Rally Chat What is ok at a rally or meet (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks, Jim. We only play when asked to but, when we've paid for our tickets the same as everyone else, the last thing we want is grief.
Funny, I got someone jabbing me in the chest and demanding entertainment on Saturday night - can't win!
I think it's awful that people complain. After all, you're doing something for others, giving pleasure to many. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they don't HAVE to stay and listen! I thought you guys were fab last night and would love to come and listen again at other meets. Silkcut is right, you'll never please everyone and some people think it's ok to be rude, but just ignore them and listen to the ones who love you! (y)

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
I too hope that this is not true Jim.
If you do not like whatever it is, do not attend. . Barrie and Janine are two of the nicest people we have ever met and there(FREE) hospitality is second to none. They also do everything they do for a very good charity cause. Janine you have shown to many funsters what a wonderful person you are and I hope you will shake this off like you have done with things in the past.
Keep up the Uke Faith
Ian and Shirls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Sorry for jumping in with slight diversion.
Peterborough will be our first rally with Doggy the MH, and of course with the FUN. Please treat us Gently.
Although it has been interesting to read this thread, any practical (Water, showers, toilets etc) advice and what to expect?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks, Jim. We only play when asked to but, when we've paid for our tickets the same as everyone else, the last thing we want is grief.
Funny, I got someone jabbing me in the chest and demanding entertainment on Saturday night - can't win!

I hope you both know what you mean to me, and the new love you have introduced me to.....You would be embarrassed to know how many of my uke related sentences include the words 'The Legends That Are Janine and Barrie' - believe me - they are many! You've unleashed a locked tongue (albeit with a woefully bad voice) and I for one will always be grateful to you both. I sing - I play - I'm fluent - I'm happy -nuff said - bring on Malvern!! xx

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Janine & Barrie We have always enjoyed listening to you playing at the Fun rallies:):) So please don't stop playing!! If folks don't like it they can stay in their MH and put their earplugs in!!!! xx

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I too hope that this is not true Jim.
If you do not like whatever it is, do not attend. . Barrie and Janine are two of the nicest people we have ever met and there(FREE) hospitality is second to none. They also do everything they do for a very good charity cause. Janine you have shown to many funsters what a wonderful person you are and I hope you will shake this off like you have done with things in the past.
Keep up the Uke Faith
Ian and Shirls
spot on(y)

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Please don't stop. We too have loved listening to you and I know that you have inspired so many others. Like previously said ...that is meant to be what fun meets are all about. You have the choice of what you join in with and what you don't. I cannot understand why people would want you to stop. If they don't want to listen then that is their choice but I am sure lots of others will continue to appreciate and enjoy your talent.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
think of the upside...youd have more time with Barrie..and Barrie will have more time to sample beers....

Actually...havin just read back what I typed....im not sure its an upside!!!!!!

Best grab your uke....

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We don't get to many rallies due to distance and work commitments but everyone we have attended we have always been made welcome, the only thing to watch out for is the throwing the keys in a bowl game I didn't quite understand it but did enjoy my night spent with Old Mo after picking his keys up

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
PS @JJ @Reallyretired and @Trikeman: Barrie & I won't be playing at any future meets. Enough's enough, we think.

Janine and Barry, hope you reconsider. There are far more members who really appreciate your music than those who are not keen.
Now really wish I had stayed last night and given the new guitar a workout.
The name of the club is FUN.(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Please don't stop. We too have loved listening to you and I know that you have inspired so many others. Like previously said ...that is meant to be what fun meets are all about. You have the choice of what you join in with and what you don't. I cannot understand why people would want you to stop. If they don't want to listen then that is their choice but I am sure lots of others will continue to appreciate and enjoy your talent.
Couldn't have said it better - Fun is -watching what you want to watch, be it Corrie or the lesser spotted birdy thing, reading War and Peace, or The Daily Mail, Eating Vegan or McDonalds, karaoke or Wagner, Uke or .......... No there is no alternative to the uke unless its the Fun Band complete with the Rexettes! Each to his own - and as ringo said -Peace And Love - Peace and Love - Oh ..... And ......the Uke Rules OK!!!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for all the kind words :)

It's time to hand the baton over now to the many musically talented Funsters. We've had some great times entertaining you over the last 4 years but our priorities have changed recently and don't need the hassle.

There will always be both lovely Funsters and grumpy Funsters - I know which ones we'll be hanging out with in the future :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Has someone actually told you to stop playing ?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

It's time to hand the baton over now to the many musically talented Funsters. We've had some great times entertaining you over the last 4 years but our priorities have changed recently and don't need the hassle.

There will always be both lovely Funsters and grumpy Funsters - I know which ones we'll be hanging out with in the future :)

Hope it's us! (y) Promise not to make your ears bleed with my atrocious strumming patterns!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

I can not believe how rude some people are, so many of us have been entertained freely and willingly by Janine and Barry at many Funster rallies and words that can be written so flipentley can cause hurt and upset to people who are giving of there own free time to entertain us. I sincerely hope Janine and Barrie change their minds because a lot of us enjoy their music and entertainment and from me it's a big thank you for the sing alongs and if you don't play any rallies then then I and many more will be listening to you jamming by our vans.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh Lordy,
on our upcoming rally thread (the Funsters Bristol Balloon Fiesta) there is already talk of shotguns, knickerless ladies, generators, debauchery, ukuleles, didgeridoos, ropes, gaffer tape, crawling across the Clifton bridge at night, and wait for it,,,,,,,, even someone bringing 'golf clubs'...........
:Eeek:

Now this could be some rally - someone even said they wanted to see the balloons.:laughing:

Trikeman. :doh:
Balloons? What there's balloons as well? How the hell are we going to fit time in to watch those, there's only so many hours in a day you know.:party:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can not believe how rude some people are, so many of us have been entertained freely and willingly by Janine and Barry at many Funster rallies and words that can be written so flipentley can cause hurt and upset to people who are giving of there own free time to entertain us. I sincerely hope Janine and Barrie change their minds because a lot of us enjoy their music and entertainment and from me it's a big thank you for the sing alongs and if you don't play any rallies then then I and many more will be listening to you jamming by our vans.

Ditto xx

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I am relatively new to MHF rallies having only attended about half a dozen ,but they were all different ! The one constant thing for me has been the fantastic FREE entertainment provided for me by the musicians particularly Janine and Barry but also many others. Judging by the numbers that attend their gigs they are very much appreciated by many more people as well. So Janine please dont stop playing i cant tell you how much you will be missed. To answer the thread question in my opinion there is always a choice and whatever you choose to do at a rally your wishes are respected no pressure was ever put on me to join in activities I didn't want to. Likewise if I did want to join in I have always been made welcome. If music is not your thing I feel sure there will be other options that will suit you and are therefore OK !!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
There are Funsters who like to party and Funsters who don't - each to their own. No-one will come looking for you and force you to mingle :)

PS @JJ @Reallyretired and @Trikeman: Barrie & I won't be playing at any future meets. Enough's enough, we think.
That will be a real shame Janine I hope you and Barrie reconsider, I really enjoyed meeting and playing with you both.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yet again, my name has been quoted above - I don't know Janine (and Barry) never heard them, never said anything to the contrary to the requests above for them to keep playing etc etc etc.
I have no idea (other than mentioning one of the Funsters saying they are bringing a Ukallle to Bristol rally) how I keep getting mentioned as I have been (along with two others) criticising this band of uke players.
Other than the above I mentioned still not got a clue where this has come from - anyone enlighten me or was there a mistake in Janine quoting me in her original first reply in this thread?

Regards,

Trikeman.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry for jumping in with slight diversion.
Peterborough will be our first rally with Doggy the MH, and of course with the FUN. Please treat us Gently.
Although it has been interesting to read this thread, any practical (Water, showers, toilets etc) advice and what to expect?
Warners advise bringing an initial supply of water with you, purely because with so many people turning up at the same time the pressure can drop. There are plenty of fresh water taps around though they may not be close enough to use a hose so you will probably need a container. Some people use watering cans. We have a 25 litre plastic jerry can and submersible pump which we can plug in to a 12v socket.
There are also nearby cassette dump points and (despite Warners literature) at least one grey waste dump point near the Fun area.
There are plenty of toilets and showers dotted about though we prefer to use our own.

The biggest dilemma is whether to have brown sauce or ketchup on your bacon bun on Sunday :D

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
The Norfolk rally will be our first ever event, we generally do our own thing, and I admit I am a boring ole fart, but if we don't try one, we will never know if they (rallies) suit us, please feel free to kick us out if required.!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Yet again, my name has been quoted above - I don't know Janine (and Barry) never heard them, never said anything to the contrary to the requests above for them to keep playing etc etc etc.
I have no idea (other than mentioning one of the Funsters saying they are bringing a Ukallle to Bristol rally) how I keep getting mentioned as I have been (along with two others) criticising this band of uke players.
Other than the above I mentioned still not got a clue where this has come from - anyone enlighten me or was there a mistake in Janine quoting me in her original first reply in this thread?

Regards,

Trikeman.

Sorry Trikeman, you mentioned ukes and I was just saying that we wouldn't be playing at any more Funster meets. Geraldine will be entertaining you at Bristol - and she is FABULOUS :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I

Regards,

Trikeman.
I shouldn't worry about it. I think the above post clears you of all uke disliking :rofl:

We've never even been at a rally where janine and Barry have played. But there are loads of funsters who've got into strumming away after a few bevvies. Shaking tambourines , banging tables , singing along . We've been to some. As I said we don't mind half hour or so , then if it's going on ...... We slope off to the pub or back to the van.

No one replied to my post
" has someone actually told you to stop playing? "
at a rally the majority rule. Surely.

Who'd have thought Brian and Jo' s original post , What's ok at a rally? Would have turned into wether janine and Barry should stop playing at rallies . Where did that come from.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Who'd have thought Brian and Jo' s original post , What's ok at a rally? Would have turned into wether janine and Barry should stop playing at rallies . Where did that come from.

I'm so sorry for hijacking Brian and Jo's thread :(

We're not One Direction (more like No Direction!) - just a couple of oldies hanging up our ukes and settling back to enjoy watching our proteges shine :)

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

WOW Janine what have I started:eek: im sorry about this, but my thread was just to ask what people did at rallies not knowing it would open up a can of worms for you both:( being a (very bad:LOL:)guitarist myself it sounds like you and Barrie are spot on and that you have done masses to entertain the members so I hope my thread has,nt ignited something that was,nt there before.
best regards Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

We're not One Direction (more like No Direction!) - just a couple of oldies hanging up our ukes and settling back to enjoy watching our proteges shine :)
ive quite enjoyed being hi-jacked actually:LOL:
Brian & Jo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

What? Before we've seen you dressed up like Clarice? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back