What GLP adaptor for Portugal? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We've stopped now at three motorway services travelling south in Portugal. We've found LPG pumps but all (one pump was out of action) had nozzles that don't fit the Euro connector we were told was used in Portugal. We have a set of three adaptors, provided by Autogas 2000 when they fitted our Alugas refillable bottle, and from the supplied guide, Portugal should use the Euro adaptor.

We have enough gas for tonight but will need to fill up tomorrow. Whilst it's still milder than the UK here (near Navaré) it does get chilly at night.

Any advice gratefully received.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When I've filled up in Portugal I'm sure it was the dish one.
The euro adaptor I have only found in Spain. (y)

Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yep me to only used the dish adaptor.
I don't understand if you have the other adaptors why you didn't try them you can't really get it wrong.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Feeling a bit foolish as we have the dish adaptor! Will try tomorrow.
Thanks all.
Yes, we loved Nazaré. Had a fabulous fish lunch right on the sea front. The walk back up the hill to the Valle de Pareisa nature park where we stayed was quite a challenge though. Also staying there was another funster. We were the only two vans in the whole place!
At Messjana tonight. This time entirely on our own locked in a site with hookup for €7. Lovely warm day today. Are loving Portugal.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Right, successfully filled up using the dish adaptor. Sod's Law though, we struggled to find a garage with GPL for most of the morning before finding one. €11 down but full of gas.
Now on a really lovely site called Mikki's at Pera. €9.50 per night with 10amp hook up. Beautifully sunny, site buzzing with friendly campers and looking forward to chicken piri-piri tonight at €10. Takes me back to my misspent youth having prawns piri-piri in Laurenco Marques 40 years ago. Hey ho.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
@Lenny HB ".......you can't really get it wrong"

You clearly don't know me!

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Right, successfully filled up using the dish adaptor. Sod's Law though, we struggled to find a garage with GPL for most of the morning before finding one. €11 down but full of gas.
Now on a really lovely site called Mikki's at Pera. €9.50 per night with 10amp hook up. Beautifully sunny, site buzzing with friendly campers and looking forward to chicken piri-piri tonight at €10. Takes me back to my misspent youth having prawns piri-piri in Laurenco Marques 40 years ago. Hey ho.

Your best place for fuel and gas is Jumbo on the far side of Lagoa just of the 125 heading for Portimao. For good sea food head down to Armacso de Pera and try the places opposite Fishermans Beach. There is also an excellent Indian called Bollywood. The football club is still worth a go just do not put anything outside, though as the aire at Camping Canelas is full perhaps there will be no complaints to the GNR who patrol past there 3 times a day.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Your best place for fuel and gas is Jumbo on the far side of Lagoa just of the 125 heading for Portimao. For good sea food head down to Armacso de Pera and try the places opposite Fishermans Beach. There is also an excellent Indian called Bollywood. The football club is still worth a go just do not put anything outside, though as the aire at Camping Canelas is full perhaps there will be no complaints to the GNR who patrol past there 3 times a day.

Just a hint re the Jumbo Filling Station at Lagoa.

The LGP (PLG) pump is on the right side of the garage and, because of the restrictive nature of the station, it is impossible to fill up with Gas if your filler point is on the O/S (as is ours)
We finished up getting gas at Porches to the East. It was a BP garage on the West bound lane. Hope this helps.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp

The LGP (PLG) pump is on the right side of the garage and, because of the restrictive nature of the station, it is impossible to fill up with Gas if your filler point is on the O/S (as is ours)
We finished up getting gas at Porches to the East. It was a BP garage on the West bound lane. Hope this helps.

You must be rich buying at BP most expensive fuel in the Algarve.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

I have been refused twice at Jumbo,last time I asked why and was told no autocaravanas.:mad:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Just out of intrest when you fill up refillable gas container's is it butain, or propane. How much is it a litre I know there is a lot of different price's just an average for down here in Portugal.
:thanks3:
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just out of intrest when you fill up refillable gas container's is it butain, or propane. How much is it a litre I know there is a lot of different price's just an average for down here in Portugal.

It's usually a mixture and therein can lie a problem.
I think we all know that Butane isn't as efficient in low temps.
That can be a prob if, say you do a major fill in Portugal and then travel back home to the UK and want to use the 'van in colder times of the year.

Others will be along to give the definitive proportions of Butane/Propane.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I belive Portugal is like the UK 95% propane, Spain can be up to 65% butane, in Spain always best in to fill up in a cold area up in the mountains to avoid a high percentage of butane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back