What happened to this technology (tyres) (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Goodyear double eagle a tyre within a tyre.

OK so I imagine you can't just get the tyre replaced easily but surely this must be a good idea to stop a catastrophic blow out and loss of control ? Or maybe not as it not used on vehicles today, to my knowledge? Gotta be better than gunk though !

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Would never work - imagine the heat generated as one tyre squirms against the other.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Those tyron bands sound great. Quite expensive around £65each but you cant put a price on your life. Wonder if any funsters have them fitted?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Those tyron bands sound great. Quite expensive around £65each but you cant put a price on your life. Wonder if any funsters have them fitted?

Had them fitted to my caravans for a total of 15 years - luckily I never had a blowout BUT when it came to fitting new tyres it was the tyrefitters worst nightmare!! - you need to carry fitting instructions and the special "extended allan key" supplied by Tyron when 1st fitted so that any tyre fitting garage can carry out a tyre change

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've got some permanent anti-blowout gel in the tyres, installed by the dealer. I guess t's going to be much the same when it comes to new tyres. Don't want to think about it yet, they've only done 3k.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have them fitted. Bloody nightmare trying to explain to a French tyre fitter how to remove/replace them. (Hand gestures and a lot of swearing helped;) I think:D)

As a point of interest I purchased tyres from an internet retailer to be fitted at one of their recommended local tyre fitting depots. I paid online and waited for them to arrive. On arrival the fitters removed the wheels but weren't too sure how to remove/replace the tyron bands. Unfortunately they took forever to work it out. In the end I gave the manager £10 extra per tyre as it took so long and he was throwing a fit.:mad:

Yet another of life's lessons:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back