What can I spend my pocket money on at the Lincs Show? (1 Viewer)

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
It’s extremely unlikely we’ll have a MH by the time the Lincoln show comes around, but we’re going as day visitors.

As soon-to-be MH owners, what do Funsters suggest I spend my pocket money on?

Our new hobby (searching for a MH) has so far accumulated:
Membership to MHF (£20)
Moisture Meter (£55)

Anything fun, useful, or essential I need to take home with me?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I bought a soupmaker from a stall at the Lincs show as a day visitor a few years ago... excellent purchase.

I also bought a Firepal extinguisher at the same show - luckily I've never found out if it was a good buy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Take lots of pictures, note book and pen, so if you do see something you like, it's easier to have info to refer to, also if you get the chance, lie down on the beds, sit on the loo, things sometimes look good, but that don't make them pratical, to suit your needs?... ENJOY ::bigsmile:

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
It’s extremely unlikely we’ll have a MH by the time the Lincoln show comes around, but we’re going as day visitors.

Membership to MHF (£20)
Moisture Meter (£55)

A van

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Membership to MHF (£20)
Moisture Meter (£55)

Come over to where the funsters are camped, if not here already. Look for Ozzie the Osprey and funsters flag - always a warm welcome.

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Knowledge. Look at every van you can find and the imagine living in it. Then check the payload…. Then sleep on it. For a few nights. Take your time…..
Oh yes, definitely the number one reason for us to visit.

Is it acceptable to stroll through the camp site, or do we just stick to the main area and look around the dealers?

(for ref, if you see a couple walking around with a 5 month golden Labrador puppy in a red harness (the dog, not me), please say hello!)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh yes, definitely the number one reason for us to visit.

Is it acceptable to stroll through the camp site, or do we just stick to the main area and look around the dealers?

(for ref, if you see a couple walking around with a 5 month golden Labrador puppy in a red harness (the dog, not me), please say hello!)
You will be more than welcome by everybody ….. come over…

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If you've saved up enough pocket money you might be able to afford some nuts from the stall, I filled a small bag once after we were conned into tasting one,

I haven't slept properly since then and that was 2009.

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
I bought a soupmaker from a stall at the Lincs show as a day visitor a few years ago... excellent purchase.

I also bought a Firepal extinguisher at the same show - luckily I've never found out if it was a good buy.
Good suggestions. Have a soup maker at the back of the cupboard somewhere. It was great for the two weeks we used it… now I remember we have this I’ll dig it out, for another two weeks most likely.. it’s somewhere behind the sandwich toaster I think…

I bought all my close family a fire extinguisher recently… such a small inexpensive thing can have a dramatic impact should it ever been needed. I’ll look and pick one up for my car while I’m there… got one for the wife’s car, but my order for fire extinguishers was getting silly so didn’t get myself one at the time.

May 14, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Salesman at Lowdhams said at the weekend that they don't know if they will be attending the show, as they have zero stock worth talking about.

Merdymort

Free Member
Sep 6, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7063f
Exp
Recently changed from Transit Campervan

Membership to MHF (£20)
Moisture Meter (£55)

Which moisture meter did you go for please? Also in the market and off to Lincs show in hopes of inspiration :)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

Membership to MHF (£20)
Moisture Meter (£55)

If you see something, anything, Google it to see if it’s cheaper elsewhere. Being new to this ourselves, we’ve saved a fortune that way.

Some items, like our thermal screen cover, we purchased at a show as the prices are the same online. However, we saved on the postage. (y)

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Which moisture meter did you go for please? Also in the market and off to Lincs show in hopes of inspiration :)
Got an Extech MO55 £55 Amazon. It’s both pinless and pins. Great if you don’t want to poke holes in things!

Good luck at the show!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good suggestions. Have a soup maker at the back of the cupboard somewhere. It was great for the two weeks we used it… now I remember we have this I’ll dig it out, for another two weeks most likely.. it’s somewhere behind the sandwich toaster I think…

I bought all my close family a fire extinguisher recently… such a small inexpensive thing can have a dramatic impact should it ever been needed. I’ll look and pick one up for my car while I’m there… got one for the wife’s car, but my order for fire extinguishers was getting silly so didn’t get myself one at the time.
Most MHs have a fitted extinguisher but not a fire blanket, that was our last show purchase.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back