What is "Living the Dream" to you? (2 Viewers)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
May be I should have said, living the dream,is to value what you have,yes it's lovely to be able to afford the dream!! Many cannot but just take a minute to look around you ,and think if you lost what you have,would you still want to live the dream.
Just great full for what I had!!!,but life goes on ! I am making new memories,.
There comes a time when you have to grab life by the throat and shake every last drop out of it it's there to be enjoyed not to find fault with.
I don,t have much time for negativity !! I am not insulting anybody just stating a fact.
image.jpg

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Bill, unfortunately I don't know you and never met you but that is one brave and moving storey, I wish you well and hope the sun continues to shine on you, you deserve it. (n)
Chris

Sorry Bill that should have been a thumbs up - not a thumbs down

Dam phone !

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
11 years ago I got fed up with travelling into Birmingham from Telford every day and working for someone else's benefit so I decided to start my own business. My dream was to work a few days a week and live the life of Riley the rest of the time with plenty of trips away in our motorhome. I still dream of working 40 (or less:confused::ROFLMAO:) hours a week, living the life of Riley and going away in the motorhome frequently:LOL::LOL:. Maybe one day..................

Would not voluntarily go bac kto working for someone else though:D
D.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Think this is very true,so living the dream can be just enjoying each day,the person you share each day with and being grateful for what you have.View attachment 88501
The Dalai Lama [or more accurately his "heavies"] threw me out of a lift in a Sydney hotel so his 'holiness' could have exclusive use :eek:.
Very 'zen' :LOL:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
My "living the dream" moments have been times when I have felt totally in tune with nature and free from stress and worry. Moments of perfect peace and contentment. Once chatted to an American who was staying in a cottage on Skye, he went there every summer for three weeks and collected his own lobsters from the pot. My living the dream would never involve crowds of people or spending bucket loads of money. Would be happy to stay home growing the veg, keeping the chickens, did that for a couple of years till husband retired too. Self sufficiency and growing peas isn't exactly his idea of contentment and he doesn't get fishing or foraging really either. Motorhoming to date has been pretty damn good too .... Though Jims OP spells out my worst nightmare. Just another thought, it wouldn't rain so much in my ideal world!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The Dalai Lama [or more accurately his "heavies"] threw me out of a lift in a Sydney hotel so his 'holiness' could have exclusive use :eek:.
Very 'zen' :LOL:.

Levitation is obviously not one of his strong points then. If he ever gets stuck in a lift that'll be karma.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If I lived the dream I had last night, I would probably be arrested or beaten up by Mariella Frosthrup and Joanna Lumley's husbands...

JJ :cool:

I saw this ! And I think you are now going to DREAM those pics I show you yesterday!Not sending them !!:sneaky:

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
My dream is for an extended trip in our Motorhome exploring Europe with my better half, but life is tough and people need us, we have been carers for 6 years to my parents, lost my Mom a few months ago but sill have my Dad, still have to work as our house sale just fell through, and when we do have respite care, have to visit our daughter with her 3 babies in Cyprus, so I set aside 1 day a week that is just for us, we go in our Motorhome if only locally , that way we are there for the people that need us, but still live our dream a little, and the morning we are lucky enough to wake up in the van we imagine we are in one of the places we are so desperate to visit, and on the other 6 mornings we are just grateful we still have the people that depend on us.

Lynne

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
My dream is for an extended trip in our Motorhome exploring Europe with my better half, but life is tough and people need us, we have been carers for 6 years to my parents, lost my Mom a few months ago but sill have my Dad, still have to work as our house sale just fell through, and when we do have respite care, have to visit our daughter with her 3 babies in Cyprus, so I set aside 1 day a week that is just for us, we go in our Motorhome if only locally , that way we are there for the people that need us, but still live our dream a little, and the morning we are lucky enough to wake up in the van we imagine we are in one of the places we are so desperate to visit, and on the other 6 mornings we are just grateful we still have the people that depend on us.

Lynne
We've been there Lynne. Feel for you. You've worked out a great way of keeping the dream going. Mags

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
i have been living my dream but it is coming to an end,i love riding motocross bikes, have never found anything that gives me a frill like it.My hands after years of hard graft on building sites etc are giving up so i can't race anymore so my dreams are changing at first it was a nice villa in Moraira (costa blanca )but now i am shifting to the idea of a nice mh and me and the mrs taking it easy for a few months a year cruising round europe seeing the things we have been in to much of a rush to see before or were to distracted by the kids to enjoy properly.
In April we are off to florida for my idea of hell doing the parks probably the last holiday together with them as kids as they will be 14 and 16 in feb with my eldest two being 22 and 24 and already out of the house and making there own way in life.
The idea of waking up in the morning in the sunshine taking a walk along the beach front before stopping for breakfast,then returning to the mh to get sorted for a day out strolling round a little village having lunch and a couple of glasses of vino before returning for a late afternoon siesta.Then in the evening having a bbq and some more vino or maybe a trip out to a local bar and chatting to other mh'ers or the locals is very appealing

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I could have said wet behind the ear,s will have to give yodeli a pearl neckles ,but I think he has dug a large grave, may his soul rest in peace!! Lol

I wish I had a sense of humour!!! Can,t stop laughing.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
If you are living the dream does that mean you have no more dreams to fulfill? It was our dream to move to Cornwall when we retired, and we achieved that 4 years ago. We thought we would be able to spend the rest of our lives travelling through Europe in our motorhome and only return home between May and October. That dream didn't work out for a lot of good reasons, but on the plus side, it has meant we have spent lots of time with family and friends, down here and back in Yorkshire, that we would have missed had we been away as often as we had planned.
Our next dream, now, is to eventually spend a lot more time abroad in warmer climes in Winter, but we won't achieve that for another couple of years. Meantime, we get away in the van at every opportunity throughout the year, and smile all the way.

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Giving up work for good and touring Europe for about a year in the van I think.

Only about 40 years to go:D
Thats the dream...the reality is when you are finally forty years down the line...wait for it...there are GRANDKIDS to pick up, babysit and so on. Mind you Chris, at your stage in life we borrowed a friends caravan and toured the Highlands. Five of us plus a dog...and enjoyed every moment of it, even a midge plagued night at Ullapool!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thats the dream...the reality is when you are finally forty years down the line...wait for it...there are GRANDKIDS to pick up, babysit and so on. Mind you Chris, at your stage in life we borrowed a friends caravan and toured the Highlands. Five of us plus a dog...and enjoyed every moment of it, even a midge plagued night at Ullapool!
I will be well and truly dead in 40 years time.

That is why my post was so sad ( to me)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back