What have you seen at NEC that was bad (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We used to make trolley carts out of orange boxes, didn't cost as much as a Lakia. Mind you!We had to pinch someone's pram to get the wheels .

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Going back up to the threads complaining about the shortage of living/kitchen space in new designs.

I have noted the same. A lot of the reason from my observation is the tendency for nearly all builders to change the design from a integrated toilet/shower area to separate ones, needing more floor space.

This floor space has to be taken from somewhere and since wardrobe, cooker and friddge space are not easily dispensed with, it is the living area and kitchen worktop which suffer.

Another 'stealer' of space is an island bed, or twin singles since, compared with the transverse version, the longer dimension is now fore/aft.

Of course both can be accomodated in a longer MH and it does seem that the Island bed versions are normally 0.5m longer.

For both Island bed and separate shower toilet areas to be accomodated with the older dimensions of living area it has to be an increased length of 1m+.

I am quite happy with our integrated shower/toilet - the curtain gives generous space and keeps all other parts dry. When curtain is drawn back there is good space for drying, including being able to rest one's foot on the seat to towel one's legs.

We would like an Island bed and are prepared to go from our 7m Arto, which has an 'L' settee(2m berth) to about 7.5m, but going to 8m+ I could see that to avoid overhang/rear axle weight problems it would have to be a tag-axle or truck chassis.

Then old gits like me have to be worrying about C1 licence medical every 3 years. At the moment with our 7m Arto currently running at 3700kg with full tanks, we could probably squeeze in under 3500kg with a bit of dispensing, e.g 2 volume Shorter Oxford and Times Atlas, and half fuel, spare water etc.

I have been looking for designs that do not require extra length/weight, but hard to find.

If anyone knows of an Island bed layout, with garage and integrated shower and old-style living space please tell.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back