What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (1 Viewer)

Familymarmite

Free Member
Dec 16, 2017
Funster No
Our folding shower door when traveling has a habit of flexing at the joint then wriggling out of the retaining clip.

The banging shower door drives me nuts.

The fix. I have 3D printed a cap to go over the hinge to stop it moving.

No doubt I will now be able to hear something else. (That will be the creaky Remis blind).

IMG_20190731_153832.jpg
IMG_20190731_154323.jpg

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
In the heat of Spain the fridge has packed in so I removed it turned it upside down
And its now working sounds simple it wasent that easy to do
Bill

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Sick of waiting an eternity for waste to drain and having to take apart when it blocks I have finally changed the pathetic waste tap for something better
No wonder it drains slowly, flow through a 23.5mm pipe them gets strangled by a 8mm tap!

After a careful Stanley knife mod to a large bore tap it fits the hanger and now allows drainage at a rate that won’t embarrass when at the service point holding up the others waiting in line.

F769B851-B503-4682-9EFC-9F8733DA4007.jpeg

6136E023-2780-4E8B-A904-DC642D68F709.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hab door lock packed up. Removed it completely to find a broken spring. Very fortunate to have a spare on an old door so swapped it out. Not straightforward, in fact a really fiddly job, took two hours.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In the heat of Spain the fridge has packed in so I removed it turned it upside down
And its now working sounds simple it wasent that easy to do
Bill
Couldn't you just have done a 'loop the loop' instead by doing an 'Evil Kenevil in your MH? It would have saved taking it out. :LOL:

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Under-sink cupboard catch - just made it more proud using a couple of small bits of cardboard.

Put up a small shelf above the door for the stuff you always need and can never find.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Replacement. Put VanX cab air vent covers(Chrome) in the cab, replacing the black on Bailey Advance 640. Some peops say they cause a glare on windscreen, cant say I have found that.
Prima leisure ones were extortianate, Van X £55.
Not a perfect fit, but a bit of time and jiggleing they look ok.
And a cab floor mat taking out the fitted carpet for this time of year, ground starts to get mucky.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Nothing

YET!

I have a few jobs to sort after our 108 days away from home

a few screws need tightening
Roof lining of the over cab hump need putting back in
Cab Aircon is booked
Hand Brake -- need a good engineer not a W********r (need a new garage for service)
need to clean waste tank
Wash ,Wax and valet boked
obviously going to find something else as all this is getting done

Wish me luck

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Fitted a home made fold down toilet step for my petite partner so her legs don't dangle in free air ,?.

Fixed hinge on cat ladder...... What? I hear you say..... See below.
I thought for a minute that the photos was the toilet step! ::bigsmile:

Give us a photo of the step then you tease!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well today I was just supposed to be repacking the camper with all of the stuff we took out when we went to collect the scooters but before doing so I thought I'd do some jobs whilst the bedding was out of the way so I fitted the new water pump to replace the temporary one we had had put in for our hab check after the faulty control panel fried the original pump.

Whilst in the area I also put some guides along the sides and rear of the laundry slot lid (that I made previously) so that when it is slid backwards it can't escape sideways or go too far back out of reach.

Also I relocated one of the over-bed light tracks from the centre of the underside of the upper lockers to the edge near the wall, that way I'm less likely to clobber the ruddy light and knock it off! I also cut down the hook on shelf thing that I use for my standing my morning cuppa on when it bed so that it's easier to get the cup in/out.

Not a lot but getting there!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
A simple fix - at the weekend we realised the fridge couldn’t be locked for travel.
We’ve no idea if it ever worked since our still recent handover.
The part of the locking mechanism on the door looked misplaced.
So the fix was just to reset & reseat,
Simple but rewarding ?

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Fitted an 8KW Chinese Diesel Heater in My Motorhome. I do have a fitted older type Truma Gas Combi Boiler as well but the fan is heavy on 12V , without EHU it drains the battery of a lot of 12V power. Gas heating is a 'wet' heat but the diesel heater is a dry heat so less condensation in the van.
8KW - Blasts the heat out.
I will have a separate 7L diesel plastic tank in the back of the van which can be topped up as and when required. I fit these BTW so if anyone needs any advice just ask.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
too late for you now but the radiator can be taken out downwards

Thanks , I did try downwards but I found it easier to remove lights to reach the hose clips on the radiator and my van has Abs and the pump which is below the raditor getting in the way as well . ...and I've got Aircon so the grill has to come off to reach the retaining bolts for the condenser for that as well ...

Daniel

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Fitted two replacement top rear marker lights, cured the fault light on the dash. Both lights worked but one had water ingress after an argument with a tree, long story but fixed now.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
A simple fix - at the weekend we realised the fridge couldn’t be locked for travel.
We’ve no idea if it ever worked since our still recent handover.
The part of the locking mechanism on the door looked misplaced.
So the fix was just to reset & reseat,
Simple but rewarding ?
Ours is broken, gaffer tape work a treat ?

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
My Van's at Travelworld, on going problems with the habitation door. It locked us in whilst at Spa last week!

Had a call from them today "the lock is broken and we've ordered the parts from Hymer. They are not in stock and it will take 4weeks". Hymer don't stock lock parts for a current model!!!!!!!

Why can you order parts from China off Fleabay and get them in 1 week but it takes Hymer a month. Shite service.

Terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I got round to fitting the new control panel today, easy peasy and now have one that doesn't stay lit up like a Christmas tree all the time!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Couldn’t think of anything that needed to be done to the van after our recent trip away, so I took off the lower fridge vent and hoovered out the dust. Then thought I’d clean the gas burner for the fridge. So I did.
Might wash it over the weekend.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Having had our Truma 4e circuit board replaced at a Truma HQ recently, our 5-year old boiler became iNet compatible.

For under £300 we were able to acquire both an iNet control panel and iNet box off eBay and these are now fitted and working in place of the old analogue dials - big improvement!

Note that both the iNet items came “bare” at that price, so being able to synthesise suitable power and signal cables was essential if anyone else wants to do the same. :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back