What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks for the update -we all hope everything goes to plan and that the van is what you expected -best of luck(y)(y)(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Smile:Hello if you buy the 584 you won't be disappointed , provided it all checks out ok, we have had our 584 for 9 years now, it's on a 2000 plate, and still love it as much as the day we bought it. for a van just under 6 meters you have loads of lounging space, a excellent bathroom usually with a separate shower, if it has not got a cooker it's amazing what you can cook on a skillet.

If you buy it and are at a rally and we are there please let's have a look and compare notes, they run beautifully, just let the oil warm up before you engage 5th gear a tip we picked up it helps the gear box.

Ps. It's known as the bar version and it does have one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
:Smile:Hello if you buy the 584 you won't be disappointed , provided it all checks out ok, we have had our 584 for 9 years now, it's on a 2000 plate, and still love it as much as the day we bought it. for a van just under 6 meters you have loads of lounging space, a excellent bathroom usually with a separate shower, if it has not got a cooker it's amazing what you can cook on a skillet.

If you buy it and are at a rally and we are there please let's have a look and compare notes, they run beautifully, just let the oil warm up before you engage 5th gear a tip we picked up it helps the gear box.

Ps. It's known as the bar version and it does have one.

Thanks guys, Carol there's a link in my first post, it has the shower, cooker and someone payed £600 to have the table hinged. thanks for the tip on the gearbox someone else said the linkage can seize as well. It is a right hand version, and as you know the door is on the left, how does the drivers window open?? also what is the floor under the carpets and what colour is it? (we don't do carpets:X3:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks guys, Carol there's a link in my first post, it has the shower, cooker and someone payed £600 to have the table hinged. thanks for the tip on the gearbox someone else said the linkage can seize as well. It is a right hand version, and as you know the door is on the left, how does the drivers window open?? also what is the floor under the carpets and what colour is it? (we don't do carpets:X3:)

Ours is a right hand version as well, just had a look at yours, it's a beauty and better than the one that has the fridge in the middle, got a cooker as well brilliant.

The window slides open, shuts with a catch going over but we have made a stick thing for extra security so the window can not be forced. The floor under the carpets are blue Lino type, I imagine yours will be as well.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Great stuff thanks Carol, blue thats our only bugbear we are not into Blue so may have to recover in time, anything to look out for, anything fell off?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No problems at all, nothing to complain about it does all we ask of it, went around Morocco over the mountain roads with out useing any Oil or a squeak out of it.(y)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Thanks Carol only other thing is we both like to relax on the settee at night but as there is only one how comfy is the chair? I'm hoping it is adjustable as well?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks Carol only other thing is we both like to relax on the settee at night but as there is only one how comfy is the chair? I'm hoping it is adjustable as well?

Oh no there are 3 very comfortable chairs the front two Captains chairs swivel around, the settee you pull out a touch and makes a very comfortable lounging settee, the 3 seats go any way you want and recline as well, we put the TV on the table, it's comfy there, you can keep the TV in the cupboard under the table. Lots of cupboard space in the van and the room in the underneath lockers we keep our baroque outside table and chairs and loads of other stuff in the outside lockers.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hey really pleased everything seems to have worked out, did think about you earlier when I was reading burstners thread about scams.

Looks a lovely m/h, feeling quite jealous!

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Oh no there are 3 very comfortable chairs the front two Captains chairs swivel around, the settee you pull out a touch and makes a very comfortable lounging settee, the 3 seats go any way you want and recline as well, we put the TV on the table, it's comfy there, you can keep the TV in the cupboard under the table. Lots of cupboard space in the van and the room in the underneath lockers we keep our baroque outside table and chairs and loads of other stuff in the outside lockers.

Hi Carol thanks for that, glad there is plenty of outside storage, is that another locker to the left of the step?

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hey really pleased everything seems to have worked out, did think about you earlier when I was reading burstners thread about scams.

Looks a lovely m/h, feeling quite jealous!

Thanks Deb
How is your search going? your after a Hymer as well I see.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Carol thanks for that, glad there is plenty of outside storage, is that another locker to the left of the step?

There is a locker running right across the back of the van which holds a lot, the locker by the step is usually a beany box which holds electric cable, water carriers and other bits it is waterproof it will hold 40 kilos.

When are you going to have a look at the van. :)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Thanks re lockers, Looking hopefully next weekend but all hinges on our buyers, they have paid a deposit but are out of the country at the mo and I'm just waiting for confirmation on when they are turning up, funnily enough they are from Scotland as well:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If I can work it out sometime this week will put some photos on with seats turned around, lockers etc and anything else , got to figure out how to resize my pictures first though.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Deb
How is your search going? your after a Hymer as well I see.

Hi, yep we are mostly lol. We have found the layout we like - 544 but with the l shape dinette which was an option so can't imagine there are too many around.

Also found with a similar layout
Mirage 5000 but concerned about spares availability
Rapido 9048 but seem out of our budget.

Also chelston have got a 584 but with 2 sofas, not seen this layout before, love it but we need a 3rd travel seat for occasional time daughter comes. This is more than we wanted to pay but will depend on px our c'van. I love it and it's only 2 yrs old but I know it'll be painful how much we'll lose on it.

Have been looking at your layout, I'd dismissed it because like you we want to be able to both lounge and I didn't like the fixed table. Great idea to hinge it - how many do you think would be able to eat at it?

Carols comments were really helpful - think we might be adding it back to the list lol.

We are also restricted on length 'cos of the drive and we're having widened at the mo as well so at least feel like something happening even tho it isn't IYSWIM.

We do have several dealers within 30 mins of us so I do keep popping in just incase there's an alternative layout. :(

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, yep we are mostly lol. We have found the layout we like - 544 but with the l shape dinette which was an option so can't imagine there are too many around.

Also found with a similar layout
Mirage 5000 but concerned about spares availability
Rapido 9048 but seem out of our budget.

Also chelston have got a 584 but with 2 sofas, not seen this layout before, love it but we need a 3rd travel seat for occasional time daughter comes. This is more than we wanted to pay but will depend on px our c'van. I love it and it's only 2 yrs old but I know it'll be painful how much we'll lose on it.

Have been looking at your layout, I'd dismissed it because like you we want to be able to both lounge and I didn't like the fixed table. Great idea to hinge it - how many do you think would be able to eat at it?

Carols comments were really helpful - think we might be adding it back to the list lol.

We are also restricted on length 'cos of the drive and we're having widened at the mo as well so at least feel like something happening even tho it isn't IYSWIM.

We do have several dealers within 30 mins of us so I do keep popping in just incase there's an alternative layout. :(

We had a look at a 5000 that was quite close to us, a realy nice van inside with a spacious feel to it but it looked and felt huge and more than a little ugly. not sure on the table at the mo will let you know if it all pans out. what van do you have at the moment?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It's a coachman pastiche 520 2012 - Les had a chance to take early retirement 3 years ago so we trawled all the shows and bought our first ever new caravan because we naively thought it'd be our last.....

But then the reality of retirement kicked in and there's all these fantastic things you can do when you're not tied up with having to go to work 5 days a week. As an aside - that was another reason I wasn't sure about the 584 - the fixed table and captains chair looked a little too much like a work station - came out in a cold sweat :rofl:

Hence the decision to change to a m/h. Think we're going to have a ride over to the Stafford show this weekend, never know what we might find!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yep appreciate that but it's all about compromise isn't it. Also given the fact that I don't tow think that a m/h would be right for us now.

We ended up thinking A class so that the cab area is made the most of and the drop down bed doesn't interfere with the rest of the living space. I don't want a fixed bed as I think they take up too much space in a small van and Les doesn't want to keep making the bed up.

Looking forward to seeing Carols pics.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Will post them tomorrow. :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Done my best this our 584 on a 2000 plate, some of the 584 models vary slightly but this is pretty much the standard 584
image.jpg
image.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tried to show the storage as it is just under 6 meters. The long locker across the back swallows more than you would think. The one pulled out is the Beany Box. , hope they are ok.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Carol, thanks for posting these - even though it's not my thread (y)

Didn't realise there was so much storage. Think the light carpets and worktops add to the spacious look. Les specially likes the furry seat covers - do they get a bit warm in the summer though :) Think we'd be fighting with the dogs if we had those:p

Hmm definitely add to the list.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Oops sorry wanted to ask how many can actually sit at the table to eat please?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sheepskin Covers from Skyeskins on the Isle of Skye, brilliant quality they keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer they work well and make very long journeys really comfortable.

The table expands and you can seat six around it, you need to use extra chairs for this although we have been know to have 11 people sitting in the van for drinks one evening.

Another point we always average between 25 and 30 mile per gallon. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back