Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll stick with the Spanish sunshine and the Golf.

Minimum clothing and maximum enjoyment.

:cooler:

PS I can see the snow on the tops of the Sierra Nevada from the Golf course, but it's far enough away not to trouble me.

Thank god we're all different eh.

Been a skier for 30 years now and still get a massive buzz from it. There is nothing like flying down a run in the early morning when the slopes are virtually empty and doing it perfect. Or making it down a deep pristine off piste field. Its close to the edge and can be dangerous but thats what makes me feel alive I love it.
Also played golf for about 8 years. Really enjoyed it but never got the same buzz as skiing thats for sure. In the end got bored with it and sold all the kit.
When will I stop skiing dont know but it will probably be because of ill health not boredom. It'll be a very sad day for me as well.

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
On a more serious note I just tried, for the first time, to use Google to identify this image. Spookily I think it did so. It is the late Shah of Persia and the image appears on this page: Broken Link Removed

There used to be (still is?) skiing in Iran in the mountains above Tehran but I guess the image was probably taken in Switzerland or somewhere fashionable although the soldier suggests it might be Iran after all.

You are correct, i have a work collegue and have been invited to Ski in Iran however visa application is the drawback as he will be the sponser and not currently there but in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Similar to this...

I like to feel the wind rush past me... (y)

53108_0_l.jpg

Did not recognise you there Mo - you've had a shave and Judy has ironed the wrinkles out of your face - was that your Birfday treat:rofl::rofl::Eeek:

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Any views on ski sunglasses?
Tempted every year as goggles steam up but always think they are less safe more likely to fly off or get broken.
Very expensive too (shop on here for £85 described as a bargain) I know you can get then changing according to the sunlight which is handy.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
These seem good value
eBay item number:
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ohh

Any tips for a snowboarding virgin as im have a leason next month at the snodome at Tamworth :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Any tips for a snowboarding virgin as im have a leason next month at the snodome at Tamworth :)
Is that a lesson or a lesion? I know which I would get if I tried snowboarding. Skateboards were bad enough on a level surface. Add a slope and snow then blood and concussion would soon follow.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Golf.......
golf-pasion.jpg

Skiing.....

resized.jpg

I fancy feeling alive for a bit longer yet!

Thank god we're all different eh.

Been a skier for 30 years now and still get a massive buzz from it. There is nothing like flying down a run in the early morning when the slopes are virtually empty and doing it perfect. Or making it down a deep pristine off piste field. Its close to the edge and can be dangerous but thats what makes me feel alive I love it.
Also played golf for about 8 years. Really enjoyed it but never got the same buzz as skiing thats for sure. In the end got bored with it and sold all the kit.
When will I stop skiing dont know but it will probably be because of ill health not boredom. It'll be a very sad day for me as well.

Just back from Andorra, snow was great, 25 deg most days.
Skiing is marmite... Love or hate.
Fact we've been going for 25 years couple times a year says what camp We are in. saying that I enjoy golf, but only watching it.
Horses for courses I suppose, be boring if we were all the same.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Is that a lesson or a lesion? I know which I would get if I tried snowboarding. Skateboards were bad enough on a level surface. Add a slope and snow then blood and concussion would soon follow.

Opps defiantly lessons :)

Would the skateboard been old school small deck with silver fox trucks and maybe blue kryp wheels :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back