What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (4 Viewers)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Fitted Gas struts to my bed frame, makes lifting the frame to get into the storage even easier and they stay up until I am ready to close again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Some cupdoor fixings etc have been coming loose, screw keeps turning round in hole. Ive inserted some inset fixings into towel holder and door, which had dropped off, should do the job 😁😁😁
IMG_20240331_120311.jpg
IMG_20240331_120707.jpg

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Since we bought or van two years ago we’ve been merrily driving around with the gas on as the previous owners had given us a hand over guide which said we were fitted with a crash sensor ,no! On finally realising that was not the case I’ve fitted a Truma duo sensor

The yellow gas isolator is for an outside gas point I fitted at the same time👍

Happy daysView attachment 879786

I also fitted an essential bit of kit

View attachment 879788

With thanks to PaulandChrissy
Does Gaslow not have crash protection (excessively quick release protection) built into their bottles?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Does Gaslow not have crash protection (excessively quick release protection) built into their bottles?
No. Some refillable bottles have burst/leakage protection valves but this only protects the system as far as the regulator, not beyond it in a crash. To protect the system from the regulator onwards you must have a crash regulator.

The system must have 2 devices one for burst protection before the regulator and the other a crash regulator for after it. If the gas bottle does not have a built in burst protection valve you can buy a pigtail hose with a rupture protection device on it. It is no good having one or the other you need both.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I'm pretty certain, the answer to that is No! But I wait to be corrected? 🤔
Yes the newer Gaslow cylinders fitted with the Rotarex multivalve do have a built in excess flow valve.
As already posted by Pausim the protection of the high pressure side is only one part of the required system to operate the gas whilst travelling, the second part cuts off the low pressure gas supply in the event of an accident normally incorporated in the regulator known as Drive safe , Crash safe etc , sometimes it’s an electronic control ecu that operates a solenoid gas shut off.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Yes the newer Gaslow cylinders fitted with the Rotarex multivalve do have a built in excess flow valve.
As already posted by Pausim the protection of the high pressure side is only one part of the required system to operate the gas whilst travelling, the second part cuts off the low pressure gas supply in the event of an accident normally incorporated in the regulator known as Drive safe , Crash safe etc , sometimes it’s an electronic control ecu that operates a solenoid gas shut off.
So fitting a crash safe regulator is added security then? Just curious. As it happens I have both.
Edited. Fully read the replies. Crash-safe is required for travelling. Thanks for the expert advice.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
So fitting a crash safe regulator is added security then? Just curious. As it happens I have both.
I wouldn’t say added as both parts of the system are required to safely operate the gas whilst travelling.
So it’s either the cylinder / tank that has a built in excess flow valve or the high pressure gas hose (pigtail) is the rupture protection type that incorporates an excess flow valve in conjunction with the crash safe regulator.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back