What I learnt this weekend /Today in the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I learnt that I do not always understand what is said in some posts ! :ROFLMAO:

I also learnt that the Post Office credit card makes NO charges for foreign purchases and gives a really excellent exchange rate too !

Did not get it myself, until last week went to get a new Electoblok and the man explained that these silver batteries work a lot better, and up to the minute they are.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have learnt that quite a few roads in. North Devon are also not suitable for large Motorhomes and never drive through. Langton Matravers in Dorset when they have a fete !!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it, this was earlier this year Skip to 4 min into the clip, what you can't hear is the sound of the wing mirror scraping on the damn wall:cry:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I learned today that my friends mclouis glen does not need a shower room as the leak from the skylight is much more effective

Yotanka

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I learned to day how hard its going to be to find our first MH... so much choice, so many, so far!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I learned to day how hard its going to be to find our first MH... so much choice, so many, so far!
Yes us too, the search goes on lol.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Oooh , where was that?

On the road between Dartmouth and Slapton A379 at Stoke Flemming, would have been ok if the knob head in the Golf had reversed opposite the gateway

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
I've learnt a lot by just reading theses posts :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I learnt from someone that the green arrow showing lit in the instrument panel means you have to change gear. I haven't had the chance to check this out yet for sure.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We park our motorhome close to the house and use it as an extension of our home. As such we have been leaving a pipe attatched to the grey water wastepipe and leaving the drain tap open and emptying onto the grass.
We're sleeping in the van at the moment because we have work being done on the house.
Last night while lying in bed, enjoying our bedtime nightcap, we could hear scrapeing noises coming from various parts of the van and seemed to be under the flooring.
It appears mice had scrabbled up the waste pipe and were rummaging around the empty tank and waste pipes. So it was out of bed, disconnecting the outside pipe and then flushing the sinks and shower out with hot water.
We hope that has got rid out the little bu**ers
So, what have we learnt?
Either disconect the pipe once the grey water tank is emptied or cover the end of the pipe with some mesh to stop the bu**ers returning. LOL

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hope you don't mind, perhaps should have asked first but.......I have forwarded your post to BBC Autumn watch, Chris Packham and Michaela Strachen will be taking up residence together with 3 camera crew, sound man and others in the new series about to be screened shortly, it might not be a good idea to mention the boiling water bit.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We park our motorhome close to the house and use it as an extension of our home. As such we have been leaving a pipe attatched to the grey water wastepipe and leaving the drain tap open and emptying onto the grass.
We're sleeping in the van at the moment because we have work being done on the house.
Last night while lying in bed, enjoying our bedtime nightcap, we could hear scrapeing noises coming from various parts of the van and seemed to be under the flooring.
It appears mice had scrabbled up the waste pipe and were rummaging around the empty tank and waste pipes. So it was out of bed, disconnecting the outside pipe and then flushing the sinks and shower out with hot water.
We hope that has got rid out the little bu**ers
So, what have we learnt?
Either disconect the pipe once the grey water tank is emptied or cover the end of the pipe with some mesh to stop the bu**ers returning. LOL

Or get another cat Scatty!:D

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hope you don't mind, perhaps should have asked first but.......I have forwarded your post to BBC Autumn watch, Chris Packham and Michaela Strachen will be taking up residence together with 3 camera crew, sound man and others in the new series about to be screened shortly, it might not be a good idea to mention the boiling water bit.

LOL!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Liked that a lot!:D

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Learned (yesterday actually) that the internal sensors on our alarm can be switched off whilst the door switches are live and also discovered that the door switch on the habitation door was broken. New door switch from a local car spares shop for £1.59 and about 10 or 15 minutes work and it's all fixed (y)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
:mad:I learned today that I would rather be in my motorhome instead of drilling a hole out from both sides of a house to fit a 6 inch extractor fan in a house that's been built with engineering bricks

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
i learnt today that just because a nursing home looks bad on the outside care on the inside can be quite good

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back