What do you call yours (and why)? (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
The previous owner of our 'van named it Polly and even has this on the front of the bonnet.This is our 4th. 'van. We refer to the others as TK (Kon-Tiki) DK (Dakota) and Tribby (Tribute) Helps to identify which 'van we might be discussing!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Vala MalodorVan [it was a bit smelly when bought] a 'pun' on one of my favourite characters from 'Stargate'- Vala Maldoran..... Vala.

claudia-black.jpg

Feb 14, 2018
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner PVC OEM+
Exp
Since 2010
We had named ours before we even picked him up (although we said it could still change if it didnā€™t fit) but it hasnā€™t. Iā€™ve checked all the posts and am surprised nobody else hasnā€™t called theirs the same! Or admitted to this what others find weird thing of naming vehicles, bikes, boatsā€¦

Duke (ducato)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I donā€™t name vehicles and find it very odd when people quote the name to you, like you should know the name of their vehicle. Most exciting I get is ā€œvanā€

Sorry, Iā€™m boring. But like your husbandā€™s naming. šŸ‘ŒšŸ»šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
I often refer to our as ā€œThe Beastā€ but a friendly one! Reason being is the size of it stands out in our street. I usually tell visitors to look for the large (height wise) motorhome in the front.

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
First one was Annie (Autohomes Avalon). 2nd, Lucy, (Swift Lifestyle), 3rd was an Elddis Firestorm bought from Rosehill M'homes so became Rosie - also, I adore Katherine Hepburn and African Queen is my all time favourite film (if you don't make the connection, look it up) and the current one (boringly but shortage of names starting with H) is Hattie (Hymer). And it's my birthday today so no rude comments allowed....

OP
OP
WednVegas
Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
First one was Annie (Autohomes Avalon). 2nd, Lucy, (Swift Lifestyle), 3rd was an Elddis Firestorm bought from Rosehill M'homes so became Rosie - also, I adore Katherine Hepburn and African Queen is my all time favourite film (if you don't make the connection, look it up) and the current one (boringly but shortage of names starting with H) is Hattie (Hymer). And it's my birthday today so no rude comments allowed....
Happy birthday and also love a bit of Hepburn both Audrey and KatharinešŸ™‚

Sep 10, 2018
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Pilote P600
Exp
Since 2018
Our first taste of motorhoming was in New Zealand with a rental Carado, we called her Carrie as she carried us around. She also got called other names due to the erratic Comfort-matic gearbox (grrrrrrrr!)
We now have a Pilote, named Amy, after Amy Johnson (1903-1941). Une Pilote Extraordinaire!
She was born in Yorkshire (as was my wife) and graduated from Sheffield University as did I.

1634550320305.png

Also our dog is named Tilley (as in the lamp) because she brightens up our lives. šŸ™‚

Jun 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
ours is a autohomes wanderer that weve had from new since 1999 over the years we have been away home and abroad with our children and grand children and they call it the happy wanderer.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We were fortunate to have our first (and only) van from new. We anxiously waited for the delivery date wondering what the reg number was going to be so we could give it a name. We had called our car Venezuela for that very reason.
When we finally got our van, we were stumped for a name as Bosnia - Herzegovina didn't slip off the tongue so well! She remains nameless! :giggler:

OP
OP
WednVegas
Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
We were fortunate to have our first (and only) van from new. We anxiously waited for the delivery date wondering what the reg number was going to be so we could give it a name. We had called our car Venezuela for that very reason.
When we finally got our van, we were stumped for a name as Bosnia - Herzegovina didn't slip off the tongue so well! She remains nameless! :giggler:
Yep we have the same problem, nothing on the number plate to useā˜¹ļø and still stumped and the van nameless.
I have really enjoyed reading all the posts and van names thoughšŸ¤£

May 7, 2017
Ripon
Funster No
MH
LeisureDrive Vivante
Exp
We are due to pick up our new (to us) Benimar Mileo 286 next week. Whilst walking the dog this morning we were pondering and struggling to come up with a name for the van. Our previous van was called The escape pod, as we used it to escape the daily work grind but as we have now joined the retired and broke community we thought of naming the new van something with a Spanish flair. I know not everyone names their van but we like the idea of giving it a bit of an identity. My husband suddenly stopped and with a straight face suggested calling it ā€˜Underpantsā€™ and when I looked at him as if he was mad, he said it was apt because it will contain 2 old farts and a little Sh*t! (The dog)
Needless to say we will not be calling it that, the dog is much better behaved than he used to be, but it got me thinking about why people name their vans and if there are any particular reasons.
So come on, fess up and name names!
Dinky because I have downsized

KimSteve

Free Member
Apr 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Luna Roadstar 2004
We are due to pick up our new (to us) Benimar Mileo 286 next week. Whilst walking the dog this morning we were pondering and struggling to come up with a name for the van. Our previous van was called The escape pod, as we used it to escape the daily work grind but as we have now joined the retired and broke community we thought of naming the new van something with a Spanish flair. I know not everyone names their van but we like the idea of giving it a bit of an identity. My husband suddenly stopped and with a straight face suggested calling it ā€˜Underpantsā€™ and when I looked at him as if he was mad, he said it was apt because it will contain 2 old farts and a little Sh*t! (The dog)
Needless to say we will not be calling it that, the dog is much better behaved than he used to be, but it got me thinking about why people name their vans and if there are any particular reasons.
So come on, fess up and name names!
Ours is Malcolm, named in honour of Kims dad who previously owned it before he passed on.

Oct 2, 2021
Wales
Funster No
MH
hitop
Exp
Not long!
We named our first MH after the number plate and the two that followed also got the same name. Itā€™s a bit like Dr Who regenerating it might look and sound different, but itā€™s still the same. Anyhow, truly in all innocence, we named it BJ. It has been pointed out more than once that there is a certain activity with the same initials, but BJ it was and BJ it is.
Ahh yes ..
My go to when describing the man responsible for keeping us safe.

Bettsy

Free Member
Mar 9, 2019
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT570 Crossov
Exp
since 2018
Mine is called Sanity. Purchased after the death of mum and me moving in look after my dad, she provided me with hours of ā€œsanityā€ and a break from 24/7 caring. Now that dad has passed I am planning trips, some of which will be dreamed by family to be in sanity šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back