Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I have a SamySolar setup.

When I got the van, it automatically picked up Astra 1 and I got a host of various (mainly foreign) channels.

I wanted to get SKY, got my box and tried to choose Astra 2 which was preset. Could not locate the satellite.

So, off I went trying to navigate the menu to pick up Astra2 and manually change it, the end result is now I cannot pick up anything and it will only spin searching for Astra 2 (i.e. I cannot find how to get it to pick up Astra 1 anymore):coffee:

Yes, I know I'm an idiot and I should have tried to get some advice further before playing - but now I'm stuck and I dunno what to do! Worse is I have a manual but its not easy reading!

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Update:

Managed to get Astra 1 back.

Astra 2 still showing as not found, but I do not know whether this is due to me overriding the settings and it is looking in the wrong place; or whether genuinely there is no signal.

Does anyone have the actual config settings for Astra 2 so I can manually balls it up again (or even better does anyone know how to return it back to factory..?!)

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Thanks. Any ideas whether a firmware update might help (if so can this be done via the satellite dish itself?).

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thanks. Any ideas whether a firmware update might help (if so can this be done via the satellite dish itself?).
At the Peterborough Show someone parked nearby had your problem and visited a stand selling his model and they quickly updated his unit.
You could try RoadPro who have an excellent reputation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back