What can I ride? (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have a full bike licence. Passed in 1965, but never rode at all after 1969. When I decided I wanted a scooter for the motorhome I decided I really needed a refresher. And my wife was also nervous as a pillion passenger because she had not done that since the 60s too. We contacted a CBT centre in South East London that advertised half day courses for back to biking and also for new pillion passengers. They agreed to do both on a one to one basis on the same day for us. Only cost a total of £120 and was well worth it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Keep a photographic record of your licenses and always check them when they get renewed. I've heard so many times about categories being removed.

Toby28

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Pembrokeshire. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Ok as an ex driving instructor and motorcycle instructor I would strongly advise you do the training to gain your full bike licence. The CBT is easy enough. You spend a few hours going through safety, introduction to bike etc. You will then learn to ride bike safely in a controlled environment. If and when your instructor thinks you are ready you will be taken out onto the road, you will have a radio fitted so you hear instructions from instructor. You must be out on the road for a minimum of 2 hours, you will need to show you can ride safely and have a good knowledge of road signs etc. You are already a car driver so should not be a problem. You will have to do certain manoeuvres, emergency stop, turn in road etc. If at the end of two hours your instructor is happy you are safe he will issue you a CBT valid for two years.
As some have suggested take the direct access and do the whole lot in one. Most would be able to this in a week possibly two, a lot depends on test dates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Keep a photographic record of your licenses and always check them when they get renewed. I've heard so many times about categories being removed.
Don’t ever send your old license away when applying for a new. Say it is lost. It can then be miraculously found if the new ones comes back with groups missing.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Don’t ever send your old license away when applying for a new. Say it is lost. It can then be miraculously found if the new ones comes back with groups missing.

I agree. I just sent off for a C1 renewal and noted that I did not send the old one because I need it for the car in EU where S.88 does not apply.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back