What has the Fun Forum done for us?..... (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Twogirls - Welcome and best of luck with your travels. I have now added you as a member of Flora part 2 and any messages and/or access is via your inbox (top right) just click!!

Deleted User
Haven't got ACSI cos they don't send it out until December and we'll be away - or can we just buy a book now? Do you recommend the ATA Spain book or is the campercontact app sufficient which I understand we can view online now we've paid for it? I admit my biggest worry is about finding places to stay.
We asked about getting the book in Spain, apparently is readily available in a few place in Benidorm. We are going to get one in Dec from there. You need the membership card inside the book to get the rate. Though sometimes there are better rates available, which they generally tell you when checking in. Some sites don't allow dogs at all, though many do and as you only have the one, included in the ACSI rate where allowed.

Lin :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Welcome, and you could do a lot worse than check Ian's adventures in Spain, on here, also although you have camper contact, you will find this a very good free app for finding places to stay, www.park4night.com

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome, and you could do a lot worse than check Ian's adventures in Spain, on here, also although you have camper contact, you will find this a very good free app for finding places to stay, www.park4night.com

thanks Chaser, I thought park4night was only UK so that's a great help

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
thanks Chaser, I thought park4night was only UK so that's a great help
We don't have camper contact, but when we traveled to Spain last month, I had someone look on it for me, and the area we were in around roses it only showed two parks bot park4night had 8 in the same area, must admit it is mostly in French but everything is pretty much self explanatory, and it does need wifi, or a phone signal. But always worked for us.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If you're passing Totana in Spain (in Murcia region between Alicante and Almeria) we'd love to see you at our neighbour's camperstop (next to our house!)

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
If you're passing Totana in Spain (in Murcia region between Alicante and Almeria) we'd love to see you at our neighbour's camperstop (next to our house!)

That would be great! Totana is on our route, in fact I think I made a note of a camperstop there, I wonder if its the same one, or is there only one?

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi you two. I look forward to meeting you two on your travels at some time. I am in Portugal at the Olhao campsite it's just east of Faro. It would be a good site for you two I am sure. I will be leaving this week to go west so will not see you. In the new year I am going east to Spain. If you let us all know what sites you are going to be at I could drop in for a water on my way past if I am in that area.

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Hi you two. I look forward to meeting you two on your travels at some time. I am in Portugal at the Olhao campsite it's just east of Faro. It would be a good site for you two I am sure. I will be leaving this week to go west so will not see you. In the new year I am going east to Spain. If you let us all know what sites you are going to be at I could drop in for a water on my way past if I am in that area.

Please do David we really look forward to meeting up with Funsters on our travels. I will be updating as to where we are going to be.

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014

We've never been to Portugal so would love to hear your recommendations David (well, I did go to Lisbon once years ago on a work-related trip but don't remember much about it cos the drinks were all paid for at the hotel bar....)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Wellcome and Good Luck. You will love it.
I too started last winter, with a 3.5 Months in Spain (first Benidorm) and Portugal.
Going again on the 4th Nov for 4.5 months, this time the opposit direction, sailing to Santander, will tour North-West Spain (weather permitted) down to Portugal as South to the Algarve and from there to South Spain and along the Med to Barcelona.
Hope to meet you two some where some time along the route.

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Wellcome and Good Luck. You will love it.
I too started last winter, with a 3.5 Months in Spain (first Benidorm) and Portugal.
Going again on the 4th Nov for 4.5 months, this time the opposit direction, sailing to Santander, will tour North-West Spain (weather permitted) down to Portugal as South to the Algarve and from there to South Spain and along the Med to Barcelona.
Hope to meet you two some where some time along the route.

Maybe we'll meet in the middle as our route takes us in the opposite direction from you. As last year was your first time, what did you learn from your trip? Any tips or advice for us? Did you have problems finding places to stay or did you use pre-booked campsites? Any advice will be most welcome.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Last year I stoped at Benidorm for 31 days, to rest after 26 y working in the U.K., that was used to speak with expiriance travelers and to get as much ideas as possible about where to travel and camping recomandation.
From there I moved from one place to another with short stay in each place as I wanted to visit as many places as I could then to know where I would like to visit again for longer time.
Except of per booking, Al Raco camp in Benidorm for 31 days to get the best price, I didn't per-book any camp, I just use Campercontact (exelent) with the paid version can use when of line (after download maps of the countries traveling to while on wifi) and also found on campercontact free parking.
Best advice: Drive Carefully, go with the flow/mode and Enjoy!

Sending you PM.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Hi you two, when travelling down to Spain if you need to take a break for a night just over the border check out El port de la Selva, and you can overnight for free in Roses all year except for July/August, as we found on our first trip to Spain in May.

Might be a bit too chilly on the Costa Brava that time of year though, but may be bearable for an overnighter.

We travelled down on motorways as we only had 3 weeks and stopped on motorway aires on the way down and back, done quite a bit more of that since and never felt unsafe, but never stayed on an empty aire, pulled off to a busier one.

Common sense is your guide in these things and you two seem to have this in abundance. There are, as usual, factions for and against stopping on these aires, never had a problem in the 3 years we've been doing it and our Glorious Leader Jim, may the Lord bless his name, :notworthy2::notworthy2: is also in favour of them.

Trust your gut, the rule of thumb is if it don't feel safe, jog on, there is always somewhere else a few miles further on

Enjoy Goa and you MoHo travels on your return, and we hope to bump in to you on the road some day.

Hymie.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
As per the OP what has the forum done for us
1 we have made sum very nice friends
2 during good and sum verr bad times we have had lots of help.
When we have had problems with the motor home
3 moral support during personal tragedy can put a value on that.
4 help with things we needed to get us out of a bind when things we're tight
Total strangers who wish to remane anonimus this is the sort of forum this is
But I am going to blow ther cover
1Engine lift thank you @Terry
2 high pursuer hose for gas low can't remember the funsters but thanks funster
3 @pappajohn for all the invaluable mikanical device
1 All the funsters that offerd bucket lods of moral support to many to list
Sum times just a wee pm can save you from the brink that small gesture can pull you out of that hole of depression
Thank you haggers for under standing
Ther has Ben so many kind kind and nice things hapend to me and my family to many to mention
But one thing that did happen
I got a education frome this very forum rule 1
The best thing that ever hapend to me
Thank you fun
When I have Ben in the pits of dispare I have turns to fun maybe just my may of coping
So thanks fun you saved my life my
Aka billthedrill happybrewer wildbill
I could never put back what I have received frome it
Where would start
Just thanks every one
Bill

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As per the OP what has the forum done for us
1 we have made sum very nice friends
2 during good and sum verr bad times we have had lots of help.
When we have had problems with the motor home
3 moral support during personal tragedy can put a value on that.
4 help with things we needed to get us out of a bind when things we're tight
Total strangers who wish to remane anonimus this is the sort of forum this is
But I am going to blow ther cover
1Engine lift thank you @Terry
2 high pursuer hose for gas low can't remember the funsters but thanks funster
3 @pappajohn for all the invaluable mikanical device
1 All the funsters that offerd bucket lods of moral support to many to list
Sum times just a wee pm can save you from the brink that small gesture can pull you out of that hole of depression
Thank you haggers for under standing
Ther has Ben so many kind kind and nice things hapend to me and my family to many to mention
But one thing that did happen
I got a education frome this very forum rule 1
The best thing that ever hapend to me
Thank you fun
When I have Ben in the pits of dispare I have turns to fun maybe just my may of coping
So thanks fun you saved my life my
Aka billthedrill happybrewer wildbill
I could never put back what I have received frome it
Where would start
Just thanks every one
Bill

What a nice post.

It certainly highlights the spirit of FUN.

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
If you get as far south as Malaga - I'll buy you a few vino blanco's!
We live about 400 metres from the below campsite, and hail from your neck of the woods too! ( Brentwood)
Good luck!!

http://www.campingtorredelmar.com/inicio.php

Yay! another Essex girl and boy!! :LOL: We store our van just north of Brentwood (Stondon Massey). We'd love to take you up on that offer, we'll certainly be going your way so will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @Twogirls just wondering if you have had your Fun Stickers in the Post yet :)

Yes thank you Carol I thought I sent you an inbox message but maybe pressed the wrong button, still getting used to finding our way around MH Fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back