LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having downsized to a panel van from American RVs and large European motorhomes (sometimes owning 2 at once), I have now a garage bursting at the seams with motorhome related paraphernalia. I need to get rid of this stuff well before next summer, so a fun meet is out of the question. I have no time for car boots and certainly no inclination to stand out in the cold at this time of year. Ebay is not an option because of postage costs and no time parcelling everything up. Any suggestions as to what to do with about 1.5 tons of cannot live without motorhoming stuff, ranging from expensive chairs to levelling ramps and everything in between.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Have a garage sale. 1 day collect only. Wish I lived nearer

Ps I know it's ridiculous o'clock but I am in Australia on holiday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Presume you'd be using it yourself but would any of it be useful in a self conversion?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If I lived nearer I would have fun selling it at local car boot sale.

You need to nake some sort of effort to sell it. Buyers can arrange collection if you post some photos. Lets see what you have.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Gumtree. People look locally so are prepared to collect.
And as suggestions above, which are all good.

If you're not bothered about monetary return, donate to local charity/ charities who will collect from you.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
If you really can't be bothered to sell it just pop it along to a charity shop..

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Dave what happens when you change your van again and need most of the stuff you are getting rid of. :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Eeek::rofl::rofl::rofl::doh:

8178.jpg

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It is impossible to post a list, there is just to much of it. I have a man coming to help me load it all into my box trailer today. I will then take a photo and you will see my predicament. As I will not be using the trailer till next year I could leave it all in there until someone has a bring and sell meet next summer. There must be thousands of pounds worth of cannot live without junk in there accumulated through many years of travel.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Dave are you in sunny climes Easter (April) if you are in UK you could just bring it all to the Chester Meet at Easter ( April 2017). in the trailer, usually we have 100 vans there plus lots of other clubs, you could sell it there.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just leave all your stolen hubcaps out in the street....(I know, I know, chucking a 50 year old habit is HARD....):cry: That will get rid of a ton, and rest assured, in Liverpool, there will be no hubcaps left in the street next morning!. ;)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave are you in sunny climes Easter (April) if you are in UK you could just bring it all to the Chester Meet at Easter ( April 2017). in the trailer, usually we have 100 vans there plus lots of other clubs, you could sell it there.

Great idea Carol. I have no idea where I will be after the end of January, but if I can leave it until a couple of weeks before I have to book then that would be the perfect solution. Other than that if there are any new motorhomers in the Liverpool area that require just about everything to set up a travelling circus please contact me.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why not leave the trailer parked in Liverpool somewhere?

It and its contents will be gone within the hour...

Sorted.

JJ :cool:

With a church deacon on one side and an ex notorious gangster on the other we are covered for most eventualities here JJ. Am like a rose between two thorns, nothing goes missing here, believe me :cool:..

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Snowbird, I'm just over the water, don't spose there's a drop down table in there that'd fit a smallish van conversion is there?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Great idea Carol. I have no idea where I will be after the end of January, but if I can leave it until a couple of weeks before I have to book then that would be the perfect solution. Other than that if there are any new motorhomers in the Liverpool area that require just about everything to set up a travelling circus please contact me.

If you decide to do that we could make it known before hand that things can be brought to Buy/Sell. (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
take pics as you load the trailer mate..
Get a couple of items a day ( or whatever ) listed on here.. Collect only.. job done

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Well it seems loads of people are willing to help, all you need to do is go to the trouble of actually telling folk what you have.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016

Is there a Chester Meet in 2017 Carol... ? It's not in the scheduled rallies section that I could see. We'd very much like to come and meet up with everyone that we saw last year and perhaps arrange for the sun to make an appearance this time... :D

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Snowbird, I'm just over the water, don't spose there's a drop down table in there that'd fit a smallish van conversion is there?

If you mean an outside table, yes there is a very expensive Dutch one with fold up legs that each leg is adjustable in length for uneven ground. If its any use come and pick it up and give me £25 for it. A saving of well over £100 on new. I know there is at least 4 sets of levelling ramps, 5 hookup leads, 4 outside chairs including a Crespo recliner with matching footstool, etc, etc, etc, etc. Am just going to load it all into the trailer today and forget about it until I return to the UK next spring.

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back