what class is my motorhome ?? fiat ace milano (1 Viewer)

Rob70

Free Member
Mar 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
fiat ace milano
hi, so i have a 2005 Fiat milano ace Motorhome, it is now time for its MOT and as im ringing round MOT centers, they are asking me what CLASS it is.. i think its a class 4 ... but not sure, ???
it is 3400Kg permissible laden weight ..20ft 3 inches long, 7 ft 3" wide 9 ft 10" high
any help pleeeeese ?? thanks :O)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Yes it is class 4 for MOT's

Try your local council as they can normally MOT larger vehicles at their MOT facility.

Where are you in the country as there is bound to be a Funster that knows of an MOT station local to you that can take your MH.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rob70

Rob70

Free Member
Mar 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
fiat ace milano
thanks guys , i am in Glasgow, so if anyone knows a good MOT place that wont try to rip me off, that would be great (y)

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just had mine done 50% off for first time, £27 something. So full price is around the £55 mark.forgot to add, class 4.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rob70

Rob70

Free Member
Mar 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
fiat ace milano
its not the test price im worried about id pay ANY fair price for that.. its more them making things up to hike the price up.. ive hear some horror stories when it comes to motorhomes.. even my last CAR MOT was a nightmare, my regular garage was too bust so i tries Kwikfit :rolleyes: they wanted £550 for new brakes on a 02 yaris worth £250.. i declined, 1 week later my regular place did it for £90 inc test.. but that garage is not big enough for the motorhome... so im just worried about some other charlatans trying to sting me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
its not the test price im worried about id pay ANY fair price for that.. its more them making things up to hike the price up.. ive hear some horror stories when it comes to motorhomes.. even my last CAR MOT was a nightmare, my regular garage was too bust so i tries Kwikfit :rolleyes: they wanted £550 for new brakes on a 02 yaris worth £250.. i declined, 1 week later my regular place did it for £90 inc test.. but that garage is not big enough for the motorhome... so im just worried about some other charlatans trying to sting me.

I go to a MOT station that only does MOT, not repairs and can accomodate coaches over an inspection pit, not a lift. I have been going there for 6-7 years and they do not look for silly things. Charge £50 for our MH, which has not gone up for years.

Look for similar. Phone your local coach/bus company for a recommendation.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Here's the booking form for the Glasgow City Council MOT testing station.

They will be testing all their own vehicles including dustcarts, so should be able to take the size of your MH. (y)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Here's the booking form for the Glasgow City Council MOT testing station.

They will be testing all their own vehicles including dustcarts, so should be able to take the size of your MH. (y)

I have never been happy with the concept of the government authorising MOT Test Centres to test vehicles they own - vested interests.

Geoff

Upvote 0

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
IF Ayr isn't too far for you to go, then Tams Brig MOT centre are as fair as they come.
They DO NOT work on vehicles, its only MOT testing so they're never work hunting on a vehicle & that makes them superb IMHO.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks guys , i am in Glasgow, so if anyone knows a good MOT place that wont try to rip me off, that would be great (y)
As already said, search Google for your local council depot. If they MOT their own vehicles they are obliged to offer the same to the public and as they don't do repairs they have no incentive to fail. Only drawback they charge full price.... Around £50 now.
I travelled 40 miles to get mine done each year as our local council don't do Mots.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rob70

Rob70

Free Member
Mar 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
fiat ace milano
just an update, went to Motorworx in Anniesland industrial estate glasgow.. and it passed [:nice:]
thanks for all your input, cheers Rob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back