Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Looks like some of the mental gennys they fit into the front of the really big A class RVs ::bigsmile:.

The 40 foot long jobs have genny that will run a small town!!! :ROFLMAO:

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Mark asked a simple question "Is 1Kva = to 1000 watts??" and the answer to that is yes.

As you have all stated the nature of the load whether it be resistive, inductive or capacitive affects the actual power, by a PF corrector, 0 , +ve or -ve, resulting in the actual available being taken as 800w using an average PF figure of 0.80

However, 1 Kva will always be 1000 watts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mark asked a simple question "Is 1Kva = to 1000 watts??" and the answer to that is yes.

As you have all stated the nature of the load whether it be resistive, inductive or capacitive affects the actual power, by a PF corrector, 0 , +ve or -ve, resulting in the actual available being taken as 800w using an average PF figure of 0.80

However, 1 Kva will always be 1000 watts.

agreed.....a resistive load will have a power factor of 1...1kva = 1000w.
but as we dont know what kind of load will be imposed, a factor of 0.8 is used in generators.
dont know why and care even less but all gennies, UPS and transformers use this factor and every convertion chart on the web confirms it.:thumb:

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Afternoon peeps.:thumb:

I am looking to buy a small generator to recharge the lesiure battery when away from a hook up point. One i can use to power a laptop or a 15" Lcd tv if need be and surroundings permit.

Need to keep cost low as poss.

Been looking at one on Maplins web page(0.7Kva) not to sure if this would be upto the job

Mark,

I bought a Kipor 2000 about three years ago and have only run it for approximately three hours; so it is more or less 'as new'. As I don't use it, I am willing to sell it. It is not the 'yellow' Kipor but the red one. I don't really know the technical differences but I believe that the more expensive yellow one has a better controlled output. The red one *may* not be suitable for directly running sensitive electronic mains equipment from; others may know more accurate detail: I guess it depends on *exactly* what you want to do with it. I live only about 3 miles from Southampton, up the M3, so if you may be interested you can come and see and hear it running with no obligation.

Regards,

Harvey

Last edited:

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
This was in my Renault when I bought it.:roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mark,

I bought a Kipor 2000 about three years ago and have only run it for approximately three hours; so it is more or less 'as new'. As I don't use it, I am willing to sell it. It is not the 'yellow' Kipor but the red one. I don't really know the technical differences but I believe that the more expensive yellow one has a better controlled output. The red one *may* not be suitable for directly running sensitive electronic mains equipment from; others may know more accurate detail: I guess it depends on *exactly* what you want to do with it. I live only about 3 miles from Southampton, up the M3, so if you may be interested you can come and see and hear it running with no obligation.

Regards,

Harvey

Brian the admin has a red un:whatthe::Eeek::shout:

Don't seem to have any issues so reckon this would be fine.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It is not the 'yellow' Kipor but the red one. I don't really know the technical differences but I believe that the more expensive yellow one has a better controlled output. The red one *may* not be suitable for directly running sensitive electronic mains equipment from; others may know more accurate detail:

Harvey

Hi Harvey

I believe the red Kipor has a modified sine wave output which is fine for 99% of stuff in a van .. the only thing I know that won't work is an electric toothbrush charger ..

The yellow Kipor has a true sine wave output same as the Honda..

Jim

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for the comments on my 'Red' Kipor to clarify the difference with the 'Yellow' ones.

Mike, I have replied to your PM.

Harvey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back