What colour is my Hymer? (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
For the sake of £15 to try the renovator and a 5 minute test to see if it’s worth while I would give it a go, made a massive difference to the discoloured/dull gel coat sections on mine.
Yes I will thank you.

Reactions: M-J
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes it is GRP, ours is the same van and at just over 3 yrs old it’s yellowing all ready I did a clean up with 3m gel coat restorer but it hasn’t got all the yellowing out and you need to be careful not to rub down to far I then gave it a polish with Autoglym resin polish then a coat of colonite wax 😊
I didn’t think autoglym resin polish was good for grp, the aluminium bits yes but not the grp?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I didn’t think autoglym resin polish was good for grp, the aluminium bits yes but not the grp?
You may be correct I have not really researched what polish is best on GRP🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
The Vin plate will identify the actual vehicle and from there you can get the paint spec - however the grp panels surrounding it will have changed colour slightly even after a couple of years so best to have it analysed.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The Vin plate will identify the actual vehicle and from there you can get the paint spec - however the grp panels surrounding it will have changed colour slightly even after a couple of years so best to have it analysed.
I think the VIN relates to the Fiat/mercedes side of things,on ours there is a plate on the outside with Hymer build number that is what you need, however ours is quoted as Carrara white and doesn’t match ours at all🤔

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Think the white is bad ?

Then you should have the Champagne colour, the UV degradation is bad, I had a small bump on front corner and needed a respray. The body shop checked all over the van and came up with 4 different colour codes. He rubbed down the afflicted panel and decided he had to re spray all of the panel due to paint degradation. he said he'd not seen anything that bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back