What have you broken on your motorhome this week? (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
240v inlet socket - Yes i did the DUMBASS THING, rushing around and drove off the drive with the EHU still attached :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: shouldnt be laughing really :cautious:
That sounds pretty dumbass to me, did you do much damage.....:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just popped all the curtain hooks out dragging the front curtain a little heavily
Dratted nuisance to put back as they're not easy!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
That sounds pretty dumbass to me, did you do much damage.....:)

just broke the inner part away from the outer casing - I put it back together and glued it all back in place with some JB KWIK, solid now but have ordered another - yea a real dumbass moment

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just popped all the curtain hooks out dragging the front curtain a little heavily
Dratted nuisance to put back as they're not easy!
A little furniture polish on the rail makes pulling them easier without popping them out.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Whilst investigating a faulty microswitch on bathroom tap (now fixed) I pressed the plastic catch that holds the swinging wall and what do ya know Snap broken.
Currently undergoing repairs with silkaflex and a plastic glazing spacer !

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
240v inlet socket - Yes i did the DUMBASS THING, rushing around and drove off the drive with the EHU still attached :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: shouldnt be laughing really :cautious:
The other week we moved the van around on the drive to fill it up for a boot sale early start. Left it plugged in.
Early Sunday remembered to unplug it and left the cable on the drive. Didn't realise it had freakish wrapped around the rear tow bar. 2 miles later it was pointed out that we were towing a cable reel behind us. Obviously ruined but it had disengaged nicely from the socket so no damage at the house. Gutted though.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Here at Stratford broke my periscope range finder searchin for the show:rolleyes:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So, who's going to start the ball rolling?
Not you then? :)

But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Pulled one of the three point plugs clean off the wall and the element has gone in our Truma boiler - there is always something!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
after last week I am saying nothing

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.

They do them that way to give you more privacy

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Our van has curtains AND blinds. Seems pointless to me. I think the curtains are about to come down...

Val took our net curtains down last year to wash them, once cleaned, we bagged them up and put them in an overhead locker thinking "we'll rehang these when we have a spare 5 minutes next time we're away" They're still in the locker, think we should just bin them as we have the blinds too. Mind, net curtains do have a certain charm when you're sitting behind them watching tuggers putting up an awning :LOL:

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Thanks for the link @Techno I thought we would have trouble getting one but popped into Dyce Caravans and they asked how many I wanted - apparently break very easily, 1st time for ours - cost £12.50. We were away but only had a couple of things in the freezer.

Edit to say that despite trying I still haven't managed to get a replacement tiny light for the fridge.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

They must be fitted wrong as Mine are the other way up ? There is no reason on my seitz ones which way round they can be fitted.

Oh & broke a melon in the MH.Or it broke itself.:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back