did 2000 miles in our 10t RV; heavy but with a light foot and we managed to average 9.9mpg in an 8.1L Vortec (Petrol)

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I think that proves you cannot wind up an RV owner. All they ever think about is fuel consumption.:RollEyes:

Anything else just passes them by:roflmto:

Pete:Cool:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No worries Larry :thumb:

Are you lucky enough to have the V10 Triton engine?

If so which Lpg set up do you have?

Hiya Simon, yes it is the Triton, smooth as a baby's bum, with an Italian Zavoli gas conversion, works well although with two 100lt, Net 80lt = 160lt total capacity am thinking of having a further tank fitted to increase range.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ask them why they haven't room to fit a rooftop solar panel :roflmto:

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh , you got me there Graham, I only have two 120w solar panels on mine ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
and mine is tiny!!!!! oh the RV is 23'9"

If you are talking about mine it is 23'9" long other wise mine is tiny according to some:Sad:

Mine also has the V10 triton 6.8 ltr petrol .. and yes I get 14 mpg... over the mountains it drops to about 10 mpg when the box is changing up and down.. 5 speed auto ..as Larry says smooth as a babes bum.

But going back to JJ and the others trying to get a bite.. RV owners do not have to prove anything. I honestly think it is those that own europeans that have this hang up about not stacking up to the RV's :Doh:

If we could not afford to own them, then we would not. we do not keep harping on about how many miles to the gallon they do.. we do not have to exaggerate like Buttons about getting 99 miles to the gallon.. or make excuses ... if life is worth living then living in or travelling in an RV is the way it is about. As the words on the side of my RV says... .... if we had to explain you would never understand...... it is an American thing.

But good try JJ... but no one took the bait.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
RV in the rear view

Don't even need to speak to them, where I go none could follow, and I could last a week without refueling the breakfast grub n water. Plus no need for someone to baby sit the home from home in a foreign supermarche car park....you all know that's the truth...ouch! :Cool:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
" As the words on the side of my RV says... .... if we had to explain you would never understand...... it is an American thing"
Pinched from Harley Davidson:Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I suppose its not a bad design by a funeral director named John K. Hanson..

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
There are lots of unexplainable things which come out of America. I'm struggling to think of an attractive one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And here's me trying to think of something that comes out of the Sevel plant in Italy that's attractive. Snap!

Craig

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
RV s for those that appreciate 5* comfort and total reliability are one ::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The same formulae as Fiat powered motorhome drivers get 30 mpg ::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have to agree with that I keep seeing "I get 30 mpg" from a Fiat.
Well I don't no matter how I drive mine the best it does is 24/25mpg
I recently saw someone quote over 30mpg on a merc M/home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: must be pushing it or constantly knocking it out of gear.

:hardhat::hardhat::hardhat:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
When I see a huge dinosaur with a matching smart car and number plates, just two words come to mind.:secret::winky:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
What is the best way to wind up RV owners? :Smile:

JJ :Cool:

Link Removed

A-petrol-pump-001.jpg

DSC_00013.jpg

No-RV-Parking-Sign-K-8869.gif

Broken Link Removed

A blonde goes to a restaurant, buys a coffee and sits down to drink it. She looks on the side of her cup and finds a peel off prize label. She pulls off the tab and yells, "I WON! I WON! I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"

The waitress runs over and says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize given away was a mini van!"

The blonde replies, "No. I WON A motor home, I WON a motor home!"

By this time the manager makes his way over to the table and says, "You couldn't possibly have won a motor home because we didn't have that as a prize!"

Again the blonde says, "No, no mistake, I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"

The blonde hands the prize ticket to the manager and he reads, "WIN A BAGEL."

This year’s runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, hav ing driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver’s seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner’s manual that she couldn’t actually leave the driver’s seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

V
V
V
I know its not true, but still funny...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Like the Apple computer, maybe? Or Microsoft if you're that way inclined?

Craig
No. Coming from an IT background I can explain them. Besides, all the real groundwork was done in Britain so it ain't "an American thing" :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
One thing is for sure. A fortnight today there will be over 100 Funsters together at Peterborough with everything from the smallest motorhomes, through caravans to the biggest RVs.

There will be plenty of wind-ups and plenty of laughs but, in the end, it won't matter one jot what anyone sleeps in - and long may it continue :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back