What have you fixed on your motorhome this week?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Wildbill, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +24,786
    My church cable snaped phones the RAC waited therty min for them to answer
    Finally get through takes my member no my contact no and name tells him the problem
    Abut five min explaning whare we are then he just hangs up
    I Wat and I Wat for them to call back
    Nothing
    So I use lyns phone to call them so thay still have a open line to call me back
    I give up in the end and fix it my shelf
    The second time thay have let me down
    IMG_20181102_104707.jpg IMG_20181102_121737.jpg IMG_20181102_112531.jpg IMG_20181102_122537.jpg

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 3
  2. kelpie

kelpie Funster

Ratings:
    +953
    Will Jay and your good lady not miss your singing? Maybe should have asked first.:D
    John

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Ratings:
    +8,675
    Not quite a repair: my van is back to full strength after the fridge & windscreen repairs. Whist the fridge was out I asked the Dometic Service Centre to take off the oven (I'd already disconnected the gas & 12v) which they did. (Anyone want a TechTower oven?). So I started a few days ago to prepare the area vacated by the oven for a microwave. This meant removing the fridge vents so I could see the mains supply for the fridge. Then I spotted the tangle of split flexible conduits attached to the wall to the LHS rear of the fridge - five x 1" diameter in all. So I thought I'd investigate the need for them. One was pretty full of wires, one had three wires inside, the others had two wires in each. Basically five conduits that could be replaced by two. Behind the conduits was a loose, unprotected loom with maybe ten wires. All were going from and to the same place. I got rid of all the conduit and began to untangle the wires so I could zip tie them into bundles according to their function. As they were all tangled & couldn't be separated I traced them to the area above the entrance door that has the remote DT220C panel, the bed control, the fridge fan control, a remote switch for the gas solenoid, and the Alde control panel. Then by disconnecting from whatever they fed I could pull them back, re-bundle, then reconnect. I can then use a single piece of plastic trunking to contain them behind the fridge and hide excessive wire for the Alde and gas switch that can't easily be cut to shorten. Commoning methods were either very large single choc blocks or the biggest soldered splices I've ever seen so more work there. Five days into it and after maybe another day I'll start on the microwave installation.

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Ratings:
    +28,497
    2 new Hankook RW06 winter tyres+tracking

• Like it Like it x 5
  5. andy63

andy63 Funster

Ratings:
    +14,868
    Not so much fixed but decided the area by the hab door was wasted space .. their attempt at a shelf or two was cosmetic and the woodwork was there at best to house the step and light switches..(chausson 620 )
    My step only operates when the control panel is on so you have to climb in to switch on before you can operate the step and it doesnt auto retract, which is a feature id prefere..
    Anyway... pulled it all out, rewired the step with a 12v supply independant of control panel and provided an engine run relay to auto retract it... (thats after a blown fuse or two :LOL: and the step drive shaft giving up:(, but think ive got a spare somewhere(y).. )
    Wiring finished .and all looks good on that side..
    Now to put some storage back into the space..and reinstate the switches etc
    Andy..

20181105_175221.jpg

20181105_142853.jpg

20181105_142745.jpg

20181107_143603.jpg

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  6. Badknee

Badknee Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +80,228
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,641
    Not fixed but behind the front cover under the passenger seat I fitted a ciggy lighter socket on a lead to the solar controller - the socket can be retrieved when needed and will allow me to plug in a portable solar panel in case we need extra input when away on holiday due to our all-electric fridge.

Also replaced the lift up worktop flap with a smaller wooden one (chopping board) with a curved corner to make it easier to get in/out of the camper with it in use, also made a plastic chopping board cover for it.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 3
  8. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ratings:
    +21,992
    Have started to install our USB Port today. I have purchased a "rocker switch size" one. So no drilling and stuff through the dash, just remove a blank and install.
    Because , as some one has already posted I did not want to have the thing "shining brightly" all blooming night, I have installed a switch in the loom to turn the bloody thing off!
    So far I have wired everything together, fitted the port and the switch, identified the power source , still looking for an suitable earth.
    But I must confess, it was such a crap day today, wind howling and rain lashing down, and the fact that I was already feeling a bit tetchy and teasey I jacked it in.
    So! only have to connect the bloody thing up now, when I lighten up a bit. Been a right grouch today!

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. Just smiffy

Just smiffy Funster

Ratings:
    +12,980
    Nice one John ...... not missing the weather though.....:D

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. markymark

markymark Funster

Ratings:
    +24
    Greetings peeps.

Hab door retaining latch. Replaced.☑️

Annoying white plastic holding clips for Seitz window blinds. 3 blinds, 6 clips replaced.☑️

X6 Draft excluders also replaced on the above.☑️

Leisure battery connected to intelligent charger for some loving.☑️

Putting off winding the awning out as it’s not been touched in 5 years!!!!❌

You all enjoy your day now

• Like it Like it x 2
  11. Coverco

Coverco Funster

Ratings:
    +54
    I have always struggled to find the bathroom light switch on my Hymer .Fitted a remote switch and attached it to my bathroom door. Old switch still works but so much easier. You can see both the old and new in the picture. Also fitted some under bed leds to brighten up the dining area.

Attached Files:

12. cranky

cranky Funster

Ratings:
    +1,092
    fixed the dreaded roof light leak. (well I hope I have anyway!!):)

13. autorouter

autorouter Funster

Ratings:
    +492
    Replaced dipped headlamp H7 bulb in my 2006 A-class Hymer. I could actually reach the back of the headlamp from the top with the bonnet raised. But the angles were such that I could just about remove the bulb, but couldn't replace the new one.

Eventually I gave up and bit the bullet. I removed the wheel arch trim, which revealed a small gap between the wheel arch and the front bumper. I removed a single screw holding the end of the front bumper, which allowed me to flex the bumper just enough to make the gap large enough to reach my hands through.

Lying on the ground on a foam camping mat, I replaced the bulb, pushed on the spade connectors, and put the rubber dust cover back in place.

The weather was beginning to turn, so I decided to postpone replacing the other side until I got home, because it was still working.

Would you believe it, the other one failed on the way home, and today I replaced it on the driveway at home.

14. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ratings:
    +9,334
    Replaced the fuel filter housing complete on my 2012 Ducato after 2 big leaks from the pipe connectors, a bit messy but even i managed it in 15 minutes with the help of instructions on the web.

Couldn't find them on here but google came up with the fiat web site and simple instructions posted, I think, by @Techno (Techno 100?), many thanks(y)