What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (4 Viewers)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Missed my MOT Tuesday, checked her over Monday afternoon, every thing good, got to MOT station Tuesday morning & rear light fuse blown and indicator going doolally, so back to the farm.

Removed all rear light fittings, water ingress due to worn out seals, just sealed with non-drying mastic, suppose it would be knackered after 28 years ?

MOT next Tuesday, new cambelt & brakes Thursday, can't wait for 4 September for the tunnel, just got to choose between Spain or Portugal now. ☺️

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Today I took the broken shower tap to pieces ..... and glued it all together with Gorilla glue ..... :)

View attachment 317426

.......AND NOW ...:) ..after working on it for 2 hours .... dah dah
I've STILL got a broken shower tap. :( :(

pappajohn can you remember where I bought that end piece from please? It has been brilliant but for some reason exploded over Winter.

Which bit is broken Joy movan ?
If it's the end threaded piece ,find glue it with gorilla snot then tape it around with insulating tape .a little bit of cooking oil or similar on the thread ,to stop it bonding then tread it on carefully and leave overnight .

Had the very same on another van and it worked a treat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Which bit is broken Joy movan ?
If it's the end threaded piece ,find glue it with gorilla snot then tape it around with insulating tape .a little bit of cooking oil or similar on the thread ,to stop it bonding then tread it on carefully and leave overnight .

Had the very same on another van and it worked a treat

The whole thing is caput, Mike. Pappajohn gave me a link a couple of years ago to buy the end piece and it's been brilliant as I could use the lever as I held the shower head to switch it on and off .. (hope you understood that!!!)

The water stopped coming through it properly too. :(

I DID.manage to remove one of the ceiling vent thingis today and clean it though as per one of my previous requests for help. :)

It was full of spiders. :(

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Replaced all six side marker lights after one failed. When I opened it up the bulb holder had melted. The others were all either similarly melted or cracked. Van is eleven years old.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Put van through an early mot this afternoon ,fully loaded ready for a delayed ferry departure.
Flew through with no advisories (y)
Front axle 1650kg (50kg under)
Rear axle 2020kg (20kg over)
So a bit of redistribution was called for.
4 packs of old speckled.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The whole thing is caput, Mike. Pappajohn gave me a link a couple of years ago to buy the end piece and it's been brilliant as I could use the lever as I held the shower head to switch it on and off .. (hope you understood that!!!)

The water stopped coming through it properly too. :(

I DID.manage to remove one of the ceiling vent thingis today and clean it though as per one of my previous requests for help. :)

It was full of spiders. :(

Similar Joy

Just noticed that's from the states and a tad expensive pp wise .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Today I took the broken shower tap to pieces ..... and glued it all together with Gorilla glue ..... :)

View attachment 317426

pappajohn can you remember where I bought that end piece from please? It has been brilliant but for some reason exploded over Winter.

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
It’s been a busy day. Followed everyone’s good advice and bought a spare wheel and tyre. Decided to fit the thing in the garage. I had a DeWalt surveyors tripod hanging about so modified it , added angle brackets and bolted it all between the floor and the unders of the bed. Fits a treat. All nice and clean and accessible. Still room for the scooter. Weighbridge is still happy.

Attachments

• 22C4C467-0504-4BC0-857D-73E08AED68CA.jpeg
    22C4C467-0504-4BC0-857D-73E08AED68CA.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 3A3D9B63-B0A8-42F9-BE9B-59A4B88B3659.jpeg
    3A3D9B63-B0A8-42F9-BE9B-59A4B88B3659.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 71
  • F742E12D-64D4-4F7D-97A1-AD74B2A64F9C.jpeg
    F742E12D-64D4-4F7D-97A1-AD74B2A64F9C.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 71

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

View attachment 317426

Sorry Joy, I know it's not really funny bit I think most of us have been there, done that ... and got the gorilla suit! :D

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Had a oil leek for abut three years that has bean pissing me of every mot so today i taken the bull by the horns and set out to find the little baxxxx.
It entailed removing the vacuum pump and lodes of other bits like starter motor oil cooler housing and their it was a bolt on the fuel pump it was leeking oil.
tighten it up good and tight and put every thing back together.
I had dusted the engine with lime stone dust them ran thE engine before i started to it strip it
just had the engine ticking over for 30 min noting on the paper :) job done timing belt on monday Tuesday were of out with the van this weekend
bill

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
At shrewsbury last weekend in the rain we had a drible coming in at the front of the van drippng of the window blind ,Water tested it yesterday window was fine but found it was running down from the area where the cab moulding joins the hab roof turned out to be one screw in the cover strip had come a little loose and water was entering, bit of sealant and screw back in all watertight again

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Replaced the grill thermocouple on the Caprice Mk3 cooker as I'd got fed up holding in the gas tap for my morning toast. Simple enough once the cooker was out but they could have put the spade-end terminal in a more accessible place without having to lift the hob plate....:wondering:

New front tyres and MOT as well this week, only needed to get back to France to complete the immatriculation process, which has dragged on longer than expected.

Ferry Monday evening....(y)

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
Put van through an early mot this afternoon ,fully loaded ready for a delayed ferry departure.
Flew through with no advisories (y)
Front axle 1650kg (50kg under)
Rear axle 2020kg (20kg over)
So a bit of redistribution was called for.
4 packs of old speckled.
jollyrodger Where did you weigh the van, Chelsea Meadow tip weigh bridge?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
New timing belt kit fitted my impact gun paked in so had to borrow one but got it in the end new timing belt pump and alternator pump belt then bringing the van back of the ramp i ran over my my plastic couvere of the top of the engine :doh: :crying:
so it's a look rund the scrap yard to find one
bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
New timing belt kit fitted my impact gun paked in so had to borrow one but got it in the end new timing belt pump and alternator pump belt then bringing the van back of the ramp i ran over my my plastic couvere of the top of the engine :doh: :crying:
so it's a look rund the scrap yard to find one
bill
Wilst running round the scrap yards, I think gus-lopez still needs a 1.9ltr 1st generation engine. Never know what you might spot

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Wilst running round the scrap yards, I think gus-lopez still needs a 1.9ltr 1st generation engine. Never know what you might spot
he could up grade to a 2.8 itd :) hardest part is the drive shaft but i have that sorted as well
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back