LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone I’m looking to go and see a MH up in Bolton tomorrow; I’ve put a link to it to see what you good people think. Is this too good to be true; could this be a scam?
I’m a bit worried at how new the vehicle is and why he is selling it with only just over 1000 miles on the clock!

Any comments will be very welcome.

Best Wishes Tony

Broken Link Removed

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi Everyone I’m looking to go and see a MH up in Bolton tomorrow; I’ve put a link to it to see what you good people think. Is this too good to be true; could this be a scam?
I’m a bit worried at how new the vehicle is and why he is selling it with only just over 1000 miles on the clock!

Any comments will be very welcome.

Best Wishes Tony

Broken Link Removed
Looks straight enough to me , why not ask him why he's selling it?

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Only way to find out is to see it in the flesh and check out the seller. Prepare a list of questions before you go, otherwise you'll forget them once you see it, especially if you like it. Loads of info on here about what to ask and check sellers validity.

We bought a virtually new one privately and it worked out brilliantly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Interesting, for a moment I thought I knew the answer, a friend of ours who lived very close to Bolton sadly died a few weeks ago aged 60, he bought a brand new motorhome in September, and did 1000 miles due to lockdowns, his wife has just sold it to a dealer. It was not this Chausson, but a Burstner.....
Our neighbours bought an Elddis recently with 200 miles on the clock, , once again the owner of it has sadly passed away.... Good luck with the viewing , I hope I am not a jinx !

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Looks straight enough to me , why not ask him why he's selling it?
I will when I see him and the MH I will get a better Idea if I think there is something shady about the deal, I’m at Peterborough at the moment at the MH show, so about 114 miles away from Bolton.
Tony

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Doesn't look like a scam but need to find out why they are selling after such low mileage. Could be tried Motorhoming because of Covid but just didn't suit them.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Might be worth doing an HPI check, just in case there's a shady history. I would probably do one anyway it will show ownership and any outstanding finance.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Might be worth doing an HPI check, just in case there's a shady history. I would probably do one anyway it will show ownership and any outstanding finance.
Just done one all clear as far as experian found, on thing I will do is check the vin No with the v5 doc.
Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Does anyone have a link to a thread with questions I should ask; I’ve typed in buying questions and purchase questions but not a lot of help.
thanks Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back