What Counts As Living Abroad ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The onus is on you , which means ensure that you purchase fuel /food,etc; using a credit/debit card. Obviously keep hold of your original ferry or tunnel tickets. Anything will do that categorically proves you haven't been there continuously.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Guz The way I read I. It was residency in a region of Spain. ie. Murcia, Almeria etc. for 90 days, then you had to register.

If you move about then you are not resident in any one region for that period. If you book onto a campsite then you are resident there, but moving from Aire to Aire as far as I understood didn't count.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Guz The way I read I. It was residency in a region of Spain. ie. Murcia, Almeria etc. for 90 days, then you had to register.

If you move about then you are not resident in any one region for that period. If you book onto a campsite then you are resident there, but moving from Aire to Aire as far as I understood didn't count.
The actual EU regulation is 90 days in a country regardless of which region. It is all a nonsense in reality. No one ever gave a thought to people wandering about for months on end . :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The actual EU regulation is 90 days in a country regardless of which region. It is all a nonsense in reality. No one ever gave a thought to people wandering about for months on end . :LOL:
... do you suppose that the large number of Somali etc migrants have registered ... some have probably been there for years! Somehow I doubt it!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dare say half the ex uk pats havent registered either. but lets hope the borders get tighter and they cant get back in uk either. if you have been out more than six months you cant come back , hee hee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back