What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (2 Viewers)

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!

Well a bit of water from the shower over the years rotted the wood by the door. Using fascia board it is repaired, looks ok and will not rot.(y)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Not exactly fixed, but I am very proud of my garage improvements. I’ve fitted a 12mm ply floor, but raised it up on 8x2 supports, so I can slide my much-loved Lafuma chairs in underneath the bikes, and get them out at a moments notice for a sit in the sunshine (I hardly sat outside at all for our last trip, because getting the chairs out was such a faff). The bikes now fit perfectly on top. I was going to put wheel holders in, but I don’t think they’ll need it. I am going to add tracks for the e bike at least, but I need different bolts. The existing ones are too long, and might snag the chairs.

I’ll post a pic once it stops lashing down with rain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Not exactly fixed, but I am very proud of my garage improvements. I’ve fitted a 12mm ply floor, but raised it up on 8x2 supports, so I can slide my much-loved Lafuma chairs in underneath the bikes, and get them out at a moments notice for a sit in the sunshine (I hardly sat outside at all for our last trip, because getting the chairs out was such a faff). The bikes now fit perfectly on top. I was going to put wheel holders in, but I don’t think they’ll need it. I am going to add tracks for the e bike at least, but I need different bolts. The existing ones are too long, and might snag the chairs.

I’ll post a pic once it stops lashing down with rain!
Great idea!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Fixed the cab aircon eventually, had it re-gassed and it didn't work(n) checked the pump and the clutch wasn't switching in, had a quick look at pipework and one was leaking but why the leak test had passed OK I don't know, removed pipe and unplugging the pressure sensor the plug was full of oil I thought that wasn't right so new one of those as well, re-gas and(y):)

Martin

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Sat where BanHam is stored watching a Kwik Fit fitter at work. Only the front tyres were low, but during the valet from “ex FJ Mike” he noticed cracking on side wall of NSR so that made three, so all four are being done. ??. Couldn’t get MH into any local shop, so they came to me. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine is a brand new Auto-trail v-line, what could possibly need fixing? :giggler:
... kiss of death ... :D

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Hab batteries died whilst out at the weekend so replaced the pair.
One of the old batteries registered 8 Volts....dead, the other was 12.4 Volts...Salvagable? Time to test it.....

Charged it for 24 Hrs, let it rest for 24 Hrs,
Voltage with NO load = 12.97 (looking good so far)

Popped a 12V 55W headlight bulb on as a load (4.58Amps)
Volts now WITH a load = 12.67 (still looking good)
1Hr later Volts = 12.56 (excitement building)
2Hrs later Volts = 8.19 - OK, in the bin with it then!

Hey ho, Probably the original batteries so 9 years old, not a bad innings

Jim

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
1 since going over the water i have brought back in to commission my old solere system

2 fixed a tap on another motor homers van.

3 helped a old frence driver change hi wheel

4 diagnosed a a injector on a old fiat ducato hymer 2.5 td as not working.
managed to get it cleaned out and working for him its a get him home fix back to Brayda

5 fixed the hose that blew of on the water system so we can have a shower now
fixed the usb cige lighter plug in thingy

6 repaired jay scooter as he had a bit of a heavy landing at the skate park in iper

7 Now one of my skylights is leaking and it's bucketing it down with rain not going out to play in that.
bill

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
1 since going over the water i have brought back in to commission my old solere system

2 fixed a tap on another motor homers van.

3 helped a old frence driver change hi wheel

4 diagnosed a a injector on a old fiat ducato hymer 2.5 td as not working.
managed to get it cleaned out and working for him its a get him home fix back to Brayda

5 fixed the hose that blew of on the water system so we can have a shower now
fixed the usb cige lighter plug in thingy

6 repaired jay scooter as he had a bit of a heavy landing at the skate park in iper

7 Now one of my skylights is leaking and it's bucketing it down with rain not going out to play in that.
bill
I have rarely used my van tool kit for myself, but a few times for others (y)

Last week 2 new tyres, spare one was 8 years old and unused so I scrapped it, not worth the risk to me, the other had a big nail through it, so scrapped that as well, as I run at 5.5 bar at the back, no room for any tyre failure & dont trust repairs.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hymer 2017 Dynamic Line, found the grey water pipe sheared at the bend. No scrapes, scuffs or distortion of pipe hangers so I have not bottomed it. Suspicion it’s a torsional stress fracture which has happened over time, the straight section of pipe from the tank to the bend is well supported and rigid, the right angled length is supported by long flimsy pipe hangers allowing movement when vehicle in transit especially so on bumpy roads. Luckily I was able to remove the sheared section from the elbow, trim the pipe end and reseal it into the elbow with solvent cement and bent the pipe hangers to suit. Wrapped the joint with Denso tape which will skin over and stiffen and hopefully give moe strength. Now looking at stiffening the pipe hangers to prevent movement.
C717B607-596F-4DA0-8BD2-36C6EC08B211.jpeg
0296843F-F704-432D-ABA8-7519587E4FEB.jpeg
7F7EC068-60CF-476A-A4E9-4C70CB7184A3.jpeg
FF0B5D9E-EE27-4D3C-AAF4-D55724753A30.jpeg
EEC05CC9-4975-4576-AAAA-AE6E7D5C41E0.jpeg
6549E297-FC8B-4053-9266-882020B59B77.jpeg

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Made a rack for the levelling blocks so they no longer sit on top of the loungers under the bed. Been meaning to do this for two years!

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The small Remis skylight over the fixed bed started to leak in the heavy downpours over the last few days. I prised off the eight screw covers with a pointed knife, then undid the screws to drop the plastic trim, complete with concertina blind and flyscreen. Then up on top to lift the skylight, with a flat scraper to release the mastic holding it down.

After cleaning everything with white spirit, I had to scrape off the silicone that some incompetent bodger sealed it with a couple of years ago (er, that was me, actually:frowny:).

Then a generous bead of Hodgson's Seam Sealant CV, put back the skylight, and down the ladder to screw the plastic trim back in place. Finally up on top again to clean up the mastic bead and check there are no gaps. The whole job was a lot easier than I expected. The real miracle was that in all that time, with towering shower clouds all round, there was not a single drop of rain(y).

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hymer 2017 Dynamic Line, found the grey water pipe sheared at the bend. No scrapes, scuffs or distortion of pipe hangers so I have not bottomed it. Suspicion it’s a torsional stress fracture which has happened over time, the straight section of pipe from the tank to the bend is well supported and rigid, the right angled length is supported by long flimsy pipe hangers allowing movement when vehicle in transit especially so on bumpy roads. Luckily I was able to remove the sheared section from the elbow, trim the pipe end and reseal it into the elbow with solvent cement and bent the pipe hangers to suit. Wrapped the joint with Denso tape which will skin over and stiffen and hopefully give moe strength. Now looking at stiffening the pipe hangers to prevent movement.View attachment 320901View attachment 320902View attachment 320903View attachment 320904View attachment 320905View attachment 320906
Bit of denzo tape fixis many things
Bill

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hymer 2017 Dynamic Line, found the grey water pipe sheared at the bend. No scrapes, scuffs or distortion of pipe hangers so I have not bottomed it. Suspicion it’s a torsional stress fracture which has happened over time, the straight section of pipe from the tank to the bend is well supported and rigid, the right angled length is supported by long flimsy pipe hangers allowing movement when vehicle in transit especially so on bumpy roads. Luckily I was able to remove the sheared section from the elbow, trim the pipe end and reseal it into the elbow with solvent cement and bent the pipe hangers to suit. Wrapped the joint with Denso tape which will skin over and stiffen and hopefully give moe strength. Now looking at stiffening the pipe hangers to prevent movement.View attachment 320901View attachment 320902View attachment 320903View attachment 320904View attachment 320905View attachment 320906
Exactly the same thing happened to mine, looks identical to how mine went.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
019 type battery showing 10.5 volts after a few weeks storage even with a little 10W fag lighter top up solar panel.
Bought a nice Excide 5 year warranty job to treat the old MH with....... Now wondering how to replace the pressed lead (as far as I can tell) main Live cable terminal. I think I might have to saw it off !

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Well I would not call it fixed but the cylinder head gasket went on the way back from salt fleet gale
So I followed Wildman’s advice and put sum kseel well blow me apart from all the rusty water stains under the bonnet you wouldn’t think it had happened watt the hell is that stuff probably gummed up the work’s but seem to have worked Frome stemming traction engine to purring petrol will give it would never have believed it if I hadn’t seen it my shelf a good run today to try it out on to eBay
No cab heating for you this winter then! ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back