What does this switch do please? (photo) (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
First wild camp tonight, not very wild, a see front on West Coast Scotland. But I want to test out everything works when only Gas and Solar are the options.
*edit, its on a Burstner Elegance i890 MH*

Anyway, since buying the MH ive still not come across what this switch does? Turning it to the opposite position seems to activate some sort of servo (can hear it). Answers on a post card please!
IMG_3764.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted User
thanks lol! even i figured that one out :LOL:
Im thinking maybe the recirc heating for when driving the van in winter? (theres a manual valve in the locker close by)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
What make is the van please?
Could it be a Grey waste tank dump valve? Switch On to open, off to close.
I am fitting one soon to our van, only wish I could replicate/buy a switch like that, haven't seen one anywhere like it yet.
LES

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
its a Burstner Elegance i890 sorry.
Ive already found the grey waste switch in the garage, 3 position, off, on and heated.

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
thanks lol! even i figured that one out :LOL:
Im thinking maybe the recirc heating for when driving the van in winter? (theres a manual valve in the locker close by)

Just trying to help šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š

Have you tried switching it off to see what happens.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
What make is the van please?
Could it be a Grey waste tank dump valve? Switch On to open, off to close.
I am fitting one soon to our van, only wish I could replicate/buy a switch like that, haven't seen one anywhere like it yet.
LES
I used a new electric window switch on mine. Down opens the valve, Up closes it and I can stop at any point in between

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
It could be for the engine preheat from the Alde heating, pumps hot fluid around the heat exchanger/ engine block for extreme cold weather
that would make sense as its near the heat exchanger, now i have an idea what im looking for ill have a 3rd read of the many manuals thanks!

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Ejector seat or revolving number plates?

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
Our Burstner has same switch with a different symbol which is for grey waste tank heater for winter, so a heater switch of some sorts

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
dont think it will be on mine as the fresh tank heater switch is on my main control panel, and the grey water heater switch/empty is in my garage. Ill have a read tomorrow.
Laptop is dying and im yet to discover any sort of inverter or even 12v socket that doesnt run off the engine battery (soon to be rectified!).

Upvote 0

rhinoman

Free Member
Aug 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
burstner elegance
Same van if you turn your alde heating control on before driving and turn the yellow button to the on position when you arrive at destination central heating has been working in the habitation area and youā€™ll have instant hot water happy days

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Same van if you turn your alde heating control on before driving and turn the yellow button to the on position when you arrive at destination central heating has been working in the habitation area and youā€™ll have instant hot water happy days
So it means travelling with the gas turned on? Popcorn anyone?

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
perfect thank you.
I assume what looks like a manual shut off valve on top of (what i think is) the heater exchanger also needs to be in the on position first for it to work though?
The black shut off below, currently in the off position)
IMG_3773.JPG

Upvote 0
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
First wild camp tonight, not very wild, a see front on West Coast Scotland. But I want to test out everything works when only Gas and Solar are the options.
*edit, its on a Burstner Elegance i890 MH*

Anyway, since buying the MH ive still not come across what this switch does? Turning it to the opposite position seems to activate some sort of servo (can hear it). Answers on a post card please!
View attachment 525845
ROOM SERVICE.. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I would imagine the noise you can hear is the solenoid valve on the fitting, top right of the heat exchanger. Can you get someone to operate the switch while you look/listen on?

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
I would imagine the noise you can hear is the solenoid valve on the fitting, top right of the heat exchanger. Can you get someone to operate the switch while you look/listen on?
will give it a try, slightly confused why it would have the manual shut off pictured and a separate electrical switch too. Oddly it illuminates in the OFF (0) position.
Reading my manual it shows a similar looking switch for the optional underfloor heating (no idea if i have it) but would explain apparently having a manual shut off valve on the heat exchanger and this switch as well.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back