What do you do with the van when not using it (1 Viewer)

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Just wondering what people recommend….

You have solar on your van, you park it outside your house in a fairly sunny spot next to a EHU. Do you leave it to keep the batteries topped up using the solar or do you leave it connected to the EHU whilst it is not being used?

And if in winter, do you (assuming you have electric option on your heating), set the heating to come on low overnight?

Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
In the winter if I'm not away in it I have a de-humidifier which I stand on the sink unit I let drain into sink and leave the drain tap open, this keeps it both dry as well as warm. I have it connected to a plug timer so it comes on for a couple of hours 3 times a day.
That's a good shout, must attach a pipe to ours to save having to empty it every few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

What do you do with the van when not using it,......... suggestions for those who do not know what to do with it maybe reverse engineering would help so you could use it as an Ambulance or for bread deliveries or selling ice cream ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
We leave ours plugged in on the drive - sometimes its used by the kids to play in, for sleepovers, or when we run out of bedrooms at New Year. Sometimes we'll use it for day trips at weekends, not just holidays. After a frozen shower mixer tap cracked, we're scrupulous about running off all water from the pipework when not in use.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Sloped driveway, also put the small blocks under the front to create even better rain run-off, plug it into the garage and leave a dehumidifier running. Everything drained, taps open. Blinds closed and security posts up. Looking for undercover storage for winter so better buy a battery charger next. Will leave heater on low in winter if it gets very cold as dehumidifier shuts off.

The storage site has nice 'Sausage' kerbs at the front of the pitches.

So I reverse in and leave the front wheels on the top of the sausage. No nasty pressure points on the tyres but helps drain the roof.

The van sticks out a little but never had a complaint and nownoticing more people doing it, not that it rains at the moment.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back