What do you think of this? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to pay a (reasonable) fixed fee for a rally no matter how many nights you stay?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on cost

• Depends on venue

Results are only viewable after voting.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There is a possibility of me organising a rally next year very near a historic city - the rally would probably need to run Thursday to Tuesday and I would have to cover a fixed fee for the site (that part and the actual cost is still in discussion).

Would it be reasonable to ask people for a fixed fee for the rally no matter how many nights they stay? This would obviously make things much easier for me.

The venue has elsan and water but no other facilities.

The local commercial site is charging just over £25 a night in low season and much more at popular times.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I know that the Upton blues festival charges a set fee regardless how long you stay so it's not unheard of.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All music festivals do the same. A campervan ticket is a campervan ticket whether you stay one night or 4 nights.

Seems perfectly reasonable to do the same thing for a rally if the cost of the field needs covering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We’ve had to charge a fixed fee for our FFF Rally this year, purely to cover costs and we’ve got over 100 vans coming.....I don’t think it’s put people off? :D

I guess it depends on what is happening at the meet....

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
All music festivals do the same. A campervan ticket is a campervan ticket whether you stay one night or 4 nights.

Seems perfectly reasonable to do the same thing for a rally if the cost of the field needs covering.
Yes but the campervan ticket is in addition to the music ticket.

Like Car Fest which annoys me. Pay for camping which includes music. However if you want to take a campervan rather than a tent it's extra and it's not cheap. Campervan should be same price as tents not considerably more.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I agree, one price for all or it is a nightmare for the organisers.
Usually there is no problem filling a site rally if it is in a popular location, the issue i see is if it is in a field miles from anywhere then a lot will be put off.
On a local bus route, better.
By the sea, excellent.
Then there are those that need ehu due to health needs and those that expect ehu even if their batteries are ok (know what i mean).!!!
So where is it and can i put my name down before the madding crowds??? Ha.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Helen, the Pershore rally is a fixed fee, 7 night rally. If its within walking distance or very close to an interesting place then I think youll have no problems filling it :)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We’ve had to charge a fixed fee for our FFF Rally this year, purely to cover costs and we’ve got over 100 vans coming.....I don’t think it’s put people off? :D

I guess it depends on what is happening at the meet....

I think the £10 fee for FFF is very reasonable @lisa:rofl:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You need to cover costs so not an unreasonable request.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I agree, one price for all or it is a nightmare for the organisers.
Usually there is no problem filling a site rally if it is in a popular location, the issue i see is if it is in a field miles from anywhere then a lot will be put off.
On a local bus route, better.
By the sea, excellent.
Then there are those that need ehu due to health needs and those that expect ehu even if their batteries are ok (know what i mean).!!!
So where is it and can i put my name down before the madding crowds??? Ha.

On a bus route and closer in than the P&R (which has a height barrier). No ehu, just water and elsan - but anyone who wanted to would be able to use a genny for an hour or two at a time that would not disturb others :)

Sorry but the venue I am thinking of is not by the sea - I can't make a reveal until I have fixed dates and prices to see if it is viable :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes but the campervan ticket is in addition to the music ticket.

Like Car Fest which annoys me. Pay for camping which includes music. However if you want to take a campervan rather than a tent it's extra and it's not cheap. Campervan should be same price as tents not considerably more.

Don't agree. You're paying for the music not the camping. If you're in a tent that just happens to be part of it.

Campervans take up considerably more space and require dedicated fields.

At the festivals we go to there aren't even dedicated campsites for tents, they just find space inside the arena.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Helen, the Pershore rally is a fixed fee, 7 night rally. If its within walking distance or very close to an interesting place then I think youll have no problems filling it :)

@Debs Whilst I appreciate that I am quibbling with semantics on this, I have to disagree with you when you say that the Pershore Rally is a 'fixed fee' Rally.

Whilst there is a charge that everybody is paying, you will know that this rally was oversubscribed as soon as it became available for attendees to express their interest.

Had this not been so, (as in the case of another rally we are organising at Ebdon Bow) there was no question of us charging £77 to people who could not attend for the full week. Therefore, in my eyes, Pershore is not a fixed fee rally in the context that the OP was enquiring about.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Debs Whilst I appreciate that I am quibbling with semantics on this, I have to disagree with you when you say that the Pershore Rally is a 'fixed fee' Rally.

Whilst there is a charge that everybody is paying, you will know that this rally was oversubscribed as soon as it became available for attendees to express their interest.

Had this not been so, (as in the case of another rally we are organising at Ebdon Bow) there was no question of us charging £77 to people who could not attend for the full week. Therefore, in my eyes, Pershore is not a fixed fee rally in the context that the OP was enquiring about.

Yes probably you are, i've no idea and no issue at all with it Derek but you advertised a 7 day rally at a cost of £77, I've just re read what your original post said and can't see there's an option to pay less than £77 so in my mind (rightly or wrongly) its a fixed fee.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I don't know what dates your thinking of but Ive booked Millport for 6-10 June next year.(y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes probably you are, i've no idea and no issue at all with it Derek but you advertised a 7 day rally at a cost of £77, I've just re read what your original post said and can't see there's an option to pay less than £77 so in my mind (rightly or wrongly) its a fixed fee.

I appreciate the direction from which you are looking at this, However, I would point out that there is another way of looking at the OP. Whilst there was no option to pay anything other than £77, no one was given an option to stay less than seven nights either. I didn't use the term 'Fixed fee' either, because, in my mind, it was not a 'Fixed fee' rally. Indeed, those staying on the Monday are paying £11 for the night which is the same price per night as those staying the seven nights.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I don't know what dates your thinking of but Ive booked Millport for 6-10 June next year.(y)

Useful to know :) I am thinking later in June if the dates are available.

I think Kelso for a third year running would be too much so am looking for something a little further afield and with more to do :)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Put me down for Millport next year. Definately. Look forward 2 seeing you again and boiling up some Lobsters. This time on film!!! X
Then down South & Spain.

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Put me down for Millport next year. Definately. Look forward 2 seeing you again and boiling up some Lobsters. This time on film!!! X
Then down South & Spain.
I've not opened the list yet Chris and kayakers will get priority until we reach our minimum number. So if your up for kayaking..:rofl::rofl: I'm sure @DIL7983 or @Neilfg will show you how to clamber back in. LOL

SorryHelen, never realised I was replying on your thread.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi, rally sounds good, we would be interested and also @DIL7983 might be. Definitely have no problem with paying a fixed fee,
Cheers
MicknMew

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Dont know how this type of thing works but if you cant do all the days you could probably let whoever buys a place offer an option to sell off a couple of days if not required.

It would probably interest more people in a fixed price if they have an option to resell the days they dont want but you would have to number parking slots which may or may not make life easier.

I've done trips where you pay for a place if you cant make it you still pay or find someone to take your place and it is always paid in advance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back