what dog wormer to use for france,spain & portugal (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We were ripped off in Honfleur by the vet near the aire..

we were charged two consultations plus an extra 15E for a worming injection for our JRT who won't take tablets..

108.61 Euro for two small dogs.. so shop around or get stung :mad:

Santona
10 rue des Vases
14600 Honfleur

Google Map

View attachment 74144

We've used her a couple of times and she is expensive but very convenient for the aire. I think it's been about €90 for a springer and a cocker each time. The first time was over new year when shopping around wasn't an option, the second time just because it was easy.

The one we used last trip in Bulgneville in Champagne-Ardennes was €21 per dog.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
As far as I have learned but please don't quote me ther are tow advacate types tabs, one is advantax (sp) the first one covers mites in the ears whilst the second one doesn't ... The second one does cover sandflies which the first one doesn't , otherwise the rest of the protection is the same ..for Portugal sandflies protection Is required , shame there wasn't one to cover it all

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
(y)
We lived in France and up until last year, all the vets we took our dogs to gave the wormer via injection. I only asked if it could be given in tablet form to our smallest dog because we travelled back often and it was less traumatic than the needle. Sounds pathetic I know, but he is so cute an liddle an didn't like nasty horrible needles........sorry, forgot myself there for a mo. - seriously, the needle was a bit too much as he is rather small. No after effects either way.
You may be better trying the injection. We have two other dogs who don't seem to care, although one is hyper and the other a bonehead, which may swing it a little.
Hopefully injection will be fine. We are just concerned in case he has a terrible/allergic reaction to it. Plan is to talk to vet again and try injection here under controlled environment in case something goes wrong. We heard the injection can be painful but not too worried as when/if we go with him we would do a long trip so would only need it the once or twice. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi :hi:going to France, Spain & Portugal in Sept . for the first time. Can anyone tell me what is the right wormer to use, I use Drontal at home but don't know if this will be ok abroad. I know you have to go to the vets for a wormer before coming back into the UK. any help would be appreciated from all you know it all Funsters , that are always back and forth across the channel .:cheers: Mew & Mick
We like this type ourselves......

image.jpg

Oh sorry - misread the title. Thought you said "Dog Warmer" :blush:;)

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
(y)
Hopefully injection will be fine. We are just concerned in case he has a terrible/allergic reaction to it. Plan is to talk to vet again and try injection here under controlled environment in case something goes wrong. We heard the injection can be painful but not too worried as when/if we go with him we would do a long trip so would only need it the once or twice. Thanks
it can be painful, especially for small and lean dogs although the needle isn't any larger than the ones used for usual annual inoculations.
I think your idea to try it here first is the best solution.

OP
OP
MicknMew
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: Dux Deluxe," Dog Wormer", " Dog Warmer " easy mistake to make :giggler:. but I like the dog coat anyway, very smart(y).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back