What is artisan bread and pastry.... (2 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What makes me giggle is the term 'hand raised pork pies' ... do they nurture them from being itsy-bitsy baby ones until they're fully grown? :D

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I often pass Fred and Gingers cafe in Kings Langley high street. Kings Langley is nice but I always thought that Fred and Gingers was a cafe. Apparently not, just looking at the web site I would think that this is the place that I could get an artisan sandwich. The reason I was looking was my lovely lady who suggested having breakfast there on Sunday.
See what they come up with for an egg and bacon sandwich.;):)
http://fredandgingercoffee.co.uk/

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
See what they come up with for an egg and bacon sandwich

£3.85 for a bacon egg roll ..:eek:

In Makro they sell an bacon roll for 79p with free coffee (from a vending machine ) ... a big soft bap with the bacon bulging out.. (I counted 4 slices on my roll)

so brecky for two comes to £1.58 ... that's what I call great value for money.. a Jock's treat :LOL:

Granted, I spent over £100 at the till :confused:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
£3.85 for a bacon egg roll ..:eek:

In Makro they sell an bacon roll for 79p with free coffee (from a vending machine ) ... a big soft bap with the bacon bulging out.. (I counted 4 slices on my roll)

so brecky for two comes to £1.58 ... that's what I call great value for money.. a Jock's treat :LOL:

Granted, I spent over £100 at the till :confused:
You cant take it with you jim.:) Could I dare make a recommendation for you. Take yourself to Munchies in Aldeburgh high street and treat yourself to an egg and bacon or sausage Suffolk Bap followed by a slice of toast with their munchies jam. I was their a couple of weeks ago:cool: and as always it was a real treat. We then returned after lunch for a small fish and chips in a bag to eat while sitting on the sea wall fighting the seagulls off lubbly jubbly. No idea how much but worth every penny.......go on spoil yourself;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The latter reminds me of Harry Enfield :D

That one cracks me up every time - those 'I Saw you Coming' sketches are so close to the truth, believe me. To quote another of them "Vintage is old and horrible, retro is new and horrible but made to look old and horrible, but the bottom line is I get the whole lot from a car boot sale and sell it to you for a fortune."

Quite a few aires are signposted as artisanale - does that mean they've been made by hand with fresh traditional recipe tarmac grown locally?

Reactions: GJH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That one cracks me up every time - those 'I Saw you Coming' sketches are so close to the truth, believe me. To quote another of them "Vintage is old and horrible, retro is new and horrible but made to look old and horrible, but the bottom line is I get the whole lot from a car boot sale and sell it to you for a fortune."

not forgetting 'shabby chic' .. .. = a load of old crap or a restoration project gone wrong.. :rolleyes:

Distressed_finish_vintage_dresser.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
not forgetting 'shabby chic' .. .. = a load of old crap or a restoration project gone wrong.. :rolleyes:

Distressed_finish_vintage_dresser.jpg
That reminds me of one of those TV decorating shows of the 1990s. One of the female presenters said something along the lines of "Of course I was the first to dare to have apple green and post box red together X years ago" (X wasn't very many). Jill and I looked at each other and laughed. We had used left over apple green and post box red paint together in part of our first house 20 odd years earlier when that designer was about 5 years old - because we couldn't afford to waste the paint :LOL: It actually worked though :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
not forgetting 'shabby chic' .. .. = a load of old crap or a restoration project gone wrong..

The weird thing about that is they deliberately create wear and tear patterns that wouldn't happen to the item in normal use, ie "Don't forget to sand the edges of the chest of drawers when you close your sock drawer darling".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back