What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (2 Viewers)

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
:thumb:fitted outside light to motorhome. Have to confess to having bought light fitting several months ago but only just found courage to install! Afraid of drilling holes through external walls.
Happy now glass of red in hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Just a bit of re- routing of the grey water pipe, in their wisdom Swift had it coming out the side near the Hab/door :Sad:, it now comes out at the rear so not in the way of awnings etc. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
replaced some more lamps with led's. cheap chinese ones we will see how they last. So far so good!:Smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
replaced some more lamps with led's. cheap chinese ones we will see how they last. So far so good!:Smile:
So led do they work of 12v system on the van? Or are they just them stick up ones

As I am thinking of fitting LED light to our new to us van:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
LED replacement bulbs cost from about £2 each on ebay and just swap out the original bulbs. the only issue being getting them in the right polarity. if at first they dont work, unplug them and turn round

cheap chinese leds are so much cheaper that even replacing them every year would save money. have had some for a few years and still going strong. others have done dim so replaced after 18 months. besides that, even the expensive ones come from chinese factorys so most of it is either a con or snob value.

replace the old bulbs with LEDs and you wont regret it. saves energy and no heat from the bulbs causing issues:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
LED replacement bulbs cost from about £2 each on ebay and just swap out the original bulbs. the only issue being getting them in the right polarity. if at first they dont work, unplug them and turn round

cheap chinese leds are so much cheaper that even replacing them every year would save money. have had some for a few years and still going strong. others have done dim so replaced after 18 months. besides that, even the expensive ones come from chinese factorys so most of it is either a con or snob value.

replace the old bulbs with LEDs and you wont regret it. saves energy and no heat from the bulbs causing issues:thumb:
get the new to us van saterday it is one of the first things i am dowing
but we do have solar B+B and will have three batterys to
so lood off power:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have replaced the starter motor fixed the oil leek changed the oil filter and new oil changed air filter fuel filter full service now continuing with all the wee jobs that need done before we have a trip out

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
My electric step has decided it wants to be operated by hand only :cry:
Got to take off the plastic side skirt to get to the mounting bolts :Angry:
Going to take a look when I get time.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
So led do they work of 12v system on the van? Or are they just them stick up ones

As I am thinking of fitting LED light to our new to us van:thumb:
Just look on ebay for replacement led lamps. Mine were G4 halogen replaced with led's. 2 types. disc or cylinder. the disc's fitted better in some of the fittings but as mentioned, they are polarity sensitive so if they dont work you have to reverse the wires to the fitting. The cylinder type can be reversed in the fitting so much easier but check sizes as you wont be able to get the glass back in with some types of fitting. I paid £9.99 for 10 of the disc type and £5.49 for 5 for the others. All free P&P and arrived in 2 days. All work fine.:thumb:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just look on ebay for replacement led lamps. Mine were G4 halogen replaced with led's. 2 types. disc or cylinder. the disc's fitted better in some of the fittings but as mentioned, they are polarity sensitive so if they dont work you have to reverse the wires to the fitting. The cylinder type can be reversed in the fitting so much easier but check sizes as you wont be able to get the glass back in with some types of fitting. I paid £9.99 for 10 of the disc type and £5.49 for 5 for the others. All free P&P and arrived in 2 days. All work fine.:thumb:

Check the fitting before ordering, though. Mine were standard car tail lamps. Replaced with stop light LEDs, as the old ones were very dim and the bulbs are the same shape. Massive improvement.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Dropped less than a quarter litre of oil out of the engine to ensure it is within the dipstick marks. The difference it makes to the pulling power is just unbelievable. Never had an engine so sensitive to a quarter litre of oil too much

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Dropped less than a quarter litre of oil out of the engine to ensure it is within the dipstick marks. The difference it makes to the pulling power is just unbelievable. Never had an engine so sensitive to a quarter litre of oil too much

That is pretty sensitive. I guess the oil must sit just below the crank, which has been splashing it around expensively for a while. I bet you get much better fuel economy now, too.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Loaded 30 bottles of proper wine ready for 15 day trip to UK ... + half a dozen saucissons secs and some Coulommiers :winky:
if your cuming along M62 just drop it off when your passing:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Loaded 30 bottles of proper wine ready for 15 day trip to UK ... + half a dozen saucissons secs and some Coulommiers :winky:

If you want to leave it here when you travel around the UK, I'll look after it for you. We're only 20 miles away from Dover/Folkestone!

I've just fixed the towel rail on the bathroom door. ( fixed=pulled it off the door)
Allan

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
Fixed my kitchen mixer tap. Micro switch was a bit hit and miss so stripped it out and cleaned it the contacts, works fine now but when I had it apart I noticed the clear flexible pipe was failing with age. I tried sourcing some pipe from a Hymer motorhome spares company but all they listed was the micro switch. Their best option was a new mixer tap £93 +vat!!!!!!!!!!!! :Eeek: So this being not a viable option(and me being a bit tight)I did some searching and finally found a company who supply the said silicone hose and bought a metre for £5 delivered. All fitted now and good as new.:thumb:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
Check the fitting before ordering, though. Mine were standard car tail lamps. Replaced with stop light LEDs, as the old ones were very dim and the bulbs are the same shape. Massive improvement.
you do have to double check there are thousands of different types.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back