What do folks think about Concorde motorhomes? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We bought a second hand Concorde Carver from Southdowns last year and we are very impressed by both.
The Concorde is built to last with top quality materials and workmanship.
Southdowns have been there when I needed them.
At the end of our trip to Bordeaux last summer we had a warning light come on.
Southdowns replied promptly to my emails then Andy Bottle the work shop manager diagnosed over the phone that the problem was the rear air suspension.
The experts for this are Iveco so it was decided that it was easier for us to have it looked at by Haynes Trucks in Ashford who are the nearest Iveco garage to Eurotunnel.
It turned out to be a fuse!!! But it took an hour to diagnose!
The work was carried out under the southdowns 12 month warranty -
I had other "faults" which turned out to be "operator error" (I didn't know how to do it!!) and they were always helpful and patient each time I rang..
Yes you can buy cheaper in Grrmany but I am very glad we bought from Southdowns as there support has made all the difference .

How would German support be any different.....

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
How would German support be any different.....

I wonder about the after sales support.

One of the reasons we're thinking of changing is because the dealership is so far away and with a long list of snags still unresolved we're far from pleased.

If you buy from Germany can you get support from the UK dealerships if you buy Hymer or Concorde? Also, can you buy RHD vehicles there?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

One of the reasons we're thinking of changing is because the dealership is so far away and with a long list of snags still unresolved we're far from pleased.

If you buy from Germany can you get support from the UK dealerships if you buy Hymer or Concorde? Also, can you buy RHD vehicles there?

Hymer yes and why we will probably go for one over the Carthago. Will have to check where you live but in SE Hymer not a problem. Other brands don't seem to inforce their own pan European warranty's, shameful behaviour to be honest and totally illegal..

Have always had great support from euro dealers. Even when things have gone wrong abroad. They trade on reputation as its a very competitive market? Messaged last week lost sink plug, pack of 4 in post that week no charge,

someone on globecar forum wanted new set of vinyl stickers last week. UK quote £750 I put him in touch with german dealer £200 delivered. So the uk dealer has lost his trade for ever....

Madness buying anything here IMO

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Have you tried going to the factory at Polch, if you are not happy with TW, might be cheaper than changing the van.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

You have mentioned Southdowns, when I was researching I spoke at length with them on the Carthago and the Concorde options we were considering. We did not go that route but had we the chance of getting a better deal was likely because they made the deal in Euros if you wanted, so you could take the currency risk. Whereas TW for example did the deal in Euros, then applied their own very inferior exchange rate which was non negotiable. So in my case they offered me 5% discount on the Euro package, then said you must pay in sterling at their arbitrary exchange rate that was 7% worse than I could get at the time. So I would end up paying 2% more than Fritz in Berlin before he even asked for a discount! So my choice was in effect made for me. AND I do not regret it. Just met a guy on this site who bought an Arto from the same German dealer as me. Had a leaking pipe and went to TW. After 4 hours they said 2 weeks to get parts and then maybe another 2 weeks to fit it in. This was a simple piece of drainage pipe under the shower. So he went to Polch. They did it and loads of other stuff in 4 hours.
However if you start looking in Germany and get a deal, you can take it to the UK dealer and say match it at least you would know how much you are paying for the warranty? (waste of time with TW they have all had a lobotomy)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Our next van will probably be sourced/bought in Germany or Belgium unless we find a cracking private one for sale like our current one was.
Uk prices are a joke as is after sales service. Haven't used a UK dealer for the last 6 years cannot justify their prices or attitude.
Our van is serviced at the local truck depot and any bits we need by the likes of D Newell etc.
Wouldn't entertain a RHD as we do 90 percent of our travelling abroad so always buy LHD in fact turned down a beautiful S820 at the right price for that very reason.
UK dealers just don't seem to have the same customer focus as their European counterparts, captured market I suppose.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We would want to trade in our MH. It's a RHD Niesmann Bischoff. Would German dealers be interested? I'm guessing that we'd loose a lot of money in that MHs on the continent have a lower purchase price.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We would want to trade in our MH. It's a RHD Niesmann Bischoff. Would German dealers be interested? I'm guessing that we'd loose a lot of money in that MHs on the continent have a lower purchase price.
I would think trading a RHD in Europe would be impossible, at any price, one reason to have LHD, but as we do all of our travelling in Europe LHD was our choice before we even decided on the MH or dealer.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, thought it would be a problem. I guess the only way is to sell in UK first privately then look on the continent. I can't see us doing that though. Oh well.... Something to bear in mind for the future.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes, thought it would be a problem. I guess the only way is to sell in UK first privately then look on the continent. I can't see us doing that though. Oh well.... Something to bear in mind for the future.

yours should be easy to sell privately....

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Don't think I'd fancy EBay.

best way to get to a big audience quickly and cheaply....£15 for a classified add

let me have all the details on your van by PM and what you want and I will see if i can get a quote for you.. no promises but if you dont ask you dont get:)

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back