Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have stayed a couple of times at the Dinan (Brittany) aire. It was located under the viaduct and an easy walk into the beautiful town. We were hoping to pay another visit on next month's trip.

I notice in the latest 'All the Aires France' (page 76) that the description has changed and there is talk of a nearby campsite and a service point when there wasn't one before.

Have any funsters stayed there recently that can let me know what has happened?

Paul

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Last edited:
OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that @GeriatricWanderer. We haven't stayed at Dinan since 2013 (our van is in the photo somewhere). Be a shame if it has closed.

Paul

Dinan.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
It was ok 2 years ago but haven't stayed recently (free on Sundays btw if its still open). No Facs there. Its still listed on campercontact with a recent review 04/17 and is also still on CC-Infos.

We have used the nearby free aire at Lanvallay which is ok and about a 15 minute walk back to Dinan, might be of use as a back for you or if you want to service the van. N48.45425 W2.03026

Pete

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You mean the Port de Dinan one? We stayed there last year.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the replies. The aire at Lanvallay looks okay, thanks @pjay, we might use that one if Dinan aire is no more.

Paul

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
It's still showing on the Dinan tourism website, although I don't know how frequently they update it.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
There's another free aire at Lehon with free water etc
outside a tennis club ,also not too far from Dinan.
GPS 48.442060, -2.042154

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It was fine a few days ago. Full but for a few places over the bank holiday, but plenty of places on the tuesday. We stayed instead at Taden for three nights, nice easy 2 or 3 kilometre flat riverside walk into Dinan. Free, with all facilities. One night we were alone. Outside the ACSI site there which looks very good, and only 15 euros. Free on the aires was, well, cheaper. Plus you use the same MH facilities.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
What has changed is the aires at Tréguer, which instead of being 15 places with full facilities in the All the Aires, is now less than half the size, and they've deliberately taken out the facilities, there's not even water supply, just a blue water dump. It's still lovely though.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
What has changed is the aires at Tréguer, which instead of being 15 places with full facilities in the All the Aires, is now less than half the size, and they've deliberately taken out the facilities, there's not even water supply, just a blue water dump. It's still lovely though.
Hi ,@Dorwyn ,do you mean Treguier aire by the river,

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Our friends are staying at a nearby campsite and took a photo off the viaduct yesterday and there were quite a few vans on the aire, so it looks like its open.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
We have stayed a couple of times at the Dinan (Brittany) aire. It was located under the viaduct and an easy walk into the beautiful town. We were hoping to pay another visit on next month's trip.

I notice in the latest 'All the Aires France' (page 76) that the description has changed and there is talk of a nearby campsite and a service point when there wasn't one before.

Have any funsters stayed there recently that can let me know what has happened?

Paul
Paul
We were there 2 weekends ago at the aire under the viaduct. It's definitely still there ...... same place, same charges .... free on Sunday as it happens (y)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
FWIW the car park in the square in the center of Dinan is/was motor-home friendly. I couldn't manage the climb up to the town from the aire, so on our last day we left the aire early and parked in the car park to walk round the town. We left early as we were told the car park gets crowded. we also parked to make our exit easy.

Malcolm

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hi ,@Dorwyn ,do you mean Treguier aire by the river,
Oh, no. Sorry, Tréguier, that's where we were last night. Nice aires, but don't park at the end coz there's some resident hippies. Well behaved, friendly, but their dogs crap all over the place, and they talk late into the night. Not the dogs, you understand. They don't say much, just bark.

I should have said Le Palus Plage, Plouha. I think. (That was a nice glass of red. Or two.) Yes, it was Plouha. There are no facilities, just the grey waste dump.

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Oh, no. Sorry, Tréguier, that's where we were last night. Nice aires, but don't park at the end coz there's some resident hippies. Well behaved, friendly, but their dogs crap all over the place, and they talk late into the night. Not the dogs, you understand. They don't say much, just bark.

I should have said Le Palus Plage, Plouha. I think. (That was a nice glass of red. Or two.) Yes, it was Plouha. There are no facilities, just the grey waste dump.

Thanks @Dorwyn ,
We used both aires last year , as you say no services at Treguier, both nice aires .

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks all for the helpful answers. I think we'll give the viaduct aire a try first and stay there if we can. Dinans a lovely historic town, well worth another visit.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back