What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (5 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Wiper arm
Didn’t do it today but it rained on the way to our destination and it works.
The three wipers always wiped cleanly on the up stroke but the drivers one juddered and screeched coming back down leaving a smeared screen. I’ve put up with it since purchase, always meaning to sort it out and getting very annoyed I hadn’t sorted it when it rained.
All it needed was two adjustable spanner’s to grip the wiper arm and twist it to get a better wiper to screen angle. It took about three minutes.
Now we have quiet wipers and a clear screen. Should have done it ages ago.
I might even treat her to new blades in celebration.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
No fix
an addition we had some triple LED stick on lights in some cupboards we rarely use in the house so moved four of them to the motorhome two are in the wardrobes and two are in cupboards over the cooker/sink area - all areas where we needed extra light

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just ben doing some thread admin giving every one a like or what ever on this thread wouldn't want to leave any one out at page 55 and working my way back to page 1
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Fixed the fridge, failed to work on gas when at Canterbury P&R last week. (y)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Replaced crusty top red running lights high on the rear. Ordered some Red strip lights from eBay and they patched in lovely. Even happen to wedge in place against part of the old light fitting and added a blob of sealent either end to add support.
Became adventurous and tried to clean High middle brake light...... Discovered three different moss and slime species growing in there and know why light was so dim! Had a spare larger LED strip which by miracles lines up with lens cover screw holes! Really pleased with result. Photo looking is pink/purple but they are Red.

Screenshot_20190415-081108.png

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Indicators went, blinkers no longer blinked!

Sorted now after a lot of head scratching, sheer luck and trial and error, turned out to be the Relay.
In the past , if you parked on the street you had to leave a rear light and a sidelight on, VW had such a system which enabled you to do that, and it worked on the indicator stalk.

So! the relay wasn't the usual £3, oh no! Not as easy as that mate!

£41.03 later :doh:

Ned Kelly is alive and well and running a VW dealership in Cornwall (Elvis runs the chippie next door)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I use my Amazon Fire tablet tethered to my phone for accessing the internet. My phone died recently (battery kaput) so I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I am getting a new phone shortly but in the meantime I tried putting my Tesco sim card from my phone into my basic Huawei mifi unit.

Much to my surprise, it works fine!

Paul

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I'm spitting feathers

Went into Maxine to turn fridge on and ...................................... it wouldn't
got "error code 18" - now that is No Fault so started searching the web
whilst doing so tried again and again then got "error code 9 "

Now error code 9 has a work list and everything checked out until it read

Replace
Power board
SES version
part 631219

Now that message struck dread into to Stephanie as the unit costs £149

So removed said unit from the fridge dismantled it and it had a puddle of water in the base and some Copper Sulphate crystals
as I removed it I noticed the fridges frost free system drained onto the box for some reason

So PCB's cleaned and dried (ain't sunshine wonderful)
unit reassembled and reconnected
It turn on straight away on gas , then after a while switched it over to 240v and that worked and is still working

so I have saved Stephanie

£42 per hour for around 2 hours work
£149 for replacement unit
£40 approx VAT

so I'm definitely in the good books today

Bill and Tracey

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK2000
Exp
3 years on a STEEP learning curve
Went to local scrap yard for some bits for the runaround/shed. Missus went for a nose round and found a 2b Ducati. Had both door lock mechanisms and both window regulators with motors for £20. Plus a nice ceramic plant pot that she found in the back of a car. And 61 pence. Off to Exmouth for my birthday last week of May. Can't wait. See you on the road.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Went to local scrap yard for some bits for the runaround/shed. Missus went for a nose round and found a 2b Ducati. Had both door lock mechanisms and both window regulators with motors for £20. Plus a nice ceramic plant pot that she found in the back of a car. And 61 pence. Off to Exmouth for my birthday last week of May. Can't wait. See you on the road.
never knew they fitted doors and windows on a motorbike:Eeek:

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Finally had my old Carver boiler pulled out and replaced with nice new Propex Malaga unit "easy replacement". Yes right. Took some fiddling with screw holes and re routing of some pipe and annoying loss of a chassis member cover to allow drain pipe to run somewhere. Very quick to heat water though and did just squeeze into old Carver space.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Replaced exhaust from the cat back .
Fitting a scooter rack newly acquired from another funster.
Cutting to length to fit "Howi" and replacing fixed brackets to same with proper welding .
Priced up for new front struts and springs, to a heavey duty after stripping down lower dash to get at top securing nuts/bolts.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
rectified water leaks from cross drilled plugs in cylinder head. Whilst at it fitted 4 new rubber air filter mounts, new rocker gasket, exhaust/inlet gasket. Replaced sump gasket earlier in the week.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Fitted new gear box on my new to me Cheyenne 840se the parts cost £68.00.
I bet you think that's cheap for a replacement gear box.

Well I didn't as it is the bit that fits on the end of the Omnistor wind out awning

Should have checked it when viewing said M'home and could have had a bit more of a discount.

:D:D:D

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Fitted new gear box on my new to me Cheyenne 840se the parts cost £68.00.
I bet you think that's cheap for a replacement gear box.

Well I didn't as it is the bit that fits on the end of the Omnistor wind out awning

Should have checked it when viewing said M'home and could have had a bit more of a discount.

:D:D:D

Any pictures and link to where purchased?
Suspect mine is worn as have to pull a bit on winder to engage gears.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Hi Jev
No Pic's but loads come up with a search, I think one of the best was on Fun of coarse.

It Is very easy, just remove end cap which should give you access to the two screws that hold the gearbox on then just take those out pull off the gear box and fit the new one, 20 min's tops.
Mine is on a Autotrail so had to remove the bolts that hold it on to the M'home at the gearbox end and the middle then could pull the awning out from the recess in the M'home by about three inches which was enough to allow access to do the job.

Hope this helps

Cheers Colin

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Reseated grey waste empying pipe to run downwards from the waste tank instead of uphill??? also did the same with the drain from the water heater. Painted mirror covers fluorescent orange.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back