What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (2 Viewers)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well I would not call it fixed but the cylinder head gasket went on the way back from salt fleet gale
So I followed Wildman’s advice and put sum kseel well blow me apart from all the rusty water stains under the bonnet you wouldn’t think it had happened watt the hell is that stuff probably gummed up the work’s but seem to have worked Frome stemming traction engine to purring petrol will give it would never have believed it if I hadn’t seen it my shelf a good run today to try it out on to eBay

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well I would not call it fixed but the cylinder head gasket went on the way back from salt fleet gale
So I followed Wildman’s advice and put sum kseel well blow me apart from all the rusty water stains under the bonnet you wouldn’t think it had happened watt the hell is that stuff probably gummed up the work’s but seem to have worked Frome stemming traction engine to purring petrol would never have believed it if I hadn’t seen it my shelf will give it a good run today to try it out on to eBay
KSeal is a substance that sits inert in your radiator system until it comes into contact with air, it then deposits a ceramic that seals the leak will stop a rad leak, hose leak and even as Bill has just found out a head gasket leak the blurb on the container says its good for the life of the engine and will NOT clog the radiator unlike radseal etc all my vehicles have a can in its an excellent and rapid fix for a tenner. I hope that means we will now see you at the meet Bill, you can always stay a few extra days to make up for any lost time, a number of other funsters are staying on an extra week after the rally proper. I look forward to seeing you there and if Jay is coming might even dig out the football table. 12v Seminar is on Sat and Sunday bring your own meter if you have one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Not fixed yet
One rear tyre :cry:

Big thank you to brianjoandjosh
For getting a new tyre to Malvern for me
If any one can help change a wheel with me I would need some help
As the Spare lives under the rear end :Eeek:

See you all there safe trip every one :thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
KSeal is a substance that sits inert in your radiator system until it comes into contact with air, it then deposits a ceramic that seals the leak will stop a rad leak, hose leak and even as Bill has just found out a head gasket leak the blurb on the container says its good for the life of the engine and will NOT clog the radiator unlike radseal etc all my vehicles have a can in its an excellent and rapid fix for a tenner. I hope that means we will now see you at the meet Bill, you can always stay a few extra days to make up for any lost time, a number of other funsters are staying on an extra week after the rally proper. I look forward to seeing you there and if Jay is coming might even dig out the football table. 12v Seminar is on Sat and Sunday bring your own meter if you have one.
we are hoping to set of friday been and payd deposit on a nother van so thigs a bit tight but hoping to be thare fiday night seting off after lynn been to hospital :thumb:

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
fixing in progress. MOT showed up one rear wheel dragging enough for a fail, and the other three binding a bit [advisory]. So now its up on jacks, and over the next few days I will strip the calipers and get some copper slip on the moving parts. Its a common thing with RVs with disc brakes, and is best done every year really. I only said the last time out that it seemed to be doing a bit less to the gallon. May aswell do the full service while I am at it, as its getting due. Noticed from the MOT aswell, we did 2600mls this last year. Thats around 700lts of fuel. Thank the Lord for biodiesel. Next time out is 600 mile round trip to the great Dorset steam fair at the end of the month, Now officially christened the National Heritage show, and covers 600 acres in all.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Fiamma wind-out wasn't winding back in evenly so had to resort to gaffer tape last time we were away in the van.

The fixes online - including an excellent video on John's Cross website - were for much newer models than ours.

In the end, I cranked it in while Barrie put tension on the 'good' side. It worked!

Happy days :Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
From French trip--

Replace bulb

Fixed sticking fan relay

:Eeek: fixed O ring in Thetford loo box as pee ect ran over top of the box- :Eeek: could not eat for a day:help: - best diet ever

Fixing flapping roof vent now

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Finally decided to fix the removable centre support for the Fiamma awning to the wall of the under bed storage area using stick on Velcro!

Got so fed up of it rattling around, remembered what I did with the umbrella in the wardrobe and thought I would try it!

Wow now a lot fewer rattles!

tinkering

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1972
After haveing a disaster with the fridge last week end had to take it out.broke the burner gas supply pipe, took broken pipe to Thread & Pipe in Bournemouth who on the spot made me a new one , whilst waiting for it to be made went for a cuppa in the cafe next door ( cuppa turned into a full English ) I was then dragged around a few shops!!::bigsmile:

Hopefully put it all back tomorrow

Les

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
bumper fixed

fixed the plastic rear bumper,caught it on a post about 18" high doing a 3 point tun in st hilaire de riez,gaffer tape kept it together till i got home,job for the soldering iron and a slice of drainpipe.:Smile:

Attachments

• rear bumper before.jpg
    rear bumper before.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 865
  • bumper after.jpg
    bumper after.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 867

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I got sick of the "pain in the neck" from watching the TV which was on a bracket to high on the wall of the MH. I have remove it and made a box which it slides up and down into when not in use then covered it in the cushion cover material making the TV not visible when not in use. The whole thing has taken me 4 days to do ( work very slow ) and will post photos here in a few days.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Repaired today

Rear plastic bumper, crunched comprehensively in a tired moment, "repaired" using a plastic bumper repair kit. Needed to make up new support brackets to replace the crap original ones which just fell off! Not pretty, but at least it won't fall off now as it did in Morocco! Thank goodness for gaffer tape!
Locker catch where some ham fisted clown wrenched the locker open without releasing the catch whilst on loan to family for a festival.
Loose tap on kitchen sink. Needed to remove the sink to get at it which dislodged the waste water outlet, which broke the crap sink retaining bolts and the rubber work top/sink seal. Sikaflex seems to be holding - so far!

You don't have a van just to have the fun of touring, it gives you a lifetime of "things to do"!

Now, better fixing for the seat support, swivel seat needs doing, led light over passenger seat.............. All for the " todo" list!

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
The habitation door handle broke at the bottom, the plastic hole in the handle split and the pin had corroded

Drilled out a slightly bigger hole and replaced the pin with a cut section from a Galvanised nail (big one)

All was good ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back