What do people need to know about wild camping? (1 Viewer)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just watched all three videos and they are the sort of Motorhome videos I like to watch and follow - "My adventures doing Pub Stop Overs", just like the "All the Aires" videos around, rather than advertising pub stops. We use the BritStop scheme, but it is nice to see the local areas as well as often we turn up and the dog walking isn't very good, so we end up walking the streets. I like the addition of local attractions available from the Pub. You've got the title of your channel right; "A Motorhome Life of Hank and Marvin" cos that exactly what they are about. Nice set of videos; keep em cumin"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Relaxing in my centrally heated (or air cooled) van with its bathroom and shower and kitchen, with hot and cold running water, and media centre and fridge freezer (and more) has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with "CAMPING".

I am an "Off-Site Motorhomer".

JJ :cool:

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
It's a little disappointing to see negative comments when some effort is clearly going in to providing an additional resource for us all to use. As for feedback, an idea of the size of MH that can access the parking would be very useful.

I've subscribed.. looking forward to more content on the channel!

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I really enjoyed watching your videos and I have subscribed to your channel.
My only comment would be to show more of the parking area so I could get an idea of how comfortable I would feel staying there.
I particularly appreciated the chats with the landlords/ ladies so I know I am definitely welcome to stay.
Hopefully as people stay at the pubs they will add to the comments keeping all the information up to date.
Hopefully you’ll start heading north soon.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Wow, what is the matter with you guys? Someone makes a genuine effort, provides some good quality videos of pubs you can stay over at and get a good meal and you seem to want to talk about the definition of Wild Camping, whether it has been done before and make assumptions about someone getting free meal.

Personally I am happy with "thank you for this added resource, I will pop the names and address in my notebook and will probably use them when I am passing" - in fact, as I type this and having just received my BRILLIANT 2020 Britstops book, I am going to note them in there because it is one of the first resources I go to when going away.

Owzat!

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just watched all three videos and they are the sort of Motorhome videos I like to watch and follow - "My adventures doing Pub Stop Overs", just like the "All the Aires" videos around, rather than advertising pub stops. We use the BritStop scheme, but it is nice to see the local areas as well as often we turn up and the dog walking isn't very good, so we end up walking the streets. I like the addition of local attractions available from the Pub. You've got the title of your channel right; "A Motorhome Life of Hank and Marvin" cos that exactly what they are about. Nice set of videos; keep em cumin"
Thank you. Hoping to go away this weekend and make the forth.

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
It's a little disappointing to see negative comments when some effort is clearly going in to providing an additional resource for us all to use. As for feedback, an idea of the size of MH that can access the parking would be very useful.

I've subscribed.. looking forward to more content on the channel!
Thank you.
That's a really Good point - I'll certainly add that

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Just watched one of your videos and thought it was good :)

I think it's a good idea that could grow into a useful resource. Reading about what a pub stop is like is useful, but seeing it is more useful IMO. Subbed :)

I would say things that are useful to know are (in no order and off the top of my head):
Food and drink
Friendliness
Dog friendly
If there are any facilities like water or emptying water
How quiet the area is at night
How secure you felt the car park was
What to do in the area.

Look forward to more videos
(y)

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just watched one of your videos and thought it was good :)

I think it's a good idea that could grow into a useful resource. Reading about what a pub stop is like is useful, but seeing it is more useful IMO. Subbed :)

I would say things that are useful to know are (in no order and off the top of my head):
Food and drink
Friendliness
Dog friendly
If there are any facilities like water or emptying water
How quiet the area is at night
How secure you felt the car park was
What to do in the area.

Look forward to more videos
(y)
Thank you. I really Appreciate that. Notes taken

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You are a bit spoilt for choice of nice pubs and places to stay in Essex some say gods own county. I'm not a wild camper but found your video's interesting and enjoyable. Well done hope they continue. (y)

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
You are a bit spoilt for choice of nice pubs and places to stay in Essex some say gods own county. I'm not a wild camper but found your video's interesting and enjoyable. Well done hope they continue. (y)
Thank you ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have just found time to watch your first 3 videos. Very nice, but a little extra info on access and the layout of the carpark would be very helpful.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The only people calling it gods country are the people who have never been to Yorkshire.???.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Relaxing in my centrally heated (or air cooled) van with its bathroom and shower and kitchen, with hot and cold running water, and media centre and fridge freezer (and more) has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with "CAMPING".
I am an "Off-Site Motorhomer".
JJ :cool:
Here is your opportunity JJ the football season is about to end the perfect time to get your video out and show us free loaders just what it is like to live with such opulence around you. ;) :giggle: Dust off the silver service and get clicking.....(y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
OK, just watched the 3 videos - brilliantly done! Informative, clear, lovely presentation!
I agree though that for motorhomers, maybe a bit more about access, feeling of security, level-ness (?) of pitching etc.
Good on yer Hankandmarvin - keep on doing what you enjoy!

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
I have enjoyed the videos and bravo! Regardless of what is said by others, good bad or indifferent-- it takes a fair bit of gusto to do and put forward. I remember doing a radio show and hearing my voice, I see why the other half now looks at me the way she does. Joking apart, well done and good luck. (y)(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, we went out and tried the Bricklayers Arms in Chipstead for lunch and we really liked it. The Harveys beer was kept well (most important) and the food was excellent. Nothing too fancy, but some good takes on classic pub food. And the prices were cheap, bearing in mind that this is not only in the South East of England but also only a mile or so from Sevenoaks which is stockbroker country.

If you are thinking of taking a motorhome the car parking overlooks the lake, but the parking bays are short so you will not get anything in more than about 7m long. Looks like it will get full in the evenings (they were putting out the reserved signs when we left) so best to get there mid afternoon to be sure of a place in the car park. You also need to go slowly on the road from the A25 as it is narrow with lots of parked cars.

It was packed for lunch, which is unusual for a Tuesday. And the right age group for most funsters. We will be using it again.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Well I've subscribed, just carry on doing what you enjoy and I'm sure you'll soon have quite a following.
Look forward to seeing more reviews. Well done you (y). The only thing I could add is access for bigger units as when we use a Britstop I usually google earth it first to assess the approach. Happy travels and hello to Marvin:Smile:

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just found time to watch your first 3 videos. Very nice, but a little extra info on access and the layout of the carpark would be very helpful.
Will do, thank you

OP
OP
Hankandmarvin

Hankandmarvin

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Cclass swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well, we went out and tried the Bricklayers Arms in Chipstead for lunch and we really liked it. The Harveys beer was kept well (most important) and the food was excellent. Nothing too fancy, but some good takes on classic pub food. And the prices were cheap, bearing in mind that this is not only in the South East of England but also only a mile or so from Sevenoaks which is stockbroker country.

If you are thinking of taking a motorhome the car parking overlooks the lake, but the parking bays are short so you will not get anything in more than about 7m long. Looks like it will get full in the evenings (they were putting out the reserved signs when we left) so best to get there mid afternoon to be sure of a place in the car park. You also need to go slowly on the road from the A25 as it is narrow with lots of parked cars.

It was packed for lunch, which is unusual for a Tuesday. And the right age group for most funsters. We will be using it again.
I'm thrilled that you thought it was good. I had a wonderful evening, glad it came in handy for you

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just watched the three videos thats another three stops that won't be availability next year as soume one will take the piss and rune it for every one what funsters yes funsters motorhomers and wild campers your better just keeping them to your shelf
bill

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Great idea, well done.

I would be wary about posting anything online that gives away my home address.

Not sure when asking for feedback you meant about the content, and/or the filming. So please feel free to ignore the following........Just my opinions......

One of my pet hates in videos is when the camera is constantly on the move. There are times when the camera needs to stay still and let things happen in front of it.

The speed ramps are for me too many and often too fast. A long shot and then a close up, can show what needs to be shown without a speeded up shot of the whole distance (hope this makes sense). Makes the whole video (and the editing) a bit shorter too.

Sound quality is more important some would argue than video quality. When talking to the camera, especially in noisy environments a cheap lavalier microphone would improve the sound enormously.

You are doing a great job. keep it up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back